• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Valentine's Event

DeletedUser607

if I recall correctly, the outrage that the goblins are enslaving the orcs was less strong than the outrage that the orc in this story is a horse-beater.

orcs may just deserve it?

how about this: you can still edit the story. make her convince him, that beating horses is not a good idea, and that it harms the meat ;-)

horses deserve more

240_F_50698220_nHxz9FKkTBr5leGPriipnurSLtfNWpV9.jpg

DeletedUser1877

Started to say something about beating and meat and tenderizing, but it sounded soooooo wrong

Elderflower

Maybe "horse wrangler" is a better translation. Someone who handles horses, manages and trains them.
But maybe he is called "horse puncher" to show that he is an unregenerate character who needs the softening power of love to change and reform him. :)

DeletedUser1657

Produce (T1 boost 3hr) 8 times and (T1 boost 9hr) 3 times

Elderflower

It is
to scout another blessed province.
Really this is getting rather tedious. Another 2 days to wait.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1884

I am seriously confused about Gaelagil's Balcony.
Let us compare it with normal building, Woodelves Habitat, assuming you get GB in the wood elves chapter.
Culture per square = 120 vs 103.5 (win by 19.5%)
Population per square = 40 vs 40.4 (marginal loss)
Mana per square per day = 0 vs 138 (infinite loss)

So if I understand the point, some of you and INNO believe that it is cool idea to give reward which is arguably (read: without any doubt) much worse then normal building?

Well let me tell you secret - it is not cool, not fun and not a show of good game design...
What would be show of good game design you ask me? It is really simple
- event rewards should be better (efficient per square) than normal buildings of the same chapter (to give people fun and motivation to participate)
- event rewards (with the exception of the main event prize) should be worse than diamond buildings of the same chapter (developers need to eat too, you know)

But, I humbly ask you, feel free to show me failings of my logic :confused:

DeletedUser1877

Better is a relative thing. To a player who hypothetically begins today, that Balcony is better than anything he can buy/build. To the player who's been here for years, the balcony may indeed be no longer worthwhile. Making the prize big enough to be better than what the seasoned player has would seriously skew the game at the beginners level.

My opinion.

DeletedUser1095

Burukbrak is an Orc. Orcs are mean and like to punch things.

So let him punch other orcs. Or dungheaps. It's not okay to promote cruelty to animals.

Also, it's not just about the name of the character. If you read the storyline - yes, I know that's always a mistake - he's also throwing things at animals. Sheep and the like, not mythical creatures or beasts that could stand up an assailant.

I'm mildly curious why those of you making fun of someone's concern over this issue feel it's somehow worthwhile to keep the elements of animal cruelty in the game. Why couldn't you be just as happy if he were punching nonexistent monsters, inanimate objects or other orcs? (Do any kids play this game, do you reckon? Of course it doesn't need to be a source of positive values, but does it really have to be a source of lousy ones?)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser724

It is
to scout another blessed province.
Really this is getting rather tedious. Another 2 days to wait.

OMG, scout another 1 provinces
u a lucky , 2 days
i am 2 days and 12 hour (if it complete while i am sleep , it will be more )

nowaday, scout seems auto-acknowlege even u do not login map to accept it

DeletedUser736

So let him punch other orcs. Or dungheaps. It's not okay to promote cruelty to animals.

Also, it's not just about the name of the character. If you read the storyline - yes, I know that's always a mistake - he's also throwing things at animals. Sheep and the like, not mythical creatures or beasts that could stand up an assailant.

I'm mildly curious why those of you making fun of someone's concern over this issue feel it's somehow worthwhile to keep the elements of animal cruelty in the game. Why couldn't you be just as happy if he were punching nonexistent monsters, inanimate objects or other orcs? (Do any kids play this game, do you reckon? Of course it doesn't need to be a source of positive values, but does it really have to be a source of lousy ones?)

Because it is fiction? Because I know the difference between fiction and fantasy? Because if I had to be offended by something like this, I would'nt be playing much video games? Be consequent. To begin with, you should blame Inno for including battles between human. I've slaughter many human since I began playing this game. Or promoting war and killing fellow human is much less worse than promoting rocks at sheep? Why don't you get offended at goblins and orcs making use of mushrooms? Do they really have to drug themselves? Could'nt they bake harmless cakes instead?

In your own words, you'd rather have him punch other orcs, than horses. So violence against a fellow sentient creature is ok because??? Orcs are ulgy and horse are cute? Is that why you thing it's okay to beat up orcs?

In NO WAY do promote violence against animals. In fact, if I saw someone beating his dog or cat, I'd probably be the first to do something about it. But this is fiction. They are depicting orcs, which in this fantasy setting are well establish as brutish dumb drugged creature. And I am not going to ask Inno to change their story because I do not like violence against animal, in the same way I am not going to ask a writers to stop making novel about war, or spy.

DeletedUser1877

I could write pages in this discussion, I'll just summarize it. The orc is being an orc, and in fact is beating a non-existant horse, in a story.

NO animals were harmed in the making of this fictional storyline.

DeletedUser736

I think this discussion about the balcony is interesting. Usually I am lazy doing calculation for free games, but somehow, I felt like this balcony did not seem that bad, so I decided to check out for myself . I found out, that in MY city, I would build the balcony, despite it being seemingly bad at first glance. Keep in mind, that I ran those number for MY city, which is in the wood elves chapter, but I am just starting it, because I am investing heavily in wonders right now. So, right now, I have orcish houses, which I used for my calculation. But I DO have weeping willows, so I used those as a reference. I do not count mana. This might seem wrong at first, but a building, to generate mana, needs to be connected to a road. The balcony does not. I think I could disconnect houses and they would still provide population, just would not produce gold anymore, but that would be kind of a waste. Adding roads in the equation make it complicated for no reason, so I choose to ignore road and only compare culture and population bonus.

Here we go :
Weeping willow. 25 squares, 3500 culture : 140 culture per square
Orc house : 900 pop, 12 squares : 75 pop per square
Total : 2 squares provide 140 culture and 75 pop
Balcony : 720 culture, 6 square, 120 per square AND 240 pop, still 6 square, 40 pop per square.
Total : 1 square = 120 culture AND 40 pop so 2 squares of balcony are worth 240 culture and 80 pop

Final : Orc houses and weeping willow = 2 squares worth 140 culture and 75 pop
Balcony = 2 squares worth 240 culture and 80 pop

Final verdict : That balcony is actually pretty decent. Of course, numbers would change if I was further down the tech tree, but at this point, I want this balcony in my city.

ophion

Can't really understand the thought processes behind some of the quests such as scout a province (which takes many of us several days to complete... and have already over scouted )...or produce goods which take 48 hours?
The quests are supposed be challenging or fun...neither of which applies to clicking a button and then doing absolutely nothing for the next two days.
Surely these could be made a little more interesting in future?

DeletedUser736

Can't really understand the thought processes behind some of the quests such as scout a province (which takes many of us several days to complete... and have already over scouted )...or produce goods which take 48 hours?
The quests are supposed be challenging or fun...neither of which applies to clicking a button and then doing absolutely nothing for the next two days.
Surely these could be made a little more interesting in future?
Agreed, theses quest are there only to make sure we take a long time to complete the event. The spells requirement is the easiest roadblock to avoid. I have a level 3 magic academy, so as soon as an event start, I produce 3 PoP spells, and I don't collect them until I get the quest. Once collected, start production anew, because it is usually asked more than once.
Production are tricker, unless you check the spoilers and know ahead of time when they will be requested. Since event are tailored for new players to be able to participate, those quest imply 1st tier good. So I have 6 tier1 factories, but 2 of them are still very small. When the "produce 2 day" or "produce 1 day" pop up, I use those small ones, and it allows me to continue my normal production. You can apply the same strategy with low level workshops.

Don't get me started on the "scout a province" one. I have not found a shortcut for that one yet. And this quest infuriates me because it's specifically this one that made me unable to complete the winter event.

ophion

@galoyal
Given their intention to make us take longer to complete the event...I'd prefer they gave us more quests to fill the time than less quests that take several days to complete which means we sit around twiddling our thumbs for want of something to do.
I also hate the "scout a province" quest. We are constantly being told that we've over scouted and get penalised for it by not being able to win battles etc...then every time an event comes out they make us scout yet another one. Instead of looking forward to these events...which are supposed to be fun extras...I'm getting to the point where I groan when I see a new event coming up...because I know the extended days of waiting for productions to complete or days of scouting a province to end are going to be a total pain in the butt.

DeletedUser736

@galoyal
Given their intention to make us take longer to complete the event...I'd prefer they gave us more quests to fill the time than less quests that take several days to complete which means we sit around twiddling our thumbs for want of something to do.
I also hate the "scout a province" quest. We are constantly being told that we've over scouted and get penalised for it by not being able to win battles etc...then every time an event comes out they make us scout yet another one. Instead of looking forward to these events...which are supposed to be fun extras...I'm getting to the point where I groan when I see a new event coming up...because I know the extended days of waiting for productions to complete or days of scouting a province to end are going to be a total pain in the butt.
I agree with you. But if I delve too much on the subject, I will lost my temper, and I don't want that to happen again ;)

lika1961

Scout another province? It is the same old thing over and over again. Actually, I suspect it is laziness. It is easier to use the same boring stuff over and over than to come up with something new. Perhaps we should help with some ideas. Clearly the devs have run out of imagination. Any ideas for quests that do not make us want to stop participating in events?

DeletedUser736

Scout another province? It is the same old thing over and over again. Actually, I suspect it is laziness. It is easier to use the same boring stuff over and over than to come up with something new. Perhaps we should help with some ideas. Clearly the devs have run out of imagination. Any ideas for quests that do not make us want to stop participating in events?
In no particular order, and not saying they are good ideas. Just brainstorming.

Loose x troops in battle
Acquire x prod on the market
Acquire x prod from the wholesaler.
Sell a building
Cast a spell (instead of "produce")
Help x players.