• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] The Solution: Player Movement

Elderflower

It all sounds very interesting. I'll be sorry to lose a couple of my good trading/aiding neighbours but on balance I think this is a worthwhile experiment. Since I send my scout out almost every other day I'm glad I won't have to worry about them getting lost in the move. And the good neighbours might even move with me since the move has to preserve the pattern of goods deposits around me too.

DeletedUser1345

I have a flurry of new neighbors, and none of my old ones. Weird thing is, I chose not to be moved. At first I was concerned I might lose scouted provinces, as well as the current scout. That did not happen. Does not seem buggy at all.
After thinking it over, I decided I would opt out, even if I lost all neighbors, because I would rather have the gold mines, that I can utilize quickly. Option is still off, maybe next time they will all move again and I can stay put, and get my gold mines back.

DeletedUser1232

I was hoping... my map is the same, neighboroughs inactive, a few of trades, nobody sharing the tournament!

DeletedUser1513

I was hoping... my map is the same, neighboroughs inactive, a few of trades, nobody sharing the tournament!
Indeed tournaments are a disaster... Like always here in this game the nice rewards "shards" are almost impossible to get, or they are at the last tournament level that you can only reach (in my timezone) if you play the game once in the middle of the night in the middle of a working week. So impossible. Or at the group tournament rewards at a level that you can never reach with the current tournament involvement.
It's clear that the game designers are not working on making this game fun, but rather on making money out of it.
But they forget that only people having fun in a game use money to progress.

DeletedUser1095

I have a flurry of new neighbors, and none of my old ones. Weird thing is, I chose not to be moved. ... Option is still off, maybe next time they will all move again and I can stay put, and get my gold mines back.

Unfortunately it appears you're the one who's been moved, Spinster. You're no longer on my horizon, and no one else in the neighbourhood seems to have moved. I'd say you've got a bug report to file.

DeletedUser1513

I have a flurry of new neighbors, and none of my old ones. Weird thing is, I chose not to be moved.
Damn I should have known! I should have marked myself not to move, because Inno is always doing the opposite than what you expect!

DeletedUser1513

Unfortunately it appears you're the one who's been moved, Spinster. You're no longer on my horizon, and no one else in the neighbourhood seems to have moved. I'd say you've got a bug report to file.
Probably in the next try they will move all inactive players to the center of the map!

DeletedUser724

O !!!! Mink ...you are in a desert !!!!

Spinster has tons of player around !!!!

Elderflower

Nope. The earth didn't move for me either. ;)
Rather glad that I still have some of my good neighbours for a little while longer.

The first tests we did were small scale. We are now analyzing the results (so far all looks good) and we'll do a larger scale test soon. We are currently looking to do this tomorrow, but we are not sure yet - it depends on the analysis of this morning's tests. :)

Dony

King of Bugs
It would be nice if we get official statement from Inno who is in the middle of the map so people knows what position to compare with in reports.

DeletedUser1095

MufMuf, see above: My ex-neighbour spinster had the option set to "don't move me" and yet got moved, along with one other neighbour. The rest of my old 'hood is still here. Why did the experiment affect someone who didn't want to be moved?

DeletedUser1513

The first tests we did were small scale. We are now analyzing the results (so far all looks good) and we'll do a larger scale test soon. We are currently looking to do this tomorrow, but we are not sure yet - it depends on the analysis of this morning's tests. :)
I hope you can finish it all before the next tournament starts, otherwise some will be in a very interesting neighbourhood and some in a hood that still sucks, which will be largely unfair.

DeletedUser1095

O !!!! Mink ...you are in a desert !!!!

So I've noticed. And just to keep things cheerful, most of the cities you see around me are inactive.

Spinster used to be my farthest NE neighbour, and is now way way WAY to my west.