• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.6

DeletedUser408

well i am blind i want back to teh cities with a chest supposedly adn look outside the bounderies, i cannot see them at all :((((

DeletedUser408

ok i don't think u can go back to city that it said it was in but as i did rest of Followship i received 3 other notices and indeed found them in the outlying area's of that persons city, From notes u get 3 max per day right? Key is if u get notice to not leave that persons city till you find it :) is who i assume it works

DeletedUser629

It seems the devs have changed their mind about the tournaments being there for everyone, more and more looks like tournaments are advanced players only, everyone else will not be able to participate regularly. And if you don't like to fight, then forget it, this is not for you.

I'm pretty sure that's not their intention since they're available at an early stage, but the balance is off at the moment, and i'm saying this as an advanced player.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure that's not their intention since they're available at an early stage, but the balance is off at the moment, and i'm saying this as an advanced player.

I think when they envisioned the tournaments there were meant for everyone, hence its placement in the tech tree. And that is why on the first week the fights were easy and the catering costs were low, so everyone could participate. But this intention seemed to have changed over time. Maybe players were advancing too fast because they were gaining too many kps? Once they saw players getting loads of kps and flying through tech and increasing their boosts to the cap, they have been nerfing the tournament with each update, to a point right now that it is unplayable by most players.

It is a shame they didn't wait for our feedback on beta about these changes before implementing them live, because now, the tournament's first impression is a very poor one, and some players might never give it another chance, even if inno corrects the imbalance.

DeletedUser867

May I ask why the button for neighborly help had to move to the bottom? In my oppinion it was quite fine up there were it was before.
The hands are now right next to the World button, which you'll be using when you're visiting your neighbors. I like the new location.

I suspect that the actual "reason" is that the new E hotkey depends on the active frame, which would be the main display until you've clicked on the profile frame.

I HOPE that it's a lead in to clickable hands in the Fellowship roster. I was a bit disappointed that clicking the Fellowship Shield doesn't (yet) take you back to the visited member's row in the fellowship roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser607

okay, I begin to understand what is going on with the quests.

apparently, in the phase where the player has 2 quests available, they are sorted by alphabet.

for example: I have the quests "Complete 1 building upgrade to lvl 11 or higher" and "Complete 1 residence upgrade to lvl 11 or higher".

b comes before r.

I have to check it, if that is true all the time...

ETA: the update has a few nice things, for example the new way of actually seeing who already donated to you in the fellowship-menu. but over all, the update messes around with quite a few routines, advanced players have. for example neighborly help, why does the button need to be at the bottom now?

DeletedUser118

The hands are now right next to the World button, which you'll be using when you're visiting your neighbors. I like the new location.

I suspect that the actual "reason" is that the new E hotkey depends on the active frame, which would be the main display until you clicked on the profile frame.

I HOPE that it's a lead in to clickable hands in the Fellowship roster. I was a bit disappointed that clicking the Fellowship Shield doesn't (yet) take you back to the visited member's row in the fellowship roster.

Well, yes indeed it is showing now right next to the world icon and I can understand that this way its easier to visit neighbors. On the other hand they moved it further away from the fellowship button, making giving help to those "harder" now.

The mentioned clickable hands in the fellowship list would of course solve this problem the best. :)

Elderflower

I think I like the changes. I find it easier to help my fellows now. I like the bonus indicator and being able to tell who is ready to be helped again without having to go there first.
The treasure chest is a fun idea especially for people starting out.
I wasn't doing that many tournaments anyway, only if I had goods or money etc to spare as I can't be bothered with fighting. So like Madzix I will mostly save them for acquiring new provinces.
Our Fellowship is also showing the members in alphabetical order, with no scores apart from the first player's.

DeletedUser1231

I wanted to make a point on the rebalancing of the tournaments of this week.
The positive point: the demand in materials in widely decreased, what allows in players "pacifist" to make the tournaments.:)
The negative point: the demand in the goods is disproportionate with compared with the difficulty of the fights.:(
I give some explanation:

For the first tour of the tournament I made the first 7 provinces.
The first one I have him to negotiate because it was not too expensive.
6 others I fought because the negotiation of every fight costs me from 1000 in 2500 the goods of every era.
If we make an average of 1500 for every negotiation, him shall have cost me if I have quite negotiated :
1500*8 fights 6 provinces of the goods of every era, are 72000 the goods of every era.
To produce 72 000 silk costs me 87500 materials and 875000 coins.
To produce 72 000 gemme costs me 370 000 materials and 3 700 000 coins.
What makes me a total cost of 457500 materials and 4575000 coins (and still I am 600 % of boost otherwise shall be it even more).
In comparison with 457500 materials I can produce 1412 units of golem III.
I leave you imagined the number of fights which we can make with 1412 units of golem.:D
even if I was a very bad fighter, I shall have no interest to be fought.

Thank you for rebalanced again to allow the (many) players pacifist to participate in the tournaments.

DeletedUser1278

So the idea that you want to make more people to build the magic academy is with another spell .
What for me is total useless. lol lol lol so other people maybe to
So now instead of 10 kp I can have 20 kp in stored thats also a big joke.
without te spell i can have 300 or more if i save al kp from tournament or wonder buildings.

still you did nott proof that its a good thing to build that disney building still is useless sorry
SPEL 1 power of provision make more supply,s for what use it only when there is a new part of the three now only buy wood and steel and jugh jugh jugh after 5 million of it it makes me sick
SPEL 2 a culture bonus for what is that use to get more coins or supply,s again totall useless
SPEL 3 a goods production where we need goods for we have 6 months to collect then we have a new chapter to spend a little of it and we start collecting again for many months again its total useless
SPEL 4 shown above

There is nothing in here for me and maybe the other big players that makes it to build the magical for that
SO im stuck with the non declineble quests who cares only thing thats comes out off that coins and supply,s.

((((((((My idea make a spell that wil cost more then the others and with that spell you can breakdown the building.)))))))
Because you putt it in our face and said just eat it . butt many of us dont want it and you dont give a damn about it.

We are still not confinced of the use of it its stil is useless in my eyes.
The idea make spelss and create more tools so the use of workshops is way down so you can break a few down.
After introducing the snail in this game its all about money and players that where playing with a little money are kicked on there asss now you have to choose pay more money or now way in hell you get close to our big spenders even with 500 provinces more its impossible you get close
Well now i dont do my 20 euro,s a month anymore i do nothing .. and all players who make contact with me i tell the truth about how you killed the game.

DeletedUser

The difficulty with the latest version of catering costs is that now the costs of gaining KP, relics, and shards is higher than the cost of gaining them through other game mechanisms.

And this is compounded by the fact that when we use the relics for Spells, the result is a net loss. It costs more to buy a relic via catering than the relic produces via Spells.

Boosted relics are still worth gaining via catering.

Will some strong fighter estimate the costs of unit losses in average fighting / Relic gained...and then determine whether the Relic is a loss or gain when used for a Spell?

DeletedUser1601

I find the new spell quite useless too. If you connect the game often you don't need it, you use your KP as they come. It is already 10h of KP gathering. Using a spell to go to 20h ? That stay only for 2 days ? You have to predict you can't connect in next 10 hours to use is, otherwise it has no benefit. All spell are of poor interest for me, this one do not change the fact my magic academy is Zzzz full time.

DeletedUser1231

This spell I find him useful for the players who as me the weekend connect only twice a day (in the morning and in the evening).
I shall use this spell on Fridays evenings like that I shall not have losses anymore of PK during the weekend.

DeletedUser

This spell I find him useful for the players who as me the weekend connect only twice a day (in the ?morning and in the evening).
I shall use this spell on Fridays evenings like that I shall not have losses anymore of PK during the weekend.

I'm sure you'll first analyze the costs of the 2-4 Relics needed? Yes, in the short run, there's the stockpile of Relics to work from...in the long run, we can probably buy 10 KP cheaper than we can make the Spell necessary to accumulate it.

DeletedUser867

I doubt I will do the tournament again, even when it is my boost, because the costs are too high for the rewards being offered.
From a game balance point of view, the Tournaments are designed to CONSUME resources, not produce them.
Tournaments are a pastime, in the most literal sense of the word.

DeletedUser

From a game balance point of view, the Tournaments are designed to CONSUME resources, not produce them.
Tournaments are a pastime, in the most literal sense of the word.

My problem is not that tournament consume resources, that's to be expected. My problem is that as it is, it is bringing a huge unbalance to the game between fighters and not fighters. We are told at the beginning of the game that we had a choice in how played, we could fight or negotiate. And it was that way until now. Now, an advanced player has no chance of catering anything in the tournaments because the cost is way too high, whilst fighters can do as many provinces as they like.

This is seriously unbalanced, the costs in troops should be equivalent to the cost for catering and vice-versa. I could even accept that catering be slightly more expensive as it was before this update, but right now it is an absurd.

DeletedUser1231

I'm sure you'll first analyze the costs of the 2-4 Relics needed? Yes, in the short run, there's the stockpile of Relics to work from...in the long run, we can probably buy 10 KP cheaper than we can make the Spell necessary to accumulate it.
My stock of relics increases faster than I cannot spend them in the academy then it is true that I do not look at what costs me a spell.
On the other hand as I was very extravagant in the purchase of the PK, maintaining he is very expensive to me to buy it:p
This is why this spell will be useful for me (but not essential all the same).

DeletedUser

My problem is not that tournament consume resources, that's to be expected. My problem is that as it is, it is bringing a huge unbalance to the game between fighters and not fighters. We are told at the beginning of the game that we had a choice in how played, we could fight or negotiate. And it was that way until now. Now, an advanced player has no chance of catering anything in the tournaments because the cost is way too high, whilst fighters can do as many provinces as they like.

This is seriously unbalanced, the costs in troops should be equivalent to the cost for catering and vice-versa. I could even accept that catering be slightly more expensive as it was before this update, but right now it is an absurd.

This statement should be highlighted in a separate thread. It's the most important point re Tournaments as of now...

....and I do remember we started questioning this weeks ago, when Tournaments first started being mentioned. "Why is a builder game focusing its active play on fighting?" The catering cost imbalances only prove our point - it's no longer a balanced game between builders and fighters.

UPDATE

In addition, the update increased the permanent rank points given to winners - another method of changing the balance of the game to favor fighters.

Last edited by a moderator: