• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.6

DeletedUser

I too find too high caterings cost, but I enjoied doing a calculation.
I finished the era of the fairies and I produced a day 33 000 the goods level 1,42 000 the goods level 2 and 17 200 goods level 3.
What makes me a production for 3 weeks of 700 000 goods level 1, 880 000 goods level 2 and 361 000 goods level 3 (he stays in me some more of place, I am thus going to be able to with no problem at all put back one or 2 buildings of every time buildings fairies deleted)

I am a fighter, I thus have buildings to produce units which take me (a lot) of place of (a lot of) culture.
If I am a not fighter I am thus going to get back this place to produce goods (approximately 30 % more) what brings me to a production for 3 weeks of :

910 000 goods level
1 1 115 000 goods niveau2
470 000 goods level 3

lordB to show that were needed 1 000 000 of the goods level 1, 900 000 goods level 2 and 830 000 goods level 3 for
Make 5 levels of the first 7 provinces.
If I manage well my productions, I shall be thus capable of making the tournaments which concern my relics boosted (all 3 week)

Well on I did not take into account needs in goods for the explorations.
This is why I consider that trading costs are too high at present but it is not impossible either.

A good compromise shall be to decrease in approximately 40 % the cost of the negotiations to make accessible in players "pacifist" the tournaments but not make too easy the tournaments for the players fighters

Just out of curiosity, how many manus of each tier do you have?

DeletedUser

is rather like going to college, and griping because you have to take some core humanities courses even though you're only interested in engineering, or the other way round.
"Making" players participate in all aspects of the game, at least a little bit, increases the breath and complexity of the game, which thereby makes the game more challenging, better balanced, and ultimately more satisfying. So eat your vegetables. They're good for you.

Front page of Wiki:

"You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you."
So, Katwijk, who are you to speak disrespectfully to another player, when you're once again inventing your own game having nothing to do with Inno's own definitions? You can't keep pretending to be oh-so pro-Inno, while conveniently ignoring their statements when convenient for your arguments.

DeletedUser

7 marble level 19 (boost 693 %)
6 silk level 16 (boost 615 %)
3 gems level 15 (boost 531 %)

I think for players without premium expansions it will be hard to have that many manus, but lets assume everyone has them. On top of the cost of normal provinces, you need to think you need goods to upgrade the building in your city and for tech. So yes, the costs are still too high. I have just asked a question about this on the live question Inno just had on the elvenar facebook page, and the answer i got was that they are listening to our feedback and will rebalance if needed. So please listen, it is needed!

DeletedUser

There sometimes seems to be a misunderstanding that we're asking for an easy or fast game - but this really isn't the case.

It can be slow, but not tedious.

It can be difficult, but not unfair or well-nigh impossible.

As to the catering costs....let's consider the balance. Assuming that benroq's assessment above is correct, and it will require a full 3 weeks of production to be competitive in tournament play. The balance question then is: does it also require 3 full weeks of barracks production to make the same progress in the tournament?

DeletedUser1231

and it will require a full 3 weeks of production to be competitive in tournament play
Being competitive yes but to be at the top of ranking not.
With the first 7 provinces at the level 5 you do not be in the top 50 (it is what I made last week and I was 63rd I believe)
I am aware to make party of the players who produce more goods than averages her players thus if for me it is necessary 3 weeks to make "correctly" the tournaments by negotiating, it is impossible for the majority of the players

A rebalancing in the reduction in the negotiations is thus essential, on the other hand for the fights I find the very correct difficulty (at least for the players with units moved forward).

DeletedUser867

"You can either become a skilled and well-known trader, refine your producing art or lead your troops to victory in 3D-animated battles, the decision is up to you."
That statement suggests THREE playing styles:
  1. Trading
  2. Manufacturing (even though production implies Supplies most of the time)
  3. Combat
There's no hint of exclusivity in that statement. It's merely offering three different areas of emphasis, similar to which major your pick in college. I've yet to find ANY Innogames source that says you can completely ignore any one of the three, while there are PLENTY of mandatory guests for each of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why retort and ignore the original point? No one mentioned exclusivity - merely that we could formerly be manufactory -based with little reliance upon fighting. Inno has decided now that everyone has to major in fighting if they want to succeed in Tournaments. And why is this troublesome?

Because Tournaments will become vital, since the Magic Academy is dependent on Relics, and Relics come via Tournaments. If a player doesn't "major" in obtaining Relics, they won't be able to play effectively. Both new developments are essentially fighting dependent - Academy and Tournament.

The Wiki has to be modified - at the very least to state that learning to fight will become essential to the game. Current players who survive via autofight aren't likely to be able to obtain the numbers of Relics needed long term.

Right now, while we're all sitting on hundreds of non-boost Relics, this doesn't seem like much of a problem. But the game seems likely to increase dependence on the Academy, and that building devours Relics.

DeletedUser338

No one mentioned exclusivity - merely that we could formerly be manufactory -based with little reliance upon fighting.
Aye. And the opposite was completely impossible since just fighting isn't gonna get you anywhere. You have no choice but to manufacture and trade. But apparently that was never a problem. Just now, when you've gotta start fighting a bit, y'all start complaining.
Fighting ain't so hard. It's pretty straightforward. And even if you're not that good at it, auto-fighting still works for a LOT of battles. Will you get to the top 10 by just auto-fighting? No. But let's be honest, it would be stupid if you could.
Finally getting a higher rank takes some damn skill. Be happy about it. A game that takes no skill will eventually become boring as hell and die off real quick.

DeletedUser651

With the increased negotiating costs for tournaments and the time between tournament levels being so long, I can't really play on more than one world. I don't know if that matters to the devs, but I thought I would report it.

DeletedUser1596

Nice job with this new neighborly help, but if I could ask for a little bit more.. can you make another button next to NEIGHBORLY HELP that would take me directly to the town of my next felowship member?

DeletedUser

No, the prizes are limited, and available only to the top scoring players - so it's a pretty absurd fallacy to say otherwise. All other points in the game are equal and available to everyone - and awarded as the player meets the "environment's" criteria. Other points can never be taken by another player. Every player gets x points any time they decide to upgrade a building...complete an encounter. No one else can take those points from them by being bigger, faster, better, or more willing to spend.

"It's the players own choice not to fight..." is anther incorrect defense. Even if every player chose to fight and emptied their resources and spent hundreds of dollars....still the rewards would only go to the top 100 players, not everyone who chose to fight. Your argument would only be valid if the tournament was structured like the checkpoints, "every player reaching 500 points gets x reward, every player reaching 1000 points gets y reward, etc.

As for who wins tournaments on live servers...the top winners are either snail players or folks who are practically famous for their fighting skills.

I have a ton of Snails and wipe out my Troops almost every other tournament (I only do 4-5 on Tournaments where I don't have Boosted Relics), and I only do those for the KP. Otherwise, after 5-6 Provinces, the tournaments just become too expensive to do. Whether I fight or use goods to Cater, it doesn't matter, ITS NOT WORTH IT if I don't get boosted relics. The only reason I do Iron and Silk is for the Supply Spells. Catering and Fighting are just insanely expensive (even for me) after the 5-6th province, unless I'm desperate for the boost on my Gems, Crystals or Marble, and after another round of tourney's, I should have 2 maxed out at 700%, and will not need to do them anymore.

The ONLY things Snails are good for is Population (or if desperate, Culture.) You get NO ranking points for them at all, so you waste city space in that way. However, sometimes you really need the population to put in Factories that do have good ranking points, and they make more sense than cities in population (i.e., 3 cities maxed would be still less population than one Snail.) Again, at least with the cities, you do get ranking points, which matters these days. Pick your Provinces/Tournaments wisely and save your troops for those where it will actually make a difference (unless you need spell ingredients.) I have just started practicing this, so that I can get my Gems Boost up where it should be and I like saving my troops up, feels like I'm finally able to get somewhere with them, then they make the fights so lop-sided, I really, really needed these Troop Boosts from the Orc Tables. I just wish they added more men. Thanks!