• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

DeletedUser1721

I cannot like your post because I am still unconscious at the thought that they're asking me to spend 80 dollars on a premium expansion.

That's.... that's like 160k in WoW gold of tokens I could buy with that..... or dinner at a very nice restaurant with dessert......

lika1961

We have been told in no uncertain terms that a lot of us have expanded beyond what is expected and changes have been made to show us the error of our ways. And yet, I can buy 23 premium expansions (if I wanted to spend ridiculous money) and that would be okay. Huh? There is obviously something I'm not seeing.

DeletedUser1657

Well no more diamonds for me then :(. Shame I have been waiting over 12 months for a special offer so I could buy diamonds to get expansions. For me expansions and maybe 1/2 builders were the only worthwhile diamond spend and only if I got a % boost on diamonds at time of purchase.

I prefer to spend diamonds on things that last so rushing builds/scouts or buying culture buildings that become out-dated are not options. Diamonds to upgrade the MA are a waste of my time as it speeds up production of spells making the lack of relic worse. This leaves a builder or 2 and expansions. The price of expansions now is prohibitive to me and closes the only avenue of regular spend I would have spent diamonds on.

Thanks for the savings :cool:

DeletedUser1721

How is EIGHTY DOLLARS a realistic reflection of a single premium expansion's value?

This is ridiculous. I now have absolutely no intention of ever buying another premium expansion again if you increase this price.

What do the devs think our average income/money to spare on luxuries a month is anyway?

I never swear, but this change is kind of making me want to, because.... I honestly don't get it. This makes no sense. Premium expansions are the one improvement players can buy for their city that has a tangible, long lasting effect, and now the devs are pricing them out of customers' ability to buy them?

Devs, if you're doing this because you're noticing that customers don't often buy the last ten premium expansions, I assure you that it isn't because the customers aren't willing to buy them. It's because of the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

Devs don't want us to buy too many expansions, they don't put enough in the research tree, and they don't want us to scout provinces for them...

What do they want?

During my time playing this game, I have consistently checked out cities that are in the top 10 for ideas and guidance on how to grow. I can't do that anymore, because the devs have changed the rules. Could the devs please push out some cities that use ONLY the correct # expansions without diamond spend so we can get a sense of what should be in these cities and how we would fit it all? That way, we can use that as our idea board and move on from there.

DeletedUser950

This morning I should pay 800 diamonds for an premium expension - tonight I should pay 4000! This is ridicoulos.

I thougt it over longtime to buy diamonds and I did it 1 week ago, to bay expansions. I bought already a few, but half of the diamonds I had in mind to buy the expensions when I need them for the elves. And now - you changed the prices 500% more for one. I'm more than angry - these is a very unfair marketing-strategy.

You have my money already and than you changed prices without announcment. I never would spend that much money. You want now 25 Euro for 1 expansion! At least I can say, its the last mony I ever spent for a game by inno!

DeletedUser736

Well...many players were saying that the battle changes were to force players into buying expansions, so at least we can figure that isn't true =)

(unless you count the mad dash to buy them before they are gone on live servers)
Then again, they said we were too far on the map and the new battle system was to prevent us to move further, but did'nt touch the negotiation, which is what mot peoples were using to progress anyway.

There is no logic in how they implement changes. Inno has never been good at balancing things out, and never will. You have to accept it, and hope they don't screw up this game as bad as they screwed FoE (altough, I have to admit it has been at least 2 years since I left, Forge, so thing might have improved... But let me doubt it!)

edit : The wholesaler issue is another proof they don't really think trough theses changes. They just try out stuff and see what happens. They are the mad scientists of gaming :D

double edit : Also... I noticed on the charts of expansions that you can earn provinces expansion up to 500 provinces. But I am too far on the map???? Why is that implemented for up to 500 province if I am not even remotely supposed to go there?

SoggyShorts

I noticed on the charts of expansions that you can earn provinces expansion up to 500 provinces.
I know that I personally make columns far too deep when doing up an excel sheet, sometimes for future use.

I've never totally understood when players count the available squares on the city map and think that they should be able to fill them all. What if inno added 20 more squares down, and 20 more squares across? Would the argument for unlimited world province expansion be that you expect to fill all of those too? Some of those might be intended for future use, or paying players that want a really easy game.

To be clear, (since I know I'd get pixel-slapped if I didn't mention this) I don't think anyone "expanded too far", and I'm not a fan of the limits.
EDIT: full disclosure, I'm just finishing dwarves, and while I've calculated all the space I'll need for fairies I haven't looked further than that, 50% lazy and 50% leaving myself something to do later.

I'd like to know if there is anyone in orcs with 200 or less explored, no premiums, and enough room to make production to not get tech-locked. It's certainly doable in dwarf chapter with a 7x7 city (100 provinces cleared)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1075

EDIT: full disclosure, I'm just finishing dwarves, and while I've calculated all the space I'll need for fairies I haven't looked further than that, 50% lazy and 50% leaving myself something to do later.

I'd like to know if there is anyone in orcs with 200 or less explored, no premiums, and enough room to make production to not get tech-locked. It's certainly doable in dwarf chapter with a 7x7 city (100 provinces cleared)

This is what I am asking, though I'd like the answer for the woodelves chapter. I just want some idea of what that city would look like.

I based my current build on ease of fulfilling some of the rotating quests, guidance from what I saw from other players' cities in general, and matching supplies/coins/population requirements accordingly. I've seen very clearly that it is not really possible to keep my city as-is with enough settlements to move through the research and fulfill those quests. So I want to know, what are the devs thinking is doable?

Up through fairies I was fine. Orcs was a disaster - completely. I couldn't build for months until I finished the tech tree, then I had to play catch-up on the quest line. I thought I could manage woodelves, but now the quest requirements indicate that I need more of each settlement building than I had planned on (2 of each except the fabricator - apparently that isn't enough). So again, either I ditch the culture and lose the enjoyment of the game while I push through the research, or I figure out how to reduce my city. I like my city though, so I'm not very happy about that option, so I'm looking for ideas before I kill things.

If I could get a few more expansions, this wouldn't be an issue. But I can't. So I'm trying to retrofit, and I'm looking for information so I can do that intelligently.

DeletedUser1657

If you mean producing orc goods to not get tech locked, I doubt it. I got the feeling we were expected to get tech locked at some point through orcs. Its also hard to say for new towns as the game has changed and the amount of KP a person can earn per day varies by player which will impact how quickly one needs to generate those resources.

DeletedUser1721

I know that I personally make columns far too deep when doing up an excel sheet, sometimes for future use.

I've never totally understood when players count the available squares on the city map and think that they should be able to fill them all. What if inno added 20 more squares down, and 20 more squares across? Would the argument for unlimited world province expansion be that you expect to fill all of those too? Some of those might be intended for future use, or paying players that want a really easy game.

To be clear, (since I know I'd get pixel-slapped if I didn't mention this) I don't think anyone "expanded too far", and I'm not a fan of the limits.

It's because, when plotting out a city that uses what the devs say is the most that a well designed city should have (four of each manufactory, with six if it's a small manufactory for its tier, plus all the workshops needed to support them, plus two armories and barracks, it takes all of the squares on the city map to make that city. And there still isn't quite room for all the buildings the devs say should be there. My attempts to plot out a wood elf city don't include training grounds or a Magic Academy because there isn't room for either one.

Since the devs say that people can make well balanced cities with the space they're allowed to get, and the entire available space is needed to construct what they say is the maximum a balanced city should have, this implies that players should be able to fill them all.

SoggyShorts

four of each manufactory

Where is this from? That is waaaay off as far as I can tell.
6x T1
3xT2
2xT3
has been plenty, I haven't been tech-locked since my first week, and only spend excess coins on KP, never goods, and cater all the tournaments.

Having an extra 2 tier 3 buildings would be overkill, and cost more in support buildings than the others combined.
Unless you are using vast quantities of goods for negotiating you can't possibly spend what your T3 produce.

This is the trap that some players are in- needing more space to make goods to negotiate to get more space, repeat
If rank is your goal you kinda have to do that, but if moving along the tech tree is your goal you can do it with far less space.

DeletedUser1721

4 of each is the standard that anyone on the US forums points to when telling players that they're going overkill building manufactories. Two t3 sounds extremely slow in terms of saving up enough goods for fairy research in particular, while trying to cater tournaments at the same time. I run out of magic dust sometimes even with four, when the tournament flavor of the week is something that requires lots of t3 goods, but I can't afford to build anymore.

SoggyShorts

I'll have to get back to you next chapter then, still a few days from fairies =)
EDIT: durrr I totally forgot to mention I have 550%+ boosts, I'm sorry that's gotta be a factor
EDIT2: I'm not sure how much upgrades are, but for Fairies techs you need about 150K T3 goods, and I have double that in the bank.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1721

Most of the researches require at least five thousand, minimum, t3 goods, at least the researches I've been in since I entered fairies. When you're trying to also cater tournaments, and do quests which are telling you to complete encounters :mad:, and also help out fellowship members who are suddenly short in t3 goods, and hey, I just had to upgrade my Martial Monastery to 6 for good measure, you run out of goods fast with four manufactories. I can't imagine reducing to just two. Much of the time I do have plenty of surplus goods, but... the times when I don't and have to save back up are so painful that it's not worth reducing just because most of the time I have surplus.

I also have a human city on another US server which has three scrolls manufactories, and I'm constantly short on scrolls. As soon as it has room to build a fourth scrolls manufactory I'm building one. And it hasn't even started dwarves yet.

Buttrflwr

It looks like they (Inno) are about to "patch" me out of the game. This is beyond ridiculous. In the long run, this money grubbing ploy to cash in on diamond expansions is going to cost them. I refuse to pay $50 & up (I already have 12 expansions) on something I can't even move my barracks to, that's ONE BUILDING! Smh.