• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

DeletedUser

Fixed the problems with the Tournaments - we will be enabling those again shortly
Next tournament will start in: 6 d, 4 h ! Shortly ??? :confused:

Because we disabled the current Crystal Tournament, the ingame counter until the next Tournament does not take the Crystal Tournament into consideration anymore whatsoever. This is why the counter now says "6 days".

CrazyWizard

Because we disabled the current Crystal Tournament, the ingame counter until the next Tournament does not take the Crystal Tournament into consideration anymore whatsoever. This is why the counter now says "6 days".

I hope this doesnt mean you have the tournament end during work hours on monday,
Since that would disqualify 99% of the players in this tournament contending for the top spot, since the last few rounds require manual fighting that takes hours at a time most of us need to work.

Heymrdiedier

I hope this doesnt mean you have the tournament end during work hours on monday,
Since that would disqualify 99% of the players in this tournament contending for the top spot, since the last few rounds require manual fighting that takes hours at a time most of us need to work.
No need to worry cw, i think they will keep the tournament endttime, they will just change the cooldown to 1 hour :D

We will do what we can - but first we need to focus on fixing all issues. We'll try to make this as easy on everyone as is possible in the circumstances, just don't expect miracles. ;)

DeletedUser538

I think the new approach towards expansions will be bad for the profitability of the game.

Many players - including myself - mainly bought diamonds to acquire some extra expansions: after all an expansion will last forever in the game, while a diamond building will get obsolete at a certain time as one progresses. Buying expansions at the current pricing will inhibit many from buying diamonds imho.

I really wonder how long this new approach will last...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser724

• The maximum number of premium city expansions you can buy has been lowered to 23, to make the amounts more fair. We have also increased the prices for this particular type of city expansion to reflect its value better.
It is super interesting to learn that
make the amount more fair

I suppose player buy diamond and use it mainly in diamond expansion
Game is never fair between "non-money-spender' and "money-spender"

It is universal rule that
you spend $$$ in playing internet game, u get more advantage
the more u spend $$$, the more advantage u get
More area by putting more $$$...., more $$$ more area , more area to place buildings...

If it is "more fair", how do Inno encourge money-spender to play and spend $$$

"More fair" never apply to premium expansion
To it "more fair", it is a balance of area and buildings such that
"non-money-spender" can able to play and progress the game < of course with some degree of difficulties and encourage they change their mind to buy preimum expansion >, nothing related with amount of preimum expansion

I do not see there is a major problem after I getting those event buildings which give culture and hugh population, the game is still able to play and progress < if quest of event is not impossible >
The game will be extreme diffculites or even super hard to play if player do not play event once they enter chapter 5
It is player's problem if they do not play event, nothing related with "fair"

I do prefer Inno revert back to original amount of diamond to buy preimum expansion
< this also avoid any conflict of any player that already buy preimum expansion over 23>
However, it should not capped at 1200 diamond
The original scale of buying preimum expansion is good enough to encourage player to spend ....

Player feel the game "unfair" is
Battle Redesign....
This is particualrly important for non-money spender
they need to go that direction to get more expansion to place buildings
battle redesign is a BLOCKAGE of that direction and make the game unfair
Inno can increase the diffculities of battles , but should not make "Impossible to win"
"Impossible to win" is the origin of "UNFAIR" in this game in current situation

I can tell the game is unfair to me
recently in game world, I have re-meet the same situation
I know some 1 provide many trades which happen to be my non-boosted
and I need those non-boosted goods
and I need those trader (more traders....as they also active player and active supplier )
and I do not want to pay those commission-fee to get those goods < not urgent for me >
In order to get those non-boosted goods
I need to battle to reach that player < exactly like what i play previously in beta world >
Battle-redesign is now a road-block to me in game world
It is unfair to me to stop me to reach those trader ( active player too )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

It just occured to me when I read my previous post mentioning myself not hesitating supporting early access games - what the hey, that's what this game really is now. Just look back at the last 3 months: player movement fixing a design flaw, battle redesign fixing a design flaw (and after that they found out they still can't make the units fly etc), wholesaler redesign (stay tuned for the next episode of...), and now fixing the too many premium expansion ooops.

It's just that they started at version 0.xx and then after every update the game went upwards until v. 1.xx was reached. It's quite playable game I admit but all the design flaws seem to point that it still should be at v. 0.xx or something.

So if you suddenly loose a premium option it's just the way you see it yourself. The developers see it just their right to change the game as they see fit (quite right) but they also see the player who bought the premium option not necessarily minding loosing it (the premium part) because they were just supporting an early access game anyway so that maybe 2 years from now somebody can play a "game".

DeletedUser724

O ??? do not understand ???

It is always ( game developer do everything they want ) and ( player decide to leave or stay as they want to ) ... universal rule
do whatever u want, do whatever i want ...action..reaction..action..reaction..etc

every player want the game to revolution for better game and give more enjoyment /happiness, it is up to game developer to decide "how" and "how to make money from it"

battle redesign is a terrible update..... the idea of "battle redesign" is good, but the method they adopted is too terrible.....
< I think...game developer even do not try it themself, then they put it into out for testing..
this is beta world, we are there to help... however game developer should test it before release out in beta world
beta tester only test any issue/bug/constraints...etc before it is offically release to game world
but what beta tester meet...something is impossible.... that is not a correct way of game design...>

the new wholesale market is another terrible update... I am neutral whether price should be increased in each trade
but I do not object if game developer increased the price after each trade
however, the "original design" has asked player to use market to dispose excess coins/supplies to buy non-boosted goods
under the original market, player can buy any non-boosted they really want
but the new wholesaler market force player to coins and supplies in goods they may not want, goods that cannot help player to grow or goods that cannot get quest completed
I doubt whether game developer has run the game itself and knowing "how player use market"
next year..new wholemarket will re-introduced, this new market will more likely comply with "how current player use current market"
if game developer does has some 1 knowing "how player use market", release correct type of "wholesale market"
this new wholesale market should already be introduced and accept by player without delay to next year
game developer is only getting commented on the increment of price after a trade

Elderflower

It does seem a bit unfair that those of us who were able to buy expansions with diamonds at the earlier rate now have an advantage over players who no longer have that option. Unless they remove our expansions :confused:

DeletedUser1681

It does seem a bit unfair that those of us who were able to buy expansions with diamonds at the earlier rate now have an advantage over players who no longer have that option. Unless they remove our expansions :confused:
Hmmmm, nope. If you pay the asking price and buy what's on offer then you don't get unfair advantage over someone who didn't buy or didn't have the chance to buy. You just used the option that was there at the time. As I said before premium always upsets balance, I'm sure some rich player just shrugs and zings his/her credit card anyway while I myself can't justify the purchase anymore.
Now, if this was something that you could have achieved without "real life money"... Maybe something like that (removing acchieved things in the name of balance and fairness) has been done somewhere, sometime... I'm sure that people who lost things were up in arms.

Anyway, I'm trying to put this behind me. They have a new pricing policy (fair or not) and hopefully I've learned my lesson: never buy premium currency in advance, only when you really are ready to use it.

DeletedUser1767

[QUOTE="Heffernan, post: 41369, member: 1681"=It's just that they started at version 0.xx and then after every update the game went upwards until v. 1.xx was reached. It's quite playable game I admit but all the design flaws seem to point that it still should be at v. 0.xx or something."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree... I've had this suspicion for a while now that the biggest problem with this game, from which most of the others follow, is that they sent it to live servers at least two years too early.

DeletedUser651

Hmmmm, nope. If you pay the asking price and buy what's on offer then you don't get unfair advantage over someone who didn't buy or didn't have the chance to buy. You just used the option that was there at the time.

It isn't that any of the people who bought something are at an unfair advantage, it is that the new people buying stuff now are at an unfair disadvantage. They can pay pay pay and never have a chance. But hey, who cares about paying customers.

SoggyShorts

you don't get unfair advantage over someone who didn't buy or didn't have the chance to buy.
I think you are mistaking unfairness with blame.
If I buy a golf club for $1,000 and the next day you go to buy it and they only have crappier clubs for double the price, that's unfair. It's not my fault, and it's not yours either, but I will have an unfair advantage over you if we play together.

DeletedUser651

If they wanted to be smart about balancing the imbalance that releasing all those expansions for sale did, they could have simply added more expansions to the tech tree. They do sell stuff right? Don't people need space to put those things they buy? Raising the prices? um...Ok. But they haven't heard of elasticity?

DeletedUser1681

Would you mind to explain this a little closer? All I see are little icons at the bottom. What do they tell me? :confused:
You can click them for easy navigation in the tech tree. Also, if you have a new, unresearched technology, it should give you a notification that there is something to see in an earlier chapter, making you aware that you have not yet researched everything.
Now that 1.17 is in live servers I must say that I'm a little bit confused. The icons are there, and there's a little arrow below them pointing to chapter I when I open the research, but I have unreserched things in chapter V and no notification of any kind there.

DeletedUser118

Heymrdiedier

Now that i can use the sorceress on the live server, i can tell you this unit has been overnerfed.

Range being nerfed by 1
Debuff being nerfed, from 2 turns lasting to 1 turn.
damage multipicator begin nerfed, getting -90% damage is now almost impossible so they die too quickly.

1 of those nerfs would have been sufficient to get the balance, but all 3 of them are just overkill.
The sorceress is now comletly useless unit, the damage and hp is too low to do anything with it, and with shorter debuff/range its not even usable as support unit anymore. I was very glad to finally see the debuff lasting 2 turns, too bad it only lasted 4 weeks.

Am i only one who thinks its overnerfed?

Dony

King of Bugs
Now that i can use the sorceress on the live server, i can tell you this unit has been overnerfed.

Range being nerfed by 1
Debuff being nerfed, from 2 turns lasting to 1 turn.
damage multipicator begin nerfed, getting -90% damage is now almost impossible so they die too quickly.

1 of those nerfs would have been sufficient to get the balance, but all 3 of them are just overkill.
The sorceress is now comletly useless unit, the damage and hp is too low to do anything with it, and with shorter debuff/range its not even usable as support unit anymore. I was very glad to finally see the debuff lasting 2 turns, too bad it only lasted 4 weeks.

Am i only one who thinks its overnerfed?
I disagree.
1. What was the point to have 15 different units on our side when we use sorc in every composition? Now they are on par with other units.
Range nerf was inevitable and proposed on battle redesign thread and i am happy with that, you cant just look on your own units, you also facing enchantress which were most OP unit.
2. They are still good in certain situations, and thats what whole redesign is about.
3. debuff last 2 rounds, if not there is some bug involved somewhere
4. there is no-brainer strategy involved with OP units, you just take it all the time

I like this change and i hope it stays this way, it just fit together with whole system much better.