• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

DeletedUser1677

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedback. Just to let you know: We're already working on making adjustments to the Wholesaler, based on your feedback. More about that will follow very shortly, when we have all specific information available for you :)

Hope it´s gonna be big adjustments. Like adjusting it to what it was before, or something very similar

Marindor

You will hear more about that when we have the information available. For now, just let it rest a bit since we won't be able to do/change anything during the weekends anyway :)

DeletedUser1721

Hope it´s gonna be big adjustments. Like adjusting it to what it was before, or something very similar
This. I don't mind adjusting the way it was before such that 500 t1 goods starts out at 200k, then goes up each time you buy it. That, I can understand, and it solves the problem the devs say they are trying to solve, which is apparently people rely on buying from the wholesaler instead of training? Odd that they'd do that.

But starting quantities of goods from the wholesaler at small amounts and then gradually increasing the price at small quantities isn't fair to the people who've been trying to trade for a good and failing. My beta account can buy ten of a good at a time. The most recent time I've gotten stuck in research and had to buy from teh wholesaler to continue, I needed 400 scrolls. Price increasing with every purchase of ten goods is.... erm. Extreme price to get all 400 scrolls. And what if that happens on my main account, where the research takes 5000+ of a good, rather than my baby human account which hasn't unlocked human ancient wonders yet? That's an even more extreme increase in price to get goods that I have no way of trading for, if no one will accept my trades.

At one point in time my fellowship was highly short on elixirs and I basically had to buy elixirs constantly from teh wholesaler and trade them to the rest of the fellowship because I had surplus coins and with surplus coins I could produce more elixirs for the entire fellowship than our elixir players could. We've since recruited people and expanded our cities so that's no longer an issue, but what if it happens again? Granted that was before the player move, and none of us were in active neighborhoods, so trading with neighbors was not an option at the time, but with most of my new neighbors posting cross tier trades, I at least don't have much of an improved trading group.

DeletedUser1657

Every player, except one, wants the wholesaler back the way it was.
I don't want the old wholesaler back, but I don't want the new one in its current form either. The old one and the trader are lacklustre. Its a level 1 building that sits there and the trades also just sit there. The only change in the wholesaler is unlocking the next tier of boosts.

The current one....well there are plenty of posts explaining the concerns/issues with it.

My thoughts:
  • I don't mind the rotation of offers every 24hrs but it looks like the same style offers which comes back to issues in the old wholesaler. There is no flexibility in offers.
  • As has been said if I want 20 of something too bad, I can only get 100 (if I am lucky enough to get the good I want). Having the offers based on unit price would help with this and then only kick the inflation in after fixed qty's say 20,100,500,1000, etc.
  • Then the inflation seriously needs to be addressed, increasing prices are one thing and yes many have said we want a sink to pour excess money into (note sink, not a toilet) but the inflation to me is excessive and when it is excessive people prefer to stop altogether.
  • Limited in options, you can only get X if you have Y to bad if all you have is Z. Adding some variety to the trader with upgrades to increase/improve offers could create a really interesting aspect and allow the system to scale throughout the eras. As well as keeping this building from getting "tired" compared to other buildings.
I can understand the desire to encourage more trading and I don't see any player complaining on a change that will encourage trading, the concerns expressed are that this will not encourage trading and closes options for reasonably dumping excess coins.

Buttrflwr

For now, just let it rest a bit since we won't be able to do/change anything during the weekends anyway :)

I don't have much choice to do anything BUT let it rest, my city that is. As the elixir you forced down my chapter 1 throat is still sitting in the trader, waiting on someone to take it so I can can continue playing. 'Cept NOW I can buy DUST for 400 supplies! Yay, 'cept I still need those planks, about 140 of them to upgrade 2 marble factories. Oh look, I can still pay 15,200 for 38. *looks at coins in MH I just upgraded* That would be a big NOPE. :p Ok, Marindor, I will stop now, as you guys have apparently heard us, and I hope you really do get it. *wanders off to see if the paint is dry*

PS, weekends are probably the main time I can play now that I have a new job. ;) :D

DeletedUser651

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedback. Just to let you know: We're already working on making adjustments to the Wholesaler, based on your feedback.

It would help a lot if you told us the real reason why you nerfed it in the first place. The official story doesn't make any sense. We all know the reason the trader isn't used more is because there aren't that many people playing the game. Everyone uses the trader when they can. Plus, many people have asked to see more than 9 pages in the notifications tab and that would help a bunch with player interaction, but that hasn't happened.

And if there is a case where some people choose not to have factories and buy their goods instead...so what? That seems like an interesting choice. We don't all have to play the same.

So what are you really trying to accomplish? Tell us and maybe we can give you some good feedback.

PS...my trader won't work either. It won't open and the whole game gets restarted when I try.

SoggyShorts

yes many have said we want a sink to pour excess money into (note sink, not a toilet)
HA!
It would help a lot if you told us the real reason why you nerfed it in the first place.
I don't think a nerf was the intention. The old wholesaler was boring, and a dynamic one would be an improvement, if done correctly.

One of the issues the Devs face is not having normal accounts at each stage of the game to test with in alpha. (or if they do, they certainly don't have hundreds like we do)

In theory that's why we are here, and it sounds like they are going to take our feedback into account this time, so I'm optimistic =)

Heymrdiedier

This. I don't mind adjusting the way it was before such that 500 t1 goods starts out at 200k, then goes up each time you buy it. That, I can understand, and it solves the problem the devs say they are trying to solve, which is apparently people rely on buying from the wholesaler instead of training? Odd that they'd do that.

I believe this is actually still the case, im in dwarven chapter and i can buy 340 tier 1 for 136k, wich is equal to 500/200k.
Now ive seen screenshots of people who can buy lower ammount then i can. So i assume people who are higher also can buy more, so 500/200k i think this is so in orc or woodelve chapter.

Ammount of wholesales good based on your chapter of course means low players can get less for their money, but maybe this was the whole point.

DeletedUser1095

In my oppinion, this is a step to prevent us from getting enough goods for negotiating. Its another way to stop us from going further on the map. This just sucks! o_O

If that were all it stopped me from doing, I might not mind. As it is, it stops me from collecting my houses/workshops (because it's not offering me anything sensible for my coins/tools), it's stopping me from aiding my guildmates and neighbours (same reason), it's stopping me from selling housing/workshops to make room for upgrades (they're uncollected AND I'll lose resources). It's trying to force me to acquire goods I already have in excess, and being forced to do things is a total turn-off in a browser game. It's the opposite of why people play.

Another of my long-term loyal guildmates has given up and quit over your string of lousy, game-ruining changes - this ridiculously horrid wholesaler was the last straw.

You're ruining the game.

DeletedUser118

This was something I already expected from the beginning, knowing it from other games of them, too.

DeletedUser118

Thanks for giving us back the old Wholesaler. For now I think its the best decision you could make. :)

As for upcomming changes, giving us the opportunity to choose again which way we wanna trade something is a good step. The only thing I'm a bit afraid of are the increasing prices. The way it did with the last one were definitely too high. After 3-4 times, it almost cost me half my coins. That should maybe be lowered a lil. Else I guess we will have to wait and see until its there.

But again I'm very happy that you reverted your decision.

DeletedUser1767

Thank you so much for giving us the old Wholesaler back! And thank you also for giving us the preview-in-progress of what to expect. :)

DeletedUser1789

THANK YOU so much for listening to us and for giving us the old wholesaler back ! ^^

DeletedUser724

Nice to see old wholesaler come back

I also aware it is implement in future with adjustment

Providing player can buy all non-boosted with either coins or supplies
it will good as this keep our original playing method:-
(a) dispose excess coins or supplies by buying non-boosted goods
(b) buy non-boosted goods with coins or supplies in case we need it for quests or tournment

I do not mind the amount of coins/supplies goes up with each trade < the raise-magnitue should be tested in future >

Please aware the amount of coins/supplies in new wholesaler market ( in future) should allow room to help junior (new, beginner ) player to avoid runaway

However, I am not satisify with that statement
  • The amount you can buy per purchase will still depend on your Main Hall's level.

I suppose the amount should also take into the consideration other factors...like Ancient Wonder ( Blooming Trade )

Can Inno take all their original design criteria /elements that affecting Wholesalers' property back when new Wholesaler market release in next year ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1677

Thank you for listening! :D
I'm happy with the wholesaler now. It gives me the posibility for using my coins and supplies, on goods I can use :D

And your new idea, in the post, seems to give me theese options too, so it's fine too :D