• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.17

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the release notes of our newest game version here. Today we bring you more content for our new Battle System as well as the first balancing changes due to player's feedback. We also improved the Trader to make it more dynamic in the offers it shows!

Please let us know what you think of our new game version here!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

DeletedUser1777

I like, what I've seen so far!

Do you know when an explanation of the new tooltip for units will be available in Wiki? ,
It is still not self explaining for me and I've hoped to find the pentagram ingame too (didn't found it yet).

DeletedUser283

it will need some intensive testing, just like the previous one ;)
one remark : you guys should not push a hotfix and an update on the same day, everybody having touched development, testing and bug finding knows that this is like grabbing the can-opener everytime a can of whoop-a** is in sight ;) *

*i. e. "it is just another way to actively look for trouble"

Deleted User - 60107

Wholesaler.png
...Is this a joke? No? Good job making the Wholesaler almost useless.

Also this:
(NPC) Cannoneer: stronger vs. Light Ranged
Really? Light Melee and Light Ranged are the ONLY types of units we have during Chapter I and most of Chapter II (the first Heavy Melee unit is at the end of Chapter II). Cannoners were already difficult to deal with, and now you are making it even harder? Did you guys at least decrease the number of Cannoneers we encounter during the first 4 rings?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1548

This new units information would be better if the background in the units' portraits would have a colour of their 'class'. Now it's still not useful enough as I need to check and remember what kind of units I am facing. They look pretty nice, though. :)

Army icons are more like they were at the beginning. I can't follow why you are changing them over and over but of course now they are better then previously. ;)

New Trader is completely unintuitive for me...

The bonuses from abilities are no longer summed up, but rather multiplied - this resolves problems where the attributes can add up to 100% or more, making it impossible to finish battles, and makes for quicker battles in general
Could it be explained a bit more?

I see Training Grounds got the upgrade but Wiki still doesn't say anything about it nor Wood Elves. Do you plan to update it in 'near future'? ;)

DeletedUser1681

View attachment 1535
...Is this a joke? No? Good job making the Wholesaler almost useless.
Oh, I hate this one - "dynamic" wholesaler. The original idea being able to use some overflow of coins for example and turn them into resources you need. If someone used the option in a way you didn't like is this the way to fix the problem ? Making it practically useless for everyone most of the time. You can get stuff you don't need "get yours now - only for limited time". Bah :mad: now I'm really upset.

lika1961

01.jpg

I AM SO SICK OF THIS!!!!!

How many times are you still going to mess around with things that work perfectly? The new wholesaler setup is ridiculous! Who says I want to use coins to buy marble and goods to buy steel? Who could possibly think that this should be controlled? And then call it "dynamic"!!! And in the middle of tournament when we need to buy goods?

We have put up with a lot of crap in the last while in the interest of "improving the game". THIS DOES NOT IMPROVE MY GAME IN ANY WAY!!!

Are you now actively trying to get rid of players? It certainly looks like it. Stop messing around with us!!!!

DeletedUser1767

My city is in Chapter II, and I'm only just unlocking Tier II goods. I had too many supplies, so I went to the wholesaler, and the only thing I can do with my excess supplies is buy Elixir, which I do not even unlock until the next chapter and have absolutely no need for. If you have to change up the way the Wholesaler works, can you at least make it so that we might actually need the things we're able to buy?

I liked the old way. The old way was great. But if you really want to do it this way, there should be more than one deal per good so that people have a fighting chance to get something they actually need, and you need to take into account that people at different levels need different goods and have different resources with which to pay for them, which the current system doesn't do at all. And if you insist on doing it this way, then you need to give us other things we can do with our excess coins and supplies.

DeletedUser1548

Lissona

Regarding wholesaler: when looking at the two screenshots and my own wholesaler I would guess it changes every day which ressources you can buy for coins or supplies or goods. So with todays update it got more expensive and you have to look on a daily basis if the offers fit your needs. If that's the case I don't see a big problem here...

DeletedUser1767

Regarding wholesaler: when looking at the two screenshots and my own wholesaler I would guess it changes every day which ressources you can buy for coins or supplies or goods. So with todays update it got more expensive and you have to look on a daily basis if the offers fit your needs. If that's the case I don't see a big problem here...
It's a problem because when your coins and supplies are at max, you need to offload them immediately, not wait for the next day in case the offers are more to your liking. With the new system, you have two choices: take whatever offer is there, whether you want it or not, or come away empty-handed. What's the problem with the latter? Well... setting aside issues of new cities or cities with few trading partners... NH, for one thing. If my coins and supplies are maxed out, then NH does not benefit me at all, and I have no reason whatsoever to take the time to help any other cities. I would say that that is a problem.

DeletedUser118

I do see a problem too, cuz what should I do with my coins till tomorrow if I cannot buy the goods I need for them today? I cannot just wait cuz then I'd have to spend them either on goods I don't want or buy KP, which gets pretty expensive after a while.

Seriously, whoever came up with this idea needs a whack onto the back of his head. This change is really ridiculous. Please STOP fooling around with things that work perfectly fine. Haven't you learned ANYTHING from the disaster with the hands from the previous update? o_O

Tooltips in the Unit Information Screens have been adjusted to be clearer

Well, yes but the tooltip of the Treant still shows a text which is way too long for the small window. Shouldn't this been fixed too while you're already at it?

It is now a lot easier to see if and where you have missing unlocked technologies in the Research Tree, and we added easier scrolling through this menu as well

Would you mind to explain this a little closer? All I see are little icons at the bottom. What do they tell me? :confused:

Heymrdiedier

sure
in last update when your unit had bonus +50% and enemy unit had 20% increased damage taken, your overall damage was 50+20=70% = 70% increase from your base damage
now its (base damage)*150%*120% = 180% = 80% increase from your base damage
does this also mean, mage has 50 damage reduction to heavy ranged, and does a debuf of another 50% damage reduction,

so the debuffed heavy ranged now has 150 *150 = 225 so 125% less damage? this doesnt sound right?

Heymrdiedier

about the wholesalesman, they allready spoiled in the 1.16 that they were gonna change it, so dont be surprised, they kinda warned us.

now who ever tought that the change was gonna be a good thing for us, he was just a bit naïve :)

I for one saw the warning in last patch notes, and therefor stopped leveling the blooming trader guild, since it doesnt do much anymore :)

DeletedUser1767

about the wholesalesman, they allready spoiled in the 1.16 that they were gonna change it, so dont be surprised, they kinda warned us.

now who ever tought that the change was gonna be a good thing for us, he was just a bit naïve :)

I for one saw the warning in last patch notes, and therefor stopped leveling the blooming trader guild, since it doesnt do much anymore :)
Sure, they spoiled that they were making changes, but there were a number of ways they could have made changes that would have hurt us but still made some sense. They could have kept the old system, but made each purchase of a good increase the prices: that would have been tough, especially if the increments were steep, but still a reasonable system. They could have kept the old system with the starting prices set differently each day, so that some days e.g. marble would have been expensive but e.g. steel would have been cheap, and also had the escalating prices: that would have been tough, but actually kinda interesting. Instead they just made the Wholesaler a mess.