• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 0.16

DeletedUser

@veminc I think it is a good decision to turn your back to a game what you don't like to spend time with.
I don´t imagine such a player as You are Sorella...why those frustrating posts?
It makes me kind of sorrow. You are well known, readend, I learned.

DeletedUser205

I just wanted to encourage @veminc to better leave in own peace than give such power into pressing with a ridiculous leavingdeadline if not happened what he/she wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1095

Only Thing Inno can do is move all active Players closer together and place new ones around us. They will still Profit from that. But they can't move us because every place on the map would have other provinces and this would Change your gained relics.

There are thousands of locations on the map with the same "boosted goods triangles" as your/my/anyone's current location. And if they can't move us to one of those, they can sever the ties between the map and our boosts, since it causes way too many problems.

Placing the remaining players closer together won't really work. They would loose their areas which they discovered through alot of fighting or negotiating. I doubt anybody would want that.

I would, if it gave me a reasonable number of active neighbours (especially if they understand how the aid system works, and how trading works, and how the message system works). Why would you object to suddenly having a lot of very inexpensive and easy-to-conquer sectors around you instead of a desolate wasteland that you can't crawl out of? Seems like re-conquering them would give you something to do, no?

Or they could give us a "welcome to the new neighbourhood" gift by having (for example) half the area we'd discovered in the old 'hood be already discovered in the new hood.

DeletedUser778

The map is repeatetive and there are only 9 different types of citys (if i remember correctly) so where would be the problem to move the active players closer to the center of the map keeping their boosts and disovered provinces/relics when it all repeats itself. Just put a"type 1" player to an empty "type 1" city closer to the center and so on. The worldmap around that city wouldn't change, execpt for other neighbours.

DeletedUser205

a) as I saw while watching tradingmates, there are more than 9 possible citys. because the mixture of boosted goods seems to be 3x3x3 = 27 different possible mixtures:
not everyone, who has marmor as boosted good in tier1 has crystals and elixier in tier2+3.

b) to be moved to another place can't mean, that you get new ring1 provinces to discover to those you discovered before.
That would mess up the whole balance I think, wouldn't it?

these 2 points are the reason, why I didn't support those movingideas.

IMHO not moving is a way out of the stillbirth neighborhood-mechanics
but a change in all that amalgamated consequences that were build into the neighborhoodthing.

those lead to to much restrictions which accumulate those problems which make the game unpleasant and boring for all those unfortunate players which weren't lucky enough to be placed into active neighborhood (a majority, isn't it?)

devs should think about tradingconnections independently from neighborhood
and although visiting and helping should be overthought how it can be opened (perhaps for advanced players?)
there must soon come a possibility to get into contact with other players via own work, not only because of given more or less surprising connections from gamedesigners (and that should not be automatically a guildsystem!)

I'm not shure, but as I understand @Katwijk 's ingenious movingsystem, there will not everyone's discovered provinces all be moved?
(And b.t.w. I don't believe, that those devs here are involved will bring that system to live)

DeletedUser

The map is repeatetive and there are only 9 different types of citys (if i remember correctly) so where would be the problem to move the active players closer to the center of the map keeping their boosts and disovered provinces/relics when it all repeats itself. Just put a"type 1" player to an empty "type 1" city closer to the center and so on. The worldmap around that city wouldn't change, execpt for other neighbours.

Exactly this I was thinking about, when I posted THIS idea months ago, believing just after my first post, there should exist a way to do it. I'm assuming, devs tried to develop somewhat in that direction but finally realised they can't handle complexity and came up with their silly 'solution' of the inactivity problem.

This said by a player, who some time ago came to the conclusion, devs can't handle most other problems, decided just to finish existing challenges, and is quitting today.

DeletedUser778

a) as I saw while watching tradingmates, there are more than 9 possible citys. because the mixture of boosted goods seems to be 3x3x3 = 27 different possible mixtures:
not everyone, who has marmor as boosted good in tier1 has crystals and elixier in tier2+3.
27 (3x3x3) is not possible since you can't get (marble/marble/marble), (marble/planks/steel), (marble/planks/scrolls) and so on as boosted goods.
You only can have 1 out of 3, three times so 3x3 = 9
If you don't belive it you can check out Odvars graphic and compare it with your worldmap.
The relics do indeed tessellate on the world map however the grid is not 9x9 it is 3x9. You can see this better if you keep the grid in a hex pattern like I have shown below. This minor detain does not negate your conclusions though. Furthermore there are nine types of city as is shown to the right. You can also see that each good is equally represented in each of these city types.

ElvenarTemp_9.jpg

DeletedUser205

I belive, that sounds belivable :)
but I think you mean there are 3x3 different possibilities for someone who starts with marble
what I mean: there are 3 different starters (marble or planks or steel) with respectively 3x3 different possibilities
and that is 3x3x3

but that anyway doesn't change my opinion because of point b I mentioned.
Perhaps you found something to mark point b as wrong too?
Than I would overthink my whole opinion about citymoving

DeletedUser778

I would just like to be moved with all other active players to the center. To my type of city, so no new ring one provinces and stuff.
Since the map looks exactly the same around my city when i get moved to another city of my type. For me (the player) the map looks exactly the same with all discovered provinces where they should be etc. Only the neighbours would change from the players point of view.

DeletedUser205

and the neighbors there are active in the moment of changing and nobody knows what they decide to do tomorrow.
I just read, methusu thinks about quitting today - a very active player!

as long, as neighborhoodthing is sticking to permanent change of mind of players, I can see no future

DeletedUser594

Hi, had a look at my map and found 41 "active" cities ( by active I mean players do play on and off, more off than on)
95 have been removed and 2 are inactive ( the inactive players have removed buildings ).
Of those 41 actives I guess about 10 are actually playing in earnest ;)