• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 0.16

DeletedUser338

Just did a few battles. Dang, that makes a difference! I lose a lot less troops now. Love it.

DeletedUser

Woah!!! Looks like a lot of improvement fixes in one update ... atleast on paper ...Need to check it how its in practical use ... but all in all a big step forward with this update ...

Elderflower

That's really interesting news about the inactive players. It should make a big difference to the neighbourhoods. 30 days seems a reasonable length of time. Will you be emailing players to warn them their account is about to be closed and if someone does have to be away from the game for 30 days (illness/travel) will they be able to tell you first so you don't close their account?

DeletedUser1095

I don't understand what's being done with inactives - my neighbourhood still seems to be full of the same ghost towns as before the update. When will they be cleared out? And who will they be replaced by - existing active players who are somewhat advanced and at least somewhat committed to the game, or completely new players?

DeletedUser

Hmm, it is said, that inactives are removed, but not a single further word about it?? There are 20000+ inactive cities at the moment.......

Elderflower

I don't understand what's being done with inactives - my neighbourhood still seems to be full of the same ghost towns as before the update. When will they be cleared out? And who will they be replaced by - existing active players who are somewhat advanced and at least somewhat committed to the game, or completely new players?
They say that this will be from now on so I guess it means that all inactive players have got 30 more days until they are removed.

DeletedUser118

Will they be replaced or will the place stay empty? I can imagine that there will be quite a few empty areas left very soon.

Also if inactive players disappear, alot of neighborly help will be unnecessary and so they coins for it will be gone too.

DeletedUser1095

The inactive accounts will be deleted over time, not all at once. Also, just logging in (even without performing any other actions) resets the timer.

That's disappointing x2. Especially because all the ghost towns just lead to more people giving up.

But when some of them finally do get evicted, who will they be replaced by - existing active players who are somewhat advanced and at least somewhat committed to the game, or completely new players?

DeletedUser754

Is there a possibility to go on vacationmodes? The holidays can be sooner than we think :D

DeletedUser

The spots of deleted players will be spots where new or returning players are placed.

There was so much said about replacing inactives with new players so far. There is no hint, that there will be a difference on moving cities from how it was performed a few months ago. So players seeking desperately for more active neighbors won't have a reasonable advantage, but players already placed at the edge of the map are sacrificed again :(:(:mad:

DeletedUser1095

The spots of deleted players will be spots where new or returning players are placed.

Thanks for the information, even though it's Disappointment x3. Moving existing active players closer would be a lot more helpful. There's no reason to imagine newcomers won't go inactive just as fast as the ghost towns they're replacing, and meanwhile the struggle for scarce higher-level goods won't be eased at all.

DeletedUser778

After some fights the first impression of the new damage calculation is good. :)
I didn't fought with treants so far, so i couldn't check if they daze now correctly, but it looks like the enemy ability is now bugged.(Enemy treants dazed my archers and then my archers were attacked by enemy arches and there was a -20% shown)

DeletedUser

Hey, this is very interesting. Looks like a nice update. Finally, elves have 5 units for combat ;)

Muf-Muf please tell, what do you mean with:

So is it possible to return to the game after the 30 days?

That would be great! There are enough reasons to take a break from online gaming, while one still might want to come back again.

Thanks for the information, even though it's Disappointment x3. Moving existing active players closer would be a lot more helpful. There's no reason to imagine newcomers won't go inactive just as fast as the ghost towns they're replacing, and meanwhile the struggle for scarce higher-level goods won't be eased at all.

I feel like this was the best way to solve it. It will take some time to fill up the spaces again, but we are only at the early beginning of this game.
And would you want active players to move away from your neighbourhood? That would end up in deserted areas.
As in every browsergame there are regular and ocassional players, so deleting inactive towns will hopefully result in balanced neighbourhoods.

DeletedUser

Not sure why you're disappointed, to be honest.

Closer to whom? If I look at my neighbourhood, I'd be a lot happier with new players who are enthusiastically helping out, than with the abundance of deserted villages that I can see now. Yes, even if they're just starting. And if they're returning players: they might even be at our/your own level already.

Don't forget either that they'll be surrounded by active players now (since the inactive ones have gone) and they might progress a lot faster than we've done so far, so they'll catch up soon enough.

I think this is a great step forward! Thanks :)

Edit: and I'm really happy with the balancing of the battles too!