• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Discussion] Behind the Scenes: Battle Redesign

Heymrdiedier

We need to know...can we delete our orc stuff when we are done with the tech tree, or will the tech tree be added to requiring orc stuff?
i think we can delete it, since the innotv episode showed the new race allready, and there was no orc unit in the research tree, i think they will add it a lot later. And if it is a lot later, I think they will be smart enough not to add a research that requires orc goods, when half of the players are allready busy collecting the next race goods. If they wouldnt, they would get a lot of protest :)

Of course a moderators confirmation would help a lot :)

DeletedUser1345

I am not so sure about the orc research. I have asked this question three times myself, starting two weeks ago. Afterwards there were posts from a Mod answering questions from other players, twice, while that question was not one of them. If the answer was as simple as the question, I am thinking it would have been responded to by now.
Remember, we are supposed to be stuck on this chapter for months. There are penalties for not going at the right pace. Scouting too far before the orc chapter had to be stopped, so orcs became necessary. I am expecting that those of us with scouting times around three days will see much harder fights than we have ever seen, and higher negotiating costs. We were told, after all, that the difficulty of the provinces was determined by the length of the scouting times.
Most of the players that get through the chapter quickly, do so by spending diamonds. So they will spend more, that's all. I am not interested in the new orc wonders, so I have the stuff for the research, which means the portal is full of loot and SOW. Now I wait. When the new research comes, I will be able to do it as soon as I fill the KP. Most of the orc buildings are gone. Some are left to build what I will eventually need.

Heymrdiedier

I am not interested in the new orc wonders, so I have the stuff for the research, which means the portal is full of loot and SOW. Now I wait. When the new research comes, I will be able to do it as soon as I fill the KP.

Even if you have no interest in them, you will have to research it anyway to get to the next chapter. So you will need the goods that are in the portal anyway.

DeletedUser1596

I still don't get why we must research everything without any choice. This is not a research tree, this is just a countdown for next race.

i think we can delete it, since the innotv episode showed the new race allready, and there was no orc unit in the research tree, i think they will add it a lot later. And if it is a lot later, I think they will be smart enough not to add a research that requires orc goods, when half of the players are allready busy collecting the next race goods. If they wouldnt, they would get a lot of protest :)

Of course a moderators confirmation would help a lot :)
You might not want to delete it just yet right now. ;)

DeletedUser651

...she said, without any context or further information. ;)

The context is you saying that we can't delete our portal and get rid of our orc farms and go back to building a city because we have to now sit here and hold it all until the day when something happens and we need to research more tech. The orcs have been the worst and ugliest chapter of all. This chapter is long and boring and it takes insane amounts of farms and portals to get through it. Once it is finally done, like swallowing bad medicine, people want to go back to playing.

Are you aware that people need a lot of space for the orc farms and portals? If you use the normal space that was used for fairies or dwarves, it would take forever to get all the shrooms of wisdom and loot needed. So many people have deleted half their cities to build this stuff. They are stuck in an orc nightmare. Not building anything, just grinding out the awful and disgusting orc dung and making psychoshrooms to give to goblins so they can control the orcs' minds. We want out of this.

Now you say we can't get out of this. We are stuck in it longer. That is simply awful. This whole chapter is awful. Our cities look horrible. Players are quitting because they see how ugly the cities get. Our fellowships are dead and the social aspect of this game has dried up because there is no game to play....make orc dung, come back in five hours, set a few farms, collect them in a couple of days. The only reason people are still here is because they have hope that something better might happen....eventually.

I play on the US server and while no one here particularly took me seriously about how distasteful the orc storyline is, many others in the US feel the same way I do. They are disgusted by this story. Believe me, don't believe me, it doesn't matter. It is a fact.

So, yeah, anything that keeps us in this chapter one second longer is awful.

Now excuse me while I try to get a few hours sleep because I have to be up super early in the morning for the tournament.

DeletedUser283

I understand that we need to keep the portal until a non-declinable quests someday asks us to finally get rid of it;
fine.
now what about farms and rally points ?
of course, we generally do most of the newer street stuff after all research has been completed and we can focus on producing different stuff, differently, so until we are good on that level, we will have to keep at least 3 farms and 1 rally point if I am not mistaken.

the question, and it would only be fair to answer us players about it - if only a "yes" or a "no" - is : "will there be an extension to the orcs chapter* research that would require us to keep more than this ?"

*something in the line of "never arriving awesome new units", for instance ... :p

DeletedUser1548

...she said, without any context or further information. ;)
Could you elaborate?
People were asking about new Orc techs with Orc goods requirements and your answers looks like kindergarden 'I know, I know but I won't tell!'... It won't be that funny if it turns out I have to rebuild Farms and Rally Point.
We have been speaking about communication recently... *sigh*

DeletedUser1596

@Bobbykitty: I wouldn't blame the orcs. I thing that the very concept of guest races and their special buildings and resources is getting irritating. With the dwarves it was something new, something special. Now it's just boring routine. And it will not get better with any other race.

The tournaments and the first event - that was a step forward. We (our alliance) liked it, we talked about it ... a lot. On the other hand, a new race is not something to look forward to. Messing up the city with pointless buildings and collecting temporary resources - not fun.

DeletedUser651

Urva, I really miss those days when both my fellowships were filled with chatter all day long and we couldn't wait to share with each other some new technique or something. We had 25 mini laboratories trying 25 different things before we found the best way forward. We were on all the time and constantly doing something in the game. You'd find 15 people chatting at once.

Now, it is a comment here and a comment there. Someone says hi....someone else says hi back 7 hours later. I can't even tell who has quit and who is still playing.

DeletedUser1075

I agree - the guest race concept has been done three times now. I'd love to see another idea. It's not that I'm opposed to expansions and building changes (yet), it's more that the storyline is now old and it would kinda be nice to hear something new.

Instead of a guest race, maybe it's about hosting something, or getting ready for an invasion, or "winter is coming" - I dunno, there have to be some good ideas for storylines that can then spawn something other than a re-tread of portals and a race to make dung. ;)

DeletedUser1548

there have to be some good ideas for storylines
Good luck with that. ;) Storylines here are written here for (by?) 3 year olds, I believe. The weakest link. Intention is to have it funny and absurd but it's just stupid... I may not be 'sense of humour matched', though so there is a possiblity something is wrong with me and dialogues are great... ;)

And about guest races - I fully agree.
When I think about removing all culture AGAIN to be able to put portal and farms AGAIN I do not feel very excited.

Event was nice but all rewards should be known from the beginning. Some people used their shards for other buildings than Glossy Garden and Father Tree and now they feel dissapointed.

I would be happy to see some Fellowship activities. It would make this game more social (and more competitive, maybe but that's just a side effect for me).
Instead of new guest races maybe some super techs, more costly but with something like passive abilities? It sounds even as something simplier to implement, maybe. You just need a nice idea.