• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

Lovec Krys

I dunno, one of the selling points they made was "Based on feedback that the MA wasn't useful enough" That doesn't leave much room to take it out of the MA.
I don't mean to separate it out of Magic Academy. I just want two separate queues: One for standard spells, one for crafting spell. Or replace the crafting spell with something different, so the whole crafting process can be processed on crafting tab without disruption of spell creation queue.
There would have to be something realy valuable to craft to make me stop creating magical manufacturing spell even for a second (on my main live city).

SoggyShorts

There would have to be something realy valuable to craft to make me stop creating magical manufacturing spell even for a second (on my main live city).
I'm not so sure... I mean the spell only takes 3 relics, so you basically lose 3/4 of one MM spell.
What does 75% of a single MM spell give you? An extra 6,000 gems?
Is 6,000 gems better than a rainbow flower cage that gives you 200 pop?
Your best pop building is(I think) fields of gold last event for 175 pop/sq, so these little flower cages that fit everywhere could be nice.

I haven't seen the whole list of prizes, but I think that potentially there are some that make using your MA for the occasional CC spell worth it.

Lovec Krys

I'm not so sure... I mean the spell only takes 3 relics, so you basically lose 3/4 of one MM spell.
What does 75% of a single MM spell give you? An extra 6,000 gems?
Is 6,000 gems better than a rainbow flower cage that gives you 200 pop?
Your best pop building is(I think) fields of gold last event for 175 pop/sq, so these little flower cages that fit everywhere could be nice.

I haven't seen the whole list of prizes, but I think that potentially there are some that make using your MA for the occasional CC spell worth it.
I would loose more than that. Don't forget that this spell takes time to create as well.
I didn't count how much gems one spell gives me, but it's deffinately more than just 6000.
I don't think that I will ever craft a Rainbow Flower Cage in my main city, for it to make any difference I would have to craft enough of them and that would mean to give up of several tournaments at least. And then replace those building in next chapter anyway. So no chance for that to happen in my main city. If I need extra pop I see better way to increase levels of my pop giving wonders.

edeba

A spell to polish any AW would have been interesting, for example, double the effect of the AW for a period of time, say varying for a day to a week depending on what you craft.

Dony

King of Bugs
A spell to polish any AW would have been interesting, for example, double the effect of the AW for a period of time, say varying for a day to a week depending on what you craft.
this is already done by using time boosters on AWs in mobile app which will come to browser version some day

SoggyShorts

I don't think that I will ever craft a Rainbow Flower Cage in my main city, for it to make any difference I would have to craft enough of them and that would mean to give up of several tournaments at least.
168h in a week means you are making 21 MM spells per week. You could make 28 CC spells instead.
I don't know how much you rely on catering in the tournament, but even if it is 100%, those MM spells aren't doing as much as you think.
21 spells per week isn't even 50% uptime on your factories, and they only increase production by 50%.
I don't think they are responsible for more than 25% of your tournament, far less if you are using troops at all.

I'm not actually recommending cooking CC spells 24/7 instead of MM, but if you cook a handful of CC it won't cost you more than 2-3% of your tournament progress that week.
And then replace those building in next chapter anyway
At 200 pop per square for your halfing city they are already better than a chapter 13 residence, so you won't need to replace them until chapter 14, and even then 1x1 buildings always find a home.

DeletedUser1163

@Muf-Muf Can you please explain to me why my Magic Academy is frozen. I opened my Inventory, clicked on Disenchant, then I clicked on Crafting. I didn’t want to spend diamonds so I then clicked on Enchantments. I created a Catalyst spell which appeared in the Creation Process, all my spells came flying out of my Magic Academy, and now my Magic Academy is frozen.

All x’s appear in the Creation Process and the 1st spell shows I still have 17 hrs to finish creating this spell but it's not counting down. What do I need to do? Should I click on all those x’s and remove them from the Magic Academy?

Should I just delete that Catalyst spell then maybe my Magic Academy will unfreeze and let me start creating spells again, instead of crafting?

SoggyShorts

it is, because it make first half of the process pointless for you, you disenchant useless stuff to make useless stuff, why even bother with designing this part?
i agree mystical object are great i would rather nerf them then make whole crafting pointless or improve crafting so both parts are great
i think we had enough useless crap in game by now, no need to add another useless crap
I'm starting to feel this a bit now. With only having supply and coin instants as my options at the moment, the crafting is a little lackluster. The 8h timer makes it not such a big deal, but 48h of lame offers would be sad.

Maybe each slot should be a type of offer so that you always have a KP, building, coin/supply, other, other.
The relics one is really garbage- need a spell that costs 3 relics+time and spell fragments to get 5 relics? Terrible.
The random part is my least favorite aspect- reminds me of the event with random chests (I hated that part)

DeletedUser2590

The worst here is the time needed for creating catalyst. Not everyone has the MA on level 4 or 5... on level 2 time for creating CC is 19,5 h. And for some items you need 6 of them, so it's almost 5 days taken from MA only to create the catalysts for one item.
This feature could be great for top ranked players... They have a lot of items to disenchant and MA on proper level, but are the rewards valuable for them?

DeletedUser2194

The worst here is the time needed for creating catalyst.
I'm starting to feel this a bit now. With only having supply and coin instants as my options at the moment, the crafting is a little lackluster.
These complaints sort of cancel each other out, don't they? The days where you have nothing good are the rest days to crank out Catalysts. If there was good stuff every single day, you'd be force to spend diamonds or miss something great every day. This way, you can make catalysts and save up for good stuff.

Lovec Krys

168h in a week means you are making 21 MM spells per week. You could make 28 CC spells instead.
21MM covers 4 days of enchanting 5 T3. The rest is covered with MM from tourney itself.

I don't know how much you rely on catering in the tournament, but even if it is 100%, those MM spells aren't doing as much as you think.
21 spells per week isn't even 50% uptime on your factories, and they only increase production by 50%.
I don't think they are responsible for more than 25% of your tournament, far less if you are using troops at all.
That differ each tournament. Some tourneys i catter little, some heavily. It usualy depends on tournament hardness and need of tourney relics (for creating MM spells:)). In past it was also influenced by need to finish the 10th chest, but our fellowship has tourney stronger members now, so whether I do 2,5k or 4k points doesn't matter for achieving 10th chest.

I'm not actually recommending cooking CC spells 24/7 instead of MM, but if you cook a handful of CC it won't cost you more than 2-3% of your tournament progress that week.
At 200 pop per square for your halfing city they are already better than a chapter 13 residence, so you won't need to replace them until chapter 14, and even then 1x1 buildings always find a home.
I'm definitely not crafting 1x1 buildings, at least not now.
If I ever craft anything it will be either because something realy valuable appears, or I hit the end of tech tree and something there is valuable enough for me to craft and sacrifice some MM spell creation. I have over 100 in reserve, so if something enough valuable is there, I can afford to sacrifice some time.
But for now I still think it would be better if crafting process would be totaly spell independent.

Wowwie

@Muf-Muf Can you please explain to me why my Magic Academy is frozen. I opened my Inventory, clicked on Disenchant, then I clicked on Crafting. I didn’t want to spend diamonds so I then clicked on Enchantments. I created a Catalyst spell which appeared in the Creation Process, all my spells came flying out of my Magic Academy, and now my Magic Academy is frozen.

All x’s appear in the Creation Process and the 1st spell shows I still have 17 hrs to finish creating this spell but it's not counting down. What do I need to do? Should I click on all those x’s and remove them from the Magic Academy?

Should I just delete that Catalyst spell then maybe my Magic Academy will unfreeze and let me start creating spells again, instead of crafting?
Mine is frozen also

DeletedUser1163

I wish the forum moderators would log on and help us understand this new feature: crafting.

Richord

Craftstuff; increase benefits a lot more
Destruct stuff; always get fragments
----> make MA 6x5 with 2 buildings for appearance. than separate all craftstuff from spells in a different tab.
----> get 1 fragment for a player that visits you back. (like supplies)

NO diamonds for next recipes, make it cost a list of goods (depending on chapter, also T4&5), mana, coins, supplies. maybe even like a quest; that you've to start/collect certain amounts of stuff. I don't mind putting some effort in it, but I certainly won't use rare diamonds on a gamble!

Deleted User - 86059

As we always do @Richord we will pass along all feedback and we do appreciate all constructive feedback as it means we can pass it to the team :)

DeletedUser2591

QUOTE: Muf-Muf, post: 66138, member: 32" Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss anything related to Crafting!

We're very much looking forward to your feedback! :)

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Okay I must be too stupid to be here ...... This seems to be the only way I can reply ????

Crafting: Looks good, sure will be helpful IF!!!!!! the numbers are more favourable..... and you can use other items ie replaced buildings that no longer suit your needs.

Crafting is a brilliant idea in a Magical World who wouldn't like the idea.

Now I only have to wait 14.5hrs x 6 or more to actually give it a go..... OH DEAR thats a long time almost a week to get the stuff needed to do the mixing AND you can do nothing else with your Academy while you wait......