• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

Dony

King of Bugs
Have you SEEN the amount of Coin Instants they're giving out? My main city has 31 33% Coin Instants, I can AFFORD billions and billions of coins. I think coins would be too overpowered to be able to reset the timer. Unless the amount you needed grew each time you used them, like buying KP. It might start off as 600K to refresh it in a day, but would grow to hundreds of millions...
and what you get by spending bilions of coins? nothing more then to see 5 recipes, you still need plenty of other resources (which are much more valuable) to craft them
1 is really low, isn't it? After Dwarves, you'd be able to refresh it two hundred times every chapter. I agree it's a bit high now, but they could only scale it down to, say, 20. And then ascend in value each time you refresh, like the Premium Expansions.
he meant 1 free refresh per day (aka diamond free)

DeletedUser2194

and what you get by spending bilions of coins? nothing more then to see 5 recipes, you still need plenty of other resources (which are much more valuable) to craft them
There's only five recipes? Then why waste time on refreshing at all? My point being, coins should NOT be used to refresh. And I don't think one free refresh a day is going to go over so well.

CrazyWizard

you dont get anything by reseting it and with bad luck you can spend bilions and bilions of coins and still get 0 recipes you want/need
everywhere else in the game if you spend diamonds you get something, reseting timer doesnt give you anything, with the amount of recipes available and i am sure in the future more will come it will be harder and harder to properly use this feature

i personally dont like that feature which should be with us all the time is luck based, i am OK with that in time based features
i would even increase 5 recipes to 10 with different UI

With the numbers I see right now,

I have done some math and if you give me the coin reset option I can already tell you it would take me like 1 hour to fill up that box on a high lvl magic academy.

Dony

King of Bugs
With the numbers I see right now,

I have done some math and if you give me the coin reset option I can already tell you it would take me like 1 hour to fill up that box on a high lvl magic academy.
isnt that box supposed to be filled? why make another permanent feature in the game which nobody will want to use or it would be useless for majority
why dont make cool feature which everybody would want to use and spend time in game with it

CrazyWizard

isnt that box supposed to be filled? why make another permanent feature in the game which nobody will want to use or it would be useless for majority

Filled yes, but at a steady pace. It's a reward for hard work, not a reward for picking up.

But I have to redo the math, as I misunderstood part of the reward.

Dony

King of Bugs
Filled yes, but at a steady pace. It's a reward for hard work, not a reward for picking up.
i completly agree with that, with steady pace, but if luck is involved there could be weeks where you wont see 1 single good receipe
i think we can start to discuss what should steady pace to be

Lovec Krys

That'll change every day. Personally, I've got crap tons of MM spells built up, so I don't need anymore then I have. Crafting Broken Shards or KP or whatnot is much better then increasing the boost of one Good producing building for 24 hours.
Well, I don't, my T3 manufacturies runs now every day on spells - that's the only way for me to catch up with rising cattering costs in tournament with each mandatory squad size upgrade. That's why my Magic Academy is 100% used for MM spell.
And that's the reason why in my main city I won't use crafting, at least until something realy valuable appears there (like expansion or something like that).

Last edited:

DeletedUser2194

Well, I don't, my T3 manufacturies runs now every day on spells - that's the only way I have now to catch up with rising cattering costs in tournament with each mandatory squad size upgrade. That's why my Magic Academy is 100% used for MM spell.
And that's the reason why in my main city I won't use crafting, at least until something realy valuable appears there (like expansion or something like that).
That's because you only have two Level 3 Gem Manufactories. If you upgrade them to Level 15, you have room for another. http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/840b52dbc2354cad9dbb64777fda0ab7/ Not to mention, as you progress throughout the chapter they will get bigger and bigger and produce more. My two Gem Manufactories consistently had MM spells on 'em during tournies, but I always had 100+ excess. Give it time for them to build up.

CrazyWizard

i completly agree with that, with steady pace, but if luck is involved there could be weeks where you wont see 1 single good receipe
i think we can start to discuss what should steady pace to be
I think the first question is the rate at which you can pick up spell fragments.
As this determines how quickly you could open the box.

I think me and enough other people would not care nor wait for a good thing to make.
If I got enough spellfragments I would just make essentially anything to fil up that box. There aint much point in collecting millions of spellfragements and not using them.

If I would have the catalysts I would make this:
upload_2018-10-25_19-14-28.png
If I dont I would make this.
upload_2018-10-25_19-14-48.png
or this
upload_2018-10-25_19-15-52.png

Of course you would save enough fragments in case somthing good comes along. but all excess are there to throw it in there.
There would be little point not to do it.

Richord

@ThunderingJeff what am I talking about; jeez, read my post again, it's all ther:esmile:
diamond reset; agreed; shouldn't be with diamonds. diamonds are very costly and rare to get. spending them on a gamble is stupid.

CrazyWizard

Well, I don't, my T3 manufacturies runs now every day on spells - that's the only way for me to catch up with rising cattering costs in tournament with each mandatory squad size upgrade. That's why my Magic Academy is 100% used for MM spell.
At a certain point in game your production could be so high that if you would use those spells the people around you can simply no longer sustain your hunger to non boosted goods.

I myself are in that position with 8m goods produced each week without spells.
I could run the factories for months, but there is no way I could get rid of those goods
upload_2018-10-25_19-22-30.png
And the rate at which I collect these spells is currently only rising.
So I do understand why some would be willing to sacrifice some spells.
I myself could easily do with 1K less power of provision spells.

Deleted User - 60107

Oh, so you can have a recipe that costs no Catalyst? No such luck for me:
MA Recipes.png

Naturally, the two most expensive ones are the only ones that are not completely worthless.

CrazyWizard

Oh, so you can have a recipe that costs no Catalyst? No such luck for me:
View attachment 4826

Naturally, the two most expensive ones are the only ones that are not completely worthless.
I love those amounts of green S's you can get. for a few shards :D

Does anyone know how long those catalyst productions take at lvl 5?
edit: 6 hours thats 4 a day. not bad.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
6h
right now the timer is set to 8h only (for beta purpose or its a typo in announcement?)

Lovec Krys

That's because you only have two Level 3 Gem Manufactories. If you upgrade them to Level 15, you have room for another. http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/840b52dbc2354cad9dbb64777fda0ab7/ Not to mention, as you progress throughout the chapter they will get bigger and bigger and produce more. My two Gem Manufactories consistently had MM spells on 'em during tournies, but I always had 100+ excess. Give it time for them to build up.
Well, I was talking about my main city on live server, I have 5 T3 there (no space for more) and next upgrade awaits with new upcoming race (I'm finishing halfings and after that I'll get boost from Elvenar Trade Center, but that's more or less the end of the boosting and still 8 more mandatory squad size upgrades incoming). Here on beta I don't do tourneys too much, so I need less manufactories.

Dony

King of Bugs
I think the first question is the rate at which you can pick up spell fragments.
As this determines how quickly you could open the box.

I think me and enough other people would not care nor wait for a good thing to make.
If I got enough spellfragments I would just make essentially anything to fil up that box. There aint much point in collecting millions of spellfragements and not using them.

If I would have the catalysts I would make this:
If I dont I would make this. or this
Of course you would save enough fragments in case somthing good comes along. but all excess are there to throw it in there.
There would be little point not to do it.
the fact that you dont care about what you are crafting and your only goal is vision vapor to fill mystical object is a bad design
crafting recipes should be meaningfull

DeletedUser2194

Naturally. :)

@Richord Maybe, but it's so jumbled I can't find it. "it's too expansive to find 900 from an old building and get 15 relic in return. But it costs 3x craftspell (and making it 3x crafttime"

Expensive or expansive? Expensive refers to :coin:,:supply:, :elf:, or :diamond:. Expansive means space. You lose no space in this. You don't lose coins, supplies, pop or diamonds either. At least, you don't have to. 900 what? 15 relics in return? 3 craftspell?

Look, there are lots of recipes that you can get lots of benefits from. And they cost very little in return. I don't use Magic Academy routinely anyway, so this update is a small piece of heaven for me.

the fact that you dont care about what you are crafting and your only goal is vision vapor to fill mystical object is a bad design
Is it really? The Mystical Objects are great. Unless your Magic Academy has better things to do, of course. Personally, mine doesn't and I'm trying to choose the best route to Mystical Object, collecting Broken Shards and Instants and whatnot on the way.

Dony

King of Bugs
Is it really? The Mystical Objects are great. Unless your Magic Academy has better things to do, of course. Personally, mine doesn't and I'm trying to choose the best route to Mystical Object, collecting Broken Shards and Instants and whatnot on the way.
it is, because it make first half of the process pointless for you, you disenchant useless stuff to make useless stuff, why even bother with designing this part?
i agree mystical object are great i would rather nerf them then make whole crafting pointless or improve crafting so both parts are great

i think we had enough useless crap in game by now, no need to add another useless crap