• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

maxiqbert

I agree with shadowblack
I love the idea, but the costs are a bit off : the items to build need a good tweeking of the cost, and the magical S won't see a lot of use, beecause of the duration required to get there

Richord

nice, but i prefer a bugfree/well working/cheatfree etc game before new things like this, however interesting they seem to be.

Richord

OMG, just opened my MA and noticed how freakingly expansive relative useless things are.
I stick to use my spells for instant mana...!

DeletedUser2194

Lots of negativity on this thread. Personally, I LOVE Crafting. I've got WAY too many of all spells, it's nice that Magic Academy will be devoted to something else, and that I can use those excess spells for something. In my main world Sorcerer city, I've got 180 Ensorcelled Endowments I will likely never use, as I don't need Culture, not even a little.

Richord

@ThunderingJeff look at the costs of everything; it's just too expansive to get 900 from an old building and get 15relic in return. but it costs 3x craftspel (and making it + 3x crafttime. that's madness.
And as said; In new chapter most of us don't have space for anything that is super-useful, so we've a shortage of mana and we are very happy to use dozens of spells to get 10k mana per spell to open up researches, upgrade MH etc.
i've thousands in stock, but last chapter I used hundreds.

edeba

My first response is totally not interested. I thought, ok, maybe this is something I can do since I am so low on the relics for the spells that if I have the relics, I WILL NEVER CRAFT INSTEAD, and this thing wants the relics that I use for spells. So, done. But just looking at what you have to craft and how pathetic the prizes are for crafting, I am bewildered at the resources put to this and we still don't have our restoration spells. I did set up on beta to craft one of this things, but it is absolutely not happening on live and I suspect it will be the only one I craft as from what I can see it is fairly useless.

Lovec Krys

Why crafting isn't separated from spell creation?!!
I'm using my Magic Academy for Magical Manufacturing 100% of the time (on live, on beta I didn't built Magic Academy). Also I don't see anything worth crafting instead of creating Magical Manufacturing spell.

DeletedUser

Hope the Wiki will have some list soon of all the possible things we can craft. Really wondering if there will be something worth the effort. What I've seen so far ain't very inspiring to start crafting. :(

Heymrdiedier

Hope the Wiki will have some list soon of all the possible things we can craft. Really wondering if there will be something worth the effort. What I've seen so far ain't very inspiring to start crafting. :(
wouldnt count on that on an official wiki, since if it ever changed they would have to update the wiki all the time and thats too much effort ;)
expect a list on the fansites like jackluyts or elvengems

alainemk

I think it is a terrific idea and I am sure the new creation spells will hold and accumulate in inventory until a desired object appears. I used time booster (of which I have gathered quite a few thanks to the Halloween Event) to craft 4 Crafting Spells, disenchanted some Rain instants and got myself another Portal Profit spell. It worked beautifully and I am happy. :)

DeletedUser2316

I personally love the idea of finally getting some use out of the big list of inventory buildings and unfinished sets that are sitting uselessly. I think it could be also a good idea while waiting for restoration spell to be able to desenchant currently deployed buildings... That would make me even less attached to old buildings :) Maybe if you could get the desenchanted building as an option to build for 48h, it would be somewhat similar to restoration? :)

DeletedUser2316

2 agreed that 48h is long, not sure about the coins part, people would just keep resetting till they get the 1 item they want, which i think isnt intended. on the other hand 48h is probably there to give you enough time to get enough cataclist spells to craft your item.
Isn't it 8h? I think there is a lot of complains around 48h refresh, but as I read the message it says 8h...

Indianaking

I'm using my Magic Academy for Magical Manufacturing 100% of the time (on live, on beta I didn't built Magic Academy). Also I don't see anything worth crafting instead of creating Magical Manufacturing spell.

Crafting IS separated from spell creation:)

CrazyWizard

So far I like what I see.

If the live timer is intended to be 48h I would agree with the others it should be shorter, daily would be fine.
Also 1 diamond free reset a day would be awesome. I do not agree you should be able to spamm gold coins instead.
Innogames to needs to make a living, It's to easy to get access to an endless supply of gold coins so I dont see a reason to add that option.

The thing I dislike the most is the fact dat the catalyst spell looks odd, it's not in tune with the style of the other spells. either chang all spells or make sure the catalist doesnt fall out of place visually.

Lovec Krys

Crafting IS separated from spell creation:)
The whole process? So I can use crafting without disruption of my standard spell creation?
From description I assumed that at least some part of crafting is bound to the spell creation and I would have to stop creating standard spells to use it (I can't try it on Beta, I don't have Magic Academy here).

Dony

King of Bugs
I do not agree you should be able to spamm gold coins instead.
Innogames to needs to make a living, It's to easy to get access to an endless supply of gold coins so I dont see a reason to add that option.
you dont get anything by reseting it and with bad luck you can spend bilions and bilions of coins and still get 0 recipes you want/need
everywhere else in the game if you spend diamonds you get something, reseting timer doesnt give you anything, with the amount of recipes available and i am sure in the future more will come it will be harder and harder to properly use this feature

i personally dont like that feature which should be with us all the time is luck based, i am OK with that in time based features
i would even increase 5 recipes to 10 with different UI

Dony

King of Bugs
The whole process? So I can use crafting without disruption of my standard spell creation?
From description I assumed that at least some part of crafting is bound to the spell creation and I would have to stop creating standard spells to use it (I can't try it on Beta, I don't have Magic Academy here).
creating combining catalyst has same queue as other enchantments

DeletedUser2194

@ThunderingJeff look at the costs of everything; it's just too expansive to get 900 from an old building and get 15relic in return. but it costs 3x craftspel (and making it + 3x crafttime. that's madness.
What are you talking about? The Magic Academy doesn't change in size, and it can be a super useful building now. I have three cities including Beta, and ALL of them have excess spells I'll never use. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to do something with them. It would take me a LONG time to to use 210 Power or Provision spells, not to mention the fact that I get 8 or so from EVERY TOURNY. The Magic Academy got an awesome upgrade, I appreciate it.

you dont get anything by reseting it and with bad luck you can spend bilions and bilions of coins and still get 0 recipes you want/need

Have you SEEN the amount of Coin Instants they're giving out? My main city has 31 33% Coin Instants, I can AFFORD billions and billions of coins. I think coins would be too overpowered to be able to reset the timer. Unless the amount you needed grew each time you used them, like buying KP. It might start off as 600K to refresh it in a day, but would grow to hundreds of millions...

Also 1 diamond free reset a day would be awesome. I do not agree you should be able to spamm gold coins instead.
1 is really low, isn't it? After Dwarves, you'd be able to refresh it two hundred times every chapter. I agree it's a bit high now, but they could only scale it down to, say, 20. And then ascend in value each time you refresh, like the Premium Expansions.

That'll change every day. Personally, I've got crap tons of MM spells built up, so I don't need anymore then I have. Crafting Broken Shards or KP or whatnot is much better then increasing the boost of one Good producing building for 24 hours.