• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

DeletedUser2591

I think if figured it out. Every time you choose to craft something you get some of the green S. When you have 100 of those you can go for the Mystical Object

Sorry but I am still struggling with this ......

But I am here to have fun and thats what I am going to do with this.... I also not that you have better offers..... DO THESE CHANGE

DeletedUser2592

or Runes. Some people don't want to build specific wonders or they are already having way to much runes.
I'd say the rune/wonders belong to a completely separate mechanic, so they shouldn't go there (unlike all of the content of your spell inventory, which are all academy-related).

If you want to improve the use of "useless" runes/shards, my suggestion would be to allow runes and shards to be placed in your own wonders as "research points", rather than go to crafting (you wouldn't be able to use them on others, unlike the ancient knowledge scrolls).

But that's a separate discussion, I guess...

Angeduciel

Well well well, after 3 days I was finally able to craft something of interest and only because it was a small building not requiring too many catalysts. The time it take to produce catalyst is a major road block for small players. I can see my academy being busy full time on catalyst production and I don't want that!

I would think that the more advanced players won't even bother crafting because the objects we can craft are not very much interesting :/ (I am staying polite)

In conclusion, this new feature has lots of potential, but in its current stage, I am not thrilled at all. :(:confused:

edeba

Completely agree with this assessment.

So what could be done to give it potential use...

Let us pick the mystical object and the mystical object should have varying green s thing price. Trying for something with a lottery chance for getting it is an enormous turn off for me and it boggles the mind that someone would give up what they us the MA to gamble, especially when the odds for failure is so high. So, give us a choice of items and make it a certain price.

The combining catalyst interferes with current MA use in two way; it ties up the MA and it uses needed relics. Why not make the relic combination random with a timer to change it? On beta I have 7 kinds of relics with 1200 more than 4000 on live and this is using relics I am at zero on beta because I use more than I can get from the tourney. It would be nice to convert some of the excess relics to the spell fragment stuff.

We should be able to create the combining catalyst on the crafting page, so every 8 hours when things change, the relics used for the combining catalyst also change and it takes the first spot.

Well well well, after 3 days I was finally able to craft something of interest and only because it was a small building not requiring too many catalysts. The time it take to produce catalyst is a major road block for small players. I can see my academy being busy full time on catalyst production and I don't want that!

I would think that the more advanced players won't even bother crafting because the objects we can craft are not very much interesting :/ (I am staying polite)

In conclusion, this new feature has lots of potential, but in its current stage, I am not thrilled at all. :(:confused:

Deleted User - 63604

1. I think they should add all event buildings to the crafting list that we saw in the game until now. The crafting should be a feature with a woaah-effect, so the players are interesting in working for it and feel rewarded for doing it. Could also be added more and more with time.

2. Add a "Book of Crafting" into the game (a button right of Inventory at the bottom bar). With all the recipes possible. At first all the recipes are grey and are called "*Recipename* Unknown Recipe". Only the name is readable. When crafted an item first time from the random recipes, the recipe in the "Book of Crafting" becomes "*Recipename* Known Recipe"and is not grey anymore. One can see not only the name of recipe, but also what it is or the stats if its a building recipe. Also with crafted first time, the recipe gets an 1/3 at a corner of recipe. When the player can craft this recipe 3 times from the random recipes and a recipe gets 3/3 its called "Researched Recipe", then the player can craft that recipe anytime as much as he/she wants, without a need to wait for random recipes to appear. To craft the "Researched Recipe", the player need to spend the same ressources as with a random recipe. But the difference is, he/she can go straight for one recipe he/she likes. Also the Crafting gets more interesting, because we all know how much players like to collect things. 3rd price in big Events could also be a special recipe, that normaly would need to to be crafted 3 times to get it "researched" in the "Book of Crafting".

DeletedUser1163

I am here @Electra Firestorm and we are players like yourselves and we get the notifications the same as you and work them out from there. Is there a specific thing you are querying :)
Can you please explain to me why my Magic Academy is frozen. I opened my Inventory, clicked on Disenchant, then I clicked on Crafting. I didn’t want to spend diamonds so I then clicked on Enchantments. I created a Catalyst spell which appeared in the Creation Process, all my spells came flying out of my Magic Academy, and now my Magic Academy is frozen.

All x’s appear in the Creation Process and the 1st spell shows I still have 17 hrs to finish creating this spell but it's not counting down. What do I need to do? Should I click on all those x’s and remove them from the Magic Academy?

Should I just delete that Catalyst spell then maybe my Magic Academy will unfreeze and let me start creating spells again, instead of crafting?

SoggyShorts

Well, I'm starting to become a little disenchanted(ha! punny) with crafting. I haven't seen all possible prizes yet, but I already find myself checking to see if the rainbow cage is an option and then ignoring it for 8 hours.

I think the main problem is that we have multiple sources for the same stuff.
  • KP and spells we get loads of from the tournament and MA, so crafting those rarely (if ever)makes sense
  • Coin, supply, and timer instants are extremely plentiful each event., so crafting those rarely (if ever)makes sense
That leaves buildings.
Culture buildings could increase your coin and supply production, but how do you get them? Eventually, you'll nuke all of your old buildings and very rarely get more, especially if RR spell is ever implemented, then even old buildings may have potential.
So what then?
Disenchant a bunch of PoP or MM spells, or disenchant some coin rains or supply windfalls to get a culture building?
How long does that take to pay off? Probably never since you'll go up in chapters making those buildings obsolete whereas instants scale with your progress.

That leaves just the Rainbow Flower Cage.
As far as I can tell it is more efficient than a residence for about 2.5 chapters, so pretty good, but only available about 7% of the time I think.

Crafting needs to offer something different than what we get in the events and tournament, otherwise, it's just the same thing with extra steps.
Buildings are an awesome option, but we need more than just a small culture. If the balance is a concern, then offer expiring buildings.

DeletedUser2576

As far as I can tell it is more efficient than a residence for about 2.5 chapters, so pretty good, but only available about 7% of the time I think.
The unicorn that gives population is also fine.
Atm there are 71 different things you can craft but they have different chances to appear.

DeletedUser2378

The 8 hour timer doesn't work correctly in my town. It will only reset after I go in to the Magic Academy, then to the Crafting tab and then refresh my page. Otherwise, it won't update on its own.

On a side note, there is an offer there today to craft 1 knowledge point where it will cost you 270 Fragments and it takes 3 hours to make. Maybe increase the amount of knowledge points on this one to make it worth the Fragment cost. :)

DeletedUser2576

Rainbow unicorn is a possible prize? Nice.
Not everything has an equal chance? Are the rainbow cage/unicorn lower than average?
Yep all 4 Unicorns/Codex/Cages/Flames are winable prizes.

they have equal chances, it would be harder to add anything to the list in the future with set chances
There are 4 types of rarity. The Unicorns are rarity 3.

edeba

I wouldn't mind crafting more pieces of the last set buildings...

This kind of where I see value, you didn't get something you wanted, so you can work at getting it through crafting... But the whole giving up a lot to potentially get crap because of the odds thing really makes this of little interest. Having said that, I've tried this thing out enough so I am currently crafting a rainbow unicorn.

Well, I'm starting to become a little disenchanted(ha! punny) with crafting. I haven't seen all possible prizes yet, but I already find myself checking to see if the rainbow cage is an option and then ignoring it for 8 hours.

I think the main problem is that we have multiple sources for the same stuff.
  • KP and spells we get loads of from the tournament and MA, so crafting those rarely (if ever)makes sense
  • Coin, supply, and timer instants are extremely plentiful each event., so crafting those rarely (if ever)makes sense
That leaves buildings.
Culture buildings could increase your coin and supply production, but how do you get them? Eventually, you'll nuke all of your old buildings and very rarely get more, especially if RR spell is ever implemented, then even old buildings may have potential.
So what then?
Disenchant a bunch of PoP or MM spells, or disenchant some coin rains or supply windfalls to get a culture building?
How long does that take to pay off? Probably never since you'll go up in chapters making those buildings obsolete whereas instants scale with your progress.

Crafting needs to offer something different than what we get in the events and tournament, otherwise, it's just the same thing with extra steps.
Buildings are an awesome option, but we need more than just a small culture. If the balance is a concern, then offer expiring buildings.

DeletedUser2591

1. I think they should add all event buildings to the crafting list that we saw in the game until now. The crafting should be a feature with a woaah-effect, so the players are interesting in working for it and feel rewarded for doing it. Could also be added more and more with time.

2. Add a "Book of Crafting" into the game (a button right of Inventory at the bottom bar). With all the recipes possible. At first all the recipes are grey and are called "*Recipename* Unknown Recipe". Only the name is readable. When crafted an item first time from the random recipes, the recipe in the "Book of Crafting" becomes "*Recipename* Known Recipe"and is not grey anymore. One can see not only the name of recipe, but also what it is or the stats if its a building recipe. Also with crafted first time, the recipe gets an 1/3 at a corner of recipe. When the player can craft this recipe 3 times from the random recipes and a recipe gets 3/3 its called "Researched Recipe", then the player can craft that recipe anytime as much as he/she wants, without a need to wait for random recipes to appear.

SOUNDS COMPLICATED.... LIKE THE IDEA BOOK OF CRAFTING SPELLS.... NOTHING HIDDEN
LIKE THE OPTION OF KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, PROVIDED THAT THE UNKNOWN IS ONLY LEVEL BASED..... IE WITHOUT BEING IN ORCS YOU CANT MAKE AN UPGRADE TO ORC BUILDINGS..
LIKE THE IDEA THAT WHAT YOU CAN DO IS IMPROVE YOUR CITY IN ANOTHER WAY.... SO MAKE IT SIMPLE

salandrine

I am irritated.

Academy was producing CC spell, which was habitated very left in the row below. Now CC spell is habitated on the right side of the row and, instead of creating a CC spell, the spell chanced to a Power of Provision Spell. I really dont know, if I got back the 3rd relic, I needed to create a CC spell. And the time, which was already used for creating the CC spell, is now used for the Provision Spell. So I wasted time for a spell, I dont want to create this time and surely I wasted a relic also.
I cant check at the relic, cause I dont know the number of relics I own.

DeletedUser2587

I am irritated.

Academy was producing CC spell, which was habitated very left in the row below. Now CC spell is habitated on the right side of the row and, instead of creating a CC spell, the spell chanced to a Power of Provision Spell. I really dont know, if I got back the 3rd relic, I needed to create a CC spell. And the time, which was already used for creating the CC spell, is now used for the Provision Spell. So I wasted time for a spell, I dont want to create this time and surely I wasted a relic also.
I cant check at the relic, cause I dont know the number of relics I own.

I tried to do the same thing, but i get my relics back everytime. So you should have gotten yours back as well. =)