• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Crafting on Beta

Dony

King of Bugs
there is a pro tip with the way how event buildings now works
every quest which require you to upgrade building up until lvl14 can be done with placing even building from that chapter
so crafting bunch of cages or flames or unicorns can finish that quest in 10s, which saves a lot of time, resources, space and builders

Heymrdiedier

there is a pro tip with the way how event buildings now works
every quest which require you to upgrade building up until lvl14 can be done with placing even building from that chapter
so crafting bunch of cages or flames or unicorns can finish that quest in 10s, which saves a lot of time, resources, space and builders
pro tip, but im sure thats not how they intended it. I fear they will change the quest to upgrade to lvl 16 or higher if they read this....

SoggyShorts

it was reported as bug and said its working as intended and not a bug so
LoL I feel like that's just something they say when they can't be bothered to fix it.
I mean Honestly the quest asks you to "upgrade a building to level 14" how can placing a chapter 14 culture building possibly qualify for that intentionally?
Placing != Upgrading

TomBrady

Is it me or maybe I keep missing it..but I've been waiting about 2 months for the Chess Set Golden King to become available in the Crafting....Has the Chess set stopped becoming available...///

Jackluyt

Is it me or maybe I keep missing it..but I've been waiting about 2 months for the Chess Set Golden King to become available in the Crafting....Has the Chess set stopped becoming available...///

I am still seeing Chess Set components.
The problem as I see it is that the collection of crafting recipes has become over-crowded - particularly with Pet Food since the advent of the Phoenixes. I hope they will remove some of the junk recipes from the list; they are ruining what in my opinion is one of the best new game features.

Deleted User - 60107

Yeah, we definitely need some less random way to get recipes. The current method is not good, and it will only get worse as more recipes are added.

And yes, the chess pieces are still there - I see them from time to time.

Deleted User - 60107

We REALLY need some more variety in the recipes that are offered, or a way to refresh recipes for free.

On Beta:
CraftingBeta.png
3 out of 5 are Pet Food. This isn't that bad, since I have a Fire Phoenix, but for players without one all three are useless.

EN3:
CraftingEN3.png
4 out of 5 are Relics. Relics I don't need, because I am already at max boost.

@Marindor Any planned changes to the Crafting part of the game? At least as far as the randomness of the recipes is concerned?

edeba

I did a run where I wanted something, I forget what, and I got a couple things I could use show up to I crafted them, and then I was out of CC.

I think if you do pay for a spin you should also get one or two free CC with the reset; it would be far more reasonable.

But it is way over priced, and the price is not relative to how time left at all, so it is the same if it is less than an hour, or if it just reset, and I think that should change, down say 5 every hour say... 6-7 hours 70, 5-6 hours 65, 4-5 hours 60, 3-4 hour 55, 2-3 hours 50, 1-2 hours 45 and less than an hour 40.... Still expensive if you ask me... Better, down 5 the first hour, and then down 10, so 5-6 hours 60, 4-5 hours 50, 3-4 hour 40, 2-3 hours 30, 1-2 hours 20, and under an hour 10.

I think games can seriously tap into impulsive, addictive behavior to the point that it is very financially damaging and harmful to the player, and the pricing isn't reasonable for a game. I have a family member who is close to 80 that $100 at a time got herself into a place where she now works under the table about 3 days per week just to pay her credit card debt...

1 free reroll per day wouldn't kill your business, i think
I'd really like to know how many people actually pay for the rerolls

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

it is way over priced
For me the price is around 3 flips per wishing well, which is crazy considering I have to
1. Wait for an event
2. Complete tasks to earn event currency
3. Spin until I win a Wishing well (foregoing other prizes)
4. Use 10 squares for 100 days in my city
5. Collect from the building twice a day for 100 days

All that just to have a look at an extra 1 day's worth of recipes? Even if a flip let me choose which recipes came up next I wouldn't do it:p

edeba

Like I said, way over priced... But, that's a good idea, to be able to choose what you want to craft would make it totally reasonable from my perspective...

For me the price is around 3 flips per wishing well, which is crazy considering I have to
1. Wait for an event
2. Complete tasks to earn event currency
3. Spin until I win a Wishing well (foregoing other prizes)
4. Use 10 squares for 100 days in my city
5. Collect from the building twice a day for 100 days

All that just to have a look at an extra 1 day's worth of recipes? Even if a flip let me choose which recipes came up next I wouldn't do it:p

Dony

King of Bugs
Problem with current recipes list is its not flexible, they cant just adding new recipes without reducing overall chance for getting 1, thats why they added 3 recipes for RRS and broken shards, to increase a chance to get it, which then result in scenarios as posted above where all recipes are the same because we have many of them. I believe there are few tweaks they can do
1. make categories and make 1 category be rolled max 2 times for 5 slots we have (usually we cant craft more then 2 spells within 8 hours)
2. blacklisting spells by user, devs play with expected average chance per recipe, with this, they can set exact chance per recipe and keep it while adding new recipes as they like.
Lets say we have 115 recipes total and they set it to 100 recipes (as their expected chance to get 1), then player can blacklist max 15 recipes to get to a minimum expected chance
if they add 5 more recipes to the pool, they also add 5 more blacklisting slots so we still end with 100 recipes in available pool
blacklisting can be done quite easy, when you get 5 recipes to craft, add small button in top left corner over recipe to blacklist it, and from that moment player wont see this recipe, add new tab in magic academy where all blacklisted recipes will be shown with red X button behind them, just clicking on that button removes it from blacklist
this method makes stable chance per recipe, which then leaves plenty of space to add many new recipes without reducing overall chance per recipe, and they also dont need to add many same recipes to increase the chance anymore

Heymrdiedier

i can't remember how many recipes we started with, but lets say it was 60.
how about if they have added 12 extra by now, we get 6 crafting choices instead of 5, and so on. (so every time we get 1/5the of the original amount of recipes as extra, we then get an extra crafting option slot).

To make it worthwhile for inno to do the extra development, they can add a diamond cost to unlock the extra slots maybe.

edeba

I think what we started with was closer to 100.

i can't remember how many recipes we started with, but lets say it was 60.
how about if they have added 12 extra by now, we get 6 crafting choices instead of 5, and so on. (so every time we get 1/5the of the original amount of recipes as extra, we then get an extra crafting option slot).

To make it worthwhile for inno to do the extra development, they can add a diamond cost to unlock the extra slots maybe.