• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Eldrasil's Ascending

Dhurrin

Excellent graphics. And I'm not easily impressed.

Only thing I'd like changed in this (and other events) is the fact that one cant collect more than 6 of the -in this case- nuts. That works well for people able to log on every hour or 3 hours, but for people who mostly can only do long runs because of work it means they miss out on collecting a lot of those things.
For me it always is a struggle even to get to the second prize, because the quests only give so many, and the rest has to be collected. And I'm just not able to constantly log in as cellphones etc are prohibited in several parts of the lab. (and cellphone coverage isn't always so great when I'm out in some remote area).

DeletedUser1677

(hope that this is not spoiling)
"Spend xx Knowledge Points
Buy xx Knowledge Points
Gain xx Relics
Solve xx Encounters or buy xx Knowledge Points"

In that order, and with no other quests in between!
Innogames, do you really just hate us? If so, please just tell us...

SoggyShorts

@MissLindell

Spend xx Knowledge Points --With an inspiring meditation you can have these saved up
Buy xx Knowledge Points -- World visits and some saved coin should cover this
Gain xx Relics -- tournament&some province clearing if needed*
Solve xx Encounters or buy xx Knowledge Points-- if you don't have provinces open, buy the KP.

There are always "buy xx kp" quests so the easy thing to do is pick one of your boosted goods, and never use it to buy KP outside of events to keep costs low.

For the solve encounters/gain relics you should always keep 2-4 provinces open. There is no reason to clear provinces immediately on the world map unless they will increase your boost, or until you have enough scouted to get an expansion.
On Beta we don't get a warning when events start, so keeping 2-3 more provinces open at all times isn't a bad idea, and at worst will delay your expansion by a few days.

Over the past year events have started to become more and more frequent so I try to keep my cities in a state of constant readiness, and it really doesn't slow progress by much at all.

*very small players may have a harder time with getting enough relics as the tournament won't help as much, but this is offset by short scouting times and low negotiating costs. In a decent FS a bigger player can easily help out with those costs as well.

DeletedUser1677

@MissLindell

Spend xx Knowledge Points --With an inspiring meditation you can have these saved up
Buy xx Knowledge Points -- World visits and some saved coin should cover this
Gain xx Relics -- tournament&some province clearing if needed*
Solve xx Encounters or buy xx Knowledge Points-- if you don't have provinces open, buy the KP.

There are always "buy xx kp" quests so the easy thing to do is pick one of your boosted goods, and never use it to buy KP outside of events to keep costs low.

For the solve encounters/gain relics you should always keep 2-4 provinces open. There is no reason to clear provinces immediately on the world map unless they will increase your boost, or until you have enough scouted to get an expansion.
On Beta we don't get a warning when events start, so keeping 2-3 more provinces open at all times isn't a bad idea, and at worst will delay your expansion by a few days.

Over the past year events have started to become more and more frequent so I try to keep my cities in a state of constant readiness, and it really doesn't slow progress by much at all.

*very small players may have a harder time with getting enough relics as the tournament won't help as much, but this is offset by short scouting times and low negotiating costs. In a decent FS a bigger player can easily help out with those costs as well.

I do try to save up on KP, if I know one is coming.
I do buy KP with goods
Relics, I used tournaments this time. But still a pain to gain that many relics
And the last one, I bought KP. I did'nt have enough army left for encounters, and it was too expensive solving encounters with goods.

BUT that said, they are still VERY annoying

Loki Blue

The owners of the Lovecraft stuff do NOT let anyone 'borrow' from him.

Actually, there's quite a bit of material out there that Arkham House has granted use of. It's just a matter of approaching them properly and requesting permission.

Unless, of course, the material is in the public domain.

This is from Techdirt, The Confusing Case Of Lovecraft's Copyright
For my money, I'd say all of Lovecraft's are probably in the public domain but there really is no answer to the question of their copyright status. Were the rights properly renewed? Were they transferred to Arkham House? Copyright law has been stretched so far into the past that lost documentation, orphaned works and uncertainties about ownership become more and more problematic. All we can say is that if someone were to challenge copyright ownership, a court would be able to come to a decision, but the decision could go either way. It's doubtful it'll be worth anyone's time and money to try and resolve this in court, and this makes the situation de facto as if the copyrights still hold, since no one wants to risk getting sued (though the copyright holders haven't, at least so far been zealous in pursuing their lawsuits). So, long as no one challenges their claim, the persons claiming to own the rights, own them by default. And the issue won't really be resolved until 2032 when the last of Lovecraft's works published in his lifetime will enter the public domain (and I'm excluding the few posthumous publications, which appeared as late as 1944), unless there's another copyright extension, which would just push all of this mess forward.

And it's not copyrights that are the hazard here, it's trademarks.

Sometimes it takes an actual heir of the original author to restore a copyright; Dacre Stoker co-wrote Dracula the Un-dead partly to do just that. Bram Stoker snookered himself by not completing the copyright process that existed in the United States at the time Dracula was written, which is why we have the abominations based on Dracula that we do. Unfortunately for Lovecraft, he didn't leave that kind of legacy behind.

At any rate, as a writer, I have to know this stuff just to keep my own fat out of the fryer. :p

DeletedUser2174

At any rate, as a writer, I have to know this stuff just to keep my own fat out of the fryer.
It seem like just yesterday lovecraft was threatening the makers of D&D with all sorts of mayhem. Hmm i think i dated myself.

DeletedUser2174

I think my fellowship of 24 has almost doubled in size in 3 weeks. we have 90K points for all of us. So no bigger players. Will keep you informed. Chapter 3 by morning.

And i do not get the kp time extension spell for a while

Loki Blue

It seem like just yesterday lovecraft was threatening the makers of D&D with all sorts of mayhem. Hmm i think i dated myself.

That would be quite terrifying indeed, since HP Lovecraft died in 1937. Not that I think Death could put him off...:p

But it wasn't even Arkham House that TSR had dealings with; Chaosium claimed that they had an 'exclusive license' for any Lovecraft-based materials for RPGs. And TSR had already had legal run-ins with the estates of JRR Tolkien and Edgar Rice Burroughs for including Tolkien's Ents, Balrogs, and Hobbits, and Burroughs's Barsoom in the original White Box. Took some gall on TSR's part because Tolkien hadn't even been dead a year I don't think...he died in September of '73, and D&D came out sometime in '74.

Anyway, some folks cross their t's and dot their i's properly before they start something, and some folks don't, and then they wind up in a costly mess. But there's no harm in someone on a game forum musing about an ancient-beyond-imagining soul-eating Tree. :D

DeletedUser1777

hmmm what exactly has all this D&D stuff to do with a feedback to the event ;)

Loki Blue

hmmm what exactly has all this D&D stuff to do with a feedback to the event ;)

One player posted her hopes of Eldrasil being a Lovecraftian horror, and another for some reason took issue with it. Nothing more, and it is not the first time there has been off-topic conversation in a thread. Neither, I suspect, shall it be the last. And it's easy enough to ignore. ;)

Dhurrin

100% coin refill would be much better as 2x50% fill.

I disagree on that. It MAY happen that I'm completely down on coins, but it hasnt happened yet.
However, it has happened that I'm down to 10-20%. The 50% fill fill me up nicely without anything wasted. The 100% refill will definitely mean there's going to be waste.
A 100% on supplies I might find useful, since that sometimes actually happened to me, though mostly because of the fact I'm not often able to do the short runs.

Loki Blue

Hi, what about the newsletter from Inno who gaves 100 hazelnuts? I didn't receive it yet but some friends did it.
The timing is random, apparently...I've gotten it for my account on the International server, but not for this one or my US server account. When you check your email, you might want to check your spam folder...I've had a few things from Inno get tossed there.

DeletedUser1677

The timing is random, apparently...I've gotten it for my account on the International server, but not for this one or my US server account. When you check your email, you might want to check your spam folder...I've had a few things from Inno get tossed there.
I have'nt got anything either.
And I'm on both beta and danish server :/

PrimroseSylvia

I have'nt got anything either.
And I'm on both beta and danish server :/

Same here, but neither for beta account nor for live... Checked into my spam yesterday and today, but anything in any folder :(