• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Eldrasil's Ascending

DeletedUser1767

The reason I ask is quest #14 - Research 1 technology OR upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
That one is going to upset a lot of players on the live servers that have been twiddling their thumbs just working on AW's only because their city is built to the max and are already upset about this weeks FA debacle.
Yep, and it's even worse if you see the full list of quests @Dony has. Multiple "upgrade to level X" quests. I appreciate that they do offer a choice for this one, but am not convinced that they've carefully thought out which choices are reasonable to offer, because this particular choice works for many people, but not for:
  • Newer players who can't upgrade anything that high yet and are somehow very tech-locked (could happen);
  • Players at the end of the tech tree with maxed out cities;
  • Players nearing the end of a chapter who have upgraded everything as high as possible but can't sell their settlements to make room for a temporary building to level;
  • Players tech-locked in an early stage of a guest race chapter who have upgraded everything as high as possible.
My Beta city is in category four: I have one tech all ready to unlock... but I need loot and shrooms of wisdom to do it. I've only just got my settlement to the point where I can start producing those, so it will be a minimum of two days before I can unlock it. All my other buildings are upgraded as high as they can go without unlocking things I can't unlock yet. I am, therefore, upgrading a marble manufactory from zero to level twelve. My boost is steel. This is stupid.

For my done-with-Halflings Arendyll city... well, I guess I'll take this as a sign that I do need to build another magic dust factory that I don't actually need but have been vaguely tempted to build anyway.

DeletedUser1811

Autumn is my least favorite season (in real life), but the graphics of the city right now almost make me change my mind. Really nicely done!

The quests seem same ol' same ol' (up to the point I am at), but I do understand there are only that many tasks one can task the players with. Too soon to say anything about the daily rewards just yet, but I do hope some of them culture+pop come up.

All in all, I give it 4.2/5 (majority of it for the graphics).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2182

Hello, all!

Opnions about the new event:
The loading screen and the surroundings are really great. Many congratulations to the graphics team! :D
About "brown nuts on the brown field"... really, guys, I clicked the field-nuts once to check if they were the ones to gather, but so what? Once you see the first 'true' nut, I doubt you will keep clicking the other ones. (Of course I'd do that without my glasses.)

About the quests:
I'm really against those "Gain xxx 'non-boosted". It is easy for almost any player from live, but in Beta server it will take a lot of time until someone accept a trade, and usually there are not too many fair offers to help us (or the amounts are insane).

Personally, I don't really like, but I prefer the "Produce non-boosted ONCE" (the "1 time" is really important, since it is not so hard to find a small spot to place two 2x2 (or one 2x2 and a 1x2 or 2x1) building, but I'd not waste a large area with non-boosted things.

"Gain 2 Enchantments OF YOUR CHOICE": Much better than the damned PoP. Thanks for that change. Really, I hate producing PoPs (I can only imagine bad jokes about this), because I already get loads of PoP during my daily NHs. I only produce them for quests.

Enjoy the event, mates!

Dony

King of Bugs
I'm really against those "Gain xxx 'non-boosted". It is easy for almost any player from live, but in Beta server it will take a lot of time until someone accept a trade, and usually there are not too many fair offers to help us (or the amounts are insane).
in last chapter it was not even 1000 and i could buy it with 1 click from wholesaler
and 129 tier2 in last chapter

Last edited:

ophion

I too, think that the graphics in this event have been a triumph and I applaud the work gone into making it look so attractive.
The Quests up 'til now have been pretty good altho' pretty much the same as past events...but I guess there are only so many variations within the game parameters. The one thing I dislike...but it's just me being impatient...are the quests that ask for goods to be produced that take more than a day or two. I have always disliked having to wait a day or two before things come to fruition and that includes scouting and waiting for buildings to appear...but altho' that may be necessary generally... I would like to see the production of goods/supplies quests limited to 9 hour productions in future quests to keep us all active and interested.
The couple of new buildings that have been available to win each day have been attractive and offered decent rewards which has been nice...and I look forward to more daily surprises (and just hope there are no more repeats as in previous quests offering more unicorns and flower arbours).:)
So far this event has been good. \o/

DeletedUser1901

There doesn't seem to be any indication of the boost that the Daily Prize Instant gives. Just that it is an instant.

cpickett76

I think the graphics are outstanding and I really like that we are given a choice on spell production. I like the trade tasks and instants as possible prizes. However, I think that if you are going to remove relics as a possible prize then the number of relics required to complete tasks needs to be reduced or should be based on the chapter a player is in like it is for the gain coin, supplies, goods, and the pay for tasks. The way it is now will make it very difficult for players in early chapters to complete these tasks even if they line up with tournaments. It could also be a problem for players much further along in the game where it takes over a day to scout to complete these if they don't line up with a tournament. I still strongly object to the non boost tasks. Now because of the frequency of events like this one that require them and the Fellowship Adventures it seems we're expected to keep them at all times but we aren't given any extra space for them. We also spend a lot of time explaining to newer players why it's best to produce boosted goods only and how it hurts trade and costs more to keep them around but now we're supposed to all have them or keep space for them at all times. This means buildings are not being upgraded or added because of lack of space or people have to choose to opt out of events and Fellowship Adventures. I think it's great that you're trying to add variety to events but this is not a good change and on new worlds like Ceravyn it's causing a lot of problems.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1677

Good for you and since your done have you upgraded all of your buildings like most of us that are also done on live servers?
The reason I ask is quest #14 - Research 1 technology OR upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher

If a new guest race is coming out soon then no problem,otherwise make room and start a new building from scratch to level 12.

That one is going to upset a lot of players on the live servers that have been twiddling their thumbs just working on AW's only because their city is built to the max and are already upset about this weeks FA debacle.

I agree, that one is very annoying!
I'm lucky that I have to extra armories, that I can upgrade :eek:

DeletedUser778

With some space the upgrading quests can be done with planks (elves) manufactories quite easy,
since they are only 6 squares big until lvl 15 and can be build up from scratch to lvl 12 in less then 13 hours. ;)

DeletedUser1665

"upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher"
Do AW's count for this quest?

Buttrflwr

@Marindor Please give our appreciation to the art team for their work on this, and could you please drop a hint that we would love to have the splash screen (opening screen) stay, or at least be an integral part of a permanent one? To me, that is the epitome of ELVENAR! Mysterious, beautiful...I gots to have it! :p I just want to go climb that tree and look down! As far as the quest line itself, I have to agree with most here, some aspects are going to be difficult for those who have no techs to research or bldgs to upgrade, but on the whole it looks wonderful.

NOW, who has a spoiler look at the bldgs to come? Hmmmm? I know there is one out there somewhere! Elvenarchitect have it? Anyone? I'll give you a hazelnut...or chestnut...or whatever they are calling them! :D

DeletedUser

NOW, who has a spoiler look at the bldgs to come? Hmmmm? I know there is one out there somewhere! Elvenarchitect have it? Anyone? I'll give you a hazelnut...or chestnut...or whatever they are calling them! :D
Found these in the game files (Chapter XI values):
Flourishing Nut Cave (2x3) : 3200 Culture
Hazelnut Stubs (3x4) : 1410 Population / 2800 Culture / 59000 Coins
Eldrasils Sawmill (4x3) : 2900 Culture / 2800 Mana
Bowl of Nuts (5x3) : 810 Population / 3800 Culture / 11500 Supplies
Hazeltown (4x4) : 2900 Population / 2900 Culture
Mana Sawmill (2x4) : 1310 Culture / 1260 Mana
Squirrel Square (3x3) : 1330 Population / 2200 Culture
No pictures yet. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1627

Flourishing Nut Cave (2x3) : 3200 Culture
Hazelnut Stubs (3x4) : 1410 Population / 2800 Culture / 59000 Coins
Eldrasils Sawmill (4x3) : 2900 Culture / 2800 Mana
Bowl of Nuts (5x3) : 810 Population / 3800 Culture / 11500 Supplies
Hazeltown (4x4) : 2900 Population / 2900 Culture
Mana Sawmill (2x4) : 1310 Culture / 1260 Mana
Squirrel Square (3x3) : 1330 Population / 2200 Culture

Beautiful! Maybe could someone show us an overview of these x)

Found these in the game files (Chapter XI values):

Where do you find it?

Edit Marindor: I put the quests in a spoiler tag. Please remember to keep them under a spoiler button, also when quoting others :)