• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Eldrasil's Ascending

MalpA

I can only agree here. Not only that I didn't expect such a change, the lowering of the culture sure is heavy. I'm not sure if I will keep this building now as it lost most of its value. o_O

Not most ... but ALL Value... Endrasil Sawmill is like 500% better, so if i would know that Nutcave is just simple crap i will spend my event nuts to something else..

MalpA

Ehm... You couldn't really since this was the reward of the last day :)

hmm srsly i cant? i won 5 of this usseles thing :) cause i leave like 2000 nuts for this "reward" i finished missions in like 2 weaks before end of event... u still wanna say that i cant?

You shouldn't chane already existing buldings .... but only future won, cause its like making players, who paying you, a fools. I feal like you just cheated me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118

hmm srsly i cant? i won 5 of this usseles thing :) cause i leave like 2000 nuts for this "reward" i finished missions in like 2 weaks before end of event... u still wanna say that i cant?

Well, I have to admit Marnindor's right here. It was the last building of the event so you couldn't have spent your nuts for something else since there was nothing to spend them on the next day. ^^

You shouldn't chane already existing buldings .... but only future won, cause its like making players, who paying you, a fools. I feal like you just cheated me.

Here I have to agree. Especially not if you lower its value that much. Even if we asked for more buildings producing Mana, this is not really a needed change.

Its gone from my city now btw and I'm not going to build the second one I won.

MalpA

Katzenprinz said:
Well, I have to admit Marnindor's right here. It was the last building of the event so you couldn't have spent your nuts for something else since there was nothing to spend them on the next day. ^^

I mean i have saved soo many nuts for this bulding(over 2000) and if i will know that its usseles thing i will spend more few days earlier at for example boosters, which are more valueable now then this glossy thing

DeletedUser283

We have made the Flourishing Nutcave building a bit more valuable. It now not only gives culture, but also mana on higher levels and supplies on lower levels.

not satisfied with this change; I have won one of these and was perfectly happy with the culture it gave;
reducing the culture to make it give mana means :
-it is now useless to me, I needed culture
-I now have to move it to somewhere with a street connection to receive riduculous amouts of mana
I will check how it goes and probably get rid of it after all.
the plague of this game is game designers who have no idea what they do.

DeletedUser1767

I am in Chapter Eight, and I saved all my nuts for this because it was a good culture building and there weren't a lot of good culture-only buildings for this event. Now I have six of these, I have plenty of supplies, and I'll be in Woodelves soon. I feel swindled. I was also saving all my nuts for this on Winyandor, and the change is coming after the Blue Tree Enclosure, which is what I may have tried to get instead if I had known that this was happening. Now it's too late.

When the changes were made to the military-buff buildings, they were made only to the ones from this event forward, not retroactively, right? Someone -- @Flabbes, I think? -- posted about how they weren't stackable with the older ones, which turned out to be because the buildings were of a different type. Why on earth didn't they do the same thing with the nut cave?

Sure, I get it. Pure culture buildings are passe and not as "interesting" or sexy or something as multi-functional buildings. However, WE STILL NEED THEM. And this event had very few of them.

Heymrdiedier

Sure, I get it. Pure culture buildings are passe and not as "interesting" or sexy or something as multi-functional buildings. However, WE STILL NEED THEM. And this event had very few of them.

actually, on my main on live server i havent got a single pure cultural building. Im always have too much culture i cant get rid off unless if i build a lot of armories i dont need. It feels you'd be better off getting culture of the many wonders that give culture then from a pure culture building. im always short of population tho (to build those armories for example) so i focus on getting all population/culture building.

MalpA

You want pure cultural buldings? Go and buy some for daimonds .... Everything got it purpose ... in this case this purpose is you wallet :)

DeletedUser2187

Changing the way a building operates AFTER someone purchases it is unfair, those of use spending diamonds or nuts to win a prize to only have it altered afterwards. We knew what we were doing before buying them, I will never be able to trust what I am winning in the future?! This change will impact Inno more then they know as in all future events, if this is the way they choose to operate, they can expect less participation, payment in diamonds from any player concerned with the event buildings. No one does these events for the Pleasure of Inno. If i wanted a supply producing building i would have spent my nuts on those, sooner, on both Live and Beta servers.

My trust in Inno is GONE, I will never do another event again if they don't put it back to what it was. What is the point of winning a building if its going to change a week later!!!!!

Dony

King of Bugs
When the changes were made to the military-buff buildings, they were made only to the ones from this event forward, not retroactively, right? Someone -- @Flabbes, I think? -- posted about how they weren't stackable with the older ones, which turned out to be because the buildings were of a different type. Why on earth didn't they do the same thing with the nut cave?
it was retroactively, old version of building doesnt exist anymore, and they werent stackable because every chapter has different culture, that was a reason

TomatoeHu

I saved ALL 5193 nuts i acquired from gathering and completing the event quests and spent them all on the Flourishing Nut Cave. I won 9 buildings this event, all rendered useless by the change. I am not the only Chapter 7 city who found every single chapter 7 event building useless in space, population and culture except the FNC. All pop buildings were worse then simply keeping a chapter 7-8 house.

I did this event for no reason at all now. Buildings should not change outside the scope of their original purpose. Adjusting the culture is one thing but adding in supplies instead of culture is garbage to a lot of players in some chapters. Those wishing for buildings giving supplies would have already saved and spent nuts for building types accordingly.

DeletedUser1767

actually, on my main on live server i havent got a single pure cultural building. Im always have too much culture i cant get rid off unless if i build a lot of armories i dont need. It feels you'd be better off getting culture of the many wonders that give culture then from a pure culture building. im always short of population tho (to build those armories for example) so i focus on getting all population/culture building.
Different people have different playstyles (and yes, I do have a Watchtower). I don't like population/culture buildings because they're hard to work with long-term. When you first get them, they're great, but then they become obsolete, and you have to either get equally lucky with the next event, or you have to do terrible drastic things to your city. I made that mistake with the last winter event, and my city was crippled for months as a result. I'm not going there again. One or two of them is fine; not more. Obviously you're better at working with this than I am, but not everyone is. A lot of people have trouble parting with event buildings, for nostalgic reasons.

I'm actually in favour, in general, of the new variety of building types offered in events. More variety is good. But this event had, what, two buildings that just gave high culture? One of which came out very early, when a lot of people aren't going to spend nuts yet? And now they've changed the other. After Woodelves, buildings tend to either give high culture or they give mana, and there's a balance. The event buildings need a balance too. Smaller cities, in particular, do not want all of their options to give supplies -- it's great that they decided to accommodate more advanced players with event buildings, but it's not as great when all of the buildings are like this.

If I had been inclined to spend diamonds on an event (and I wasn't, but I could have been), I definitely would not do it now that we've learned that the same prizes we spent diamonds to get can be changed retroactively into something we might not want.

DeletedUser1777

it was retroactively, old version of building doesnt exist anymore, and they werent stackable because every chapter has different culture, that was a reason

Even when the buildings are from different chapters, they don't give both culture.- so there are existing two different types of buildings.
I don't place them just to find out if the older version provides culture, but at least the tooltip says no culture at all.

The "old" one
upload_2017-10-19_23-43-56.png

"new" one

upload_2017-10-19_23-44-42.png

Heymrdiedier

Different people have different playstyles (and yes, I do have a Watchtower). I don't like population/culture buildings because they're hard to work with long-term. When you first get them, they're great, but then they become obsolete, and you have to either get equally lucky with the next event, or you have to do terrible drastic things to your city. I made that mistake with the last winter event, and my city was crippled for months as a result. I'm not going there again. One or two of them is fine; not more. Obviously you're better at working with this than I am, but not everyone is. A lot of people have trouble parting with event buildings, for nostalgic reasons.

I'm actually in favour, in general, of the new variety of building types offered in events. More variety is good. But this event had, what, two buildings that just gave high culture? One of which came out very early, when a lot of people aren't going to spend nuts yet? And now they've changed the other. After Woodelves, buildings tend to either give high culture or they give mana, and there's a balance. The event buildings need a balance too. Smaller cities, in particular, do not want all of their options to give supplies -- it's great that they decided to accommodate more advanced players with event buildings, but it's not as great when all of the buildings are like this.

If I had been inclined to spend diamonds on an event (and I wasn't, but I could have been), I definitely would not do it now that we've learned that the same prizes we spent diamonds to get can be changed retroactively into something we might not want.

i actually dindt have to part with my buildings yet.
I still have 20 wintergardens, 12 glossy gardens and 3 mother dragons, and 14 hazeltowns in my inventory untill i figuer out how ill place them.
As long as the event building gives more inhabitants per square then my max house, i see no point in removing them so i just added the new winnings instead of replacing them. This is probably also the reason i have too much culture, my populations buildings dont use culture, but they give me culture in stead. Meaning i never need to build a culture building again, which saves me a lot of space for production and or wonders.

But yes i agree, different playstyle is what makes this game fun.

About the diamond purchases, im in you with that. After all the recent changes, spending any real money on this game seems like a waste, i wouldnt trust inno anymore. For all i know the thing i want badly, turns into something useless 2 weeks after i spend my money on it. They've lost all credibility for me.

Dony

King of Bugs
Even when the buildings are from different chapters, they don't give both culture.- so there are existing two different types of buildings.
I don't place them just to find out if the older version provides culture, but at least the tooltip says no culture at all.

The "old" one
View attachment 3572

"new" one

View attachment 3573
For a sort time there existed only 1 version of this building and it was same for every chapter (the one from chapter1), chapter 1 building doesnt provide culture but you get back 1k supplies and 1k coins after you sell it, from chapter 2 it provides culture, but you dont get anything back after you sell it.

Marindor

Hi everyone! First of all: Thank you for your feedback on the recent Flourishing Nut Cave changes. Please allow us to give you a bit of clarification:

First of all: The truth is that this building was actually always meant to be giving culture + mana/supplies. Somehow something went wrong and it became a culture-only building. We found out as soon as it got released on Beta and changed it back to its original plan as soon as possible, since player feedback had tought us in the past that most players actually don't really like culture-only buildings. They've been requesting buildings which give lower culture but in return also give mana for a long time and these are generally the buildings that are liked best. Most (especially high chapter players) don't really have culture issues, but mana is all the more important for tech tree progression and building upgrades. Therefore in general these kind of buildings are valued higher than just another culture-only building (of which many players have more than enough already, collected from previous events and these even get deleted in many cases).

Of course we have forwarded your feedback, especially about the drop in culture being too steep in your opinion and that feedback is being evaluated, but please do keep in mind we're playing on Beta here so things can sometimes be changed and/or rebalanced before going to Live. Especially in these situations, when things don't work as expected, sometimes they can change pretty quickly after being released. It's like: "Hey! That building doesn't do what it's supposed to do according to our data, we have to fix it!" And then it gets fixed as soon as possible. That's exactly what has happened to this building and it's also something we cannot prevent 100% from ever happening again. That's one of the reasons we have Beta: To find out if new content works as expected and if not, to fix it as soon as possible.

Well, maybe some of you still prefer a culture-only building above a culture and mana/supplies mix building and will still not be completely happy, but at least I hope we have been able to clarify the situation a bit here. At least we'd like to thank you for your feedback on this issue and will take it with us for further investigation.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

@Marindor Could you also fowarded the feedback that these Culture/supplies buildings are really bad for the non-mana chapters?
These kind of combi-buildings are coming out of our ears now, with as result an abnormal high supplies production but never enough culture to keep things going when it comes to actual building/upgrading all the other buildings :(:(:(