• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Eldrasil's Ascending

Buttrflwr

Found these in the game files (Chapter XI values):
Flourishing Nut Cave (2x3) : 3200 Culture
Hazelnut Stubs (3x4) : 1410 Population / 2800 Culture / 59000 Coins
Eldrasils Sawmill (4x3) : 2900 Culture / 2800 Mana
Bowl of Nuts (5x3) : 810 Population / 3800 Culture / 11500 Supplies
Hazeltown (4x4) : 2900 Population / 2900 Culture
Mana Sawmill (2x4) : 1310 Culture / 1260 Mana
Squirrel Square (3x3) : 1330 Population / 2200 Culture
No pictures yet. :(
Thank you very much!!!

Deleted User - 60107

All I care about from that page is that apparently with the next guest race our Steel Manufactories will change from 3x6 to 4x5. Steel is my boost in three out of four citites, so it matters.

DeletedUser1767

It's actually not as bad as it looks at first! I think the trick if, like me, you are not fluent in Code-Speak is to figure out specifically what you're looking for and just search for that. If you sort of skim through it at random for a bit, you can get just enough of a sense of how it works to figure out what to search for.

(@Jasper, you are awesome and have changed my life. :))

DeletedUser2210

Hi, a few comments from the beginner in beta (score 1 715) and middle-height in live (69 117) if comes for quests:
- Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher - it went quite well to research some technology in chapter II, but in the end of chapter VI it could go terribly slowly because of the guestrace production. And upgrade? Upgrade what? Everything in my city is already in the highest level and I don't have even a square of free space to place another building and upgrade it 12 levels...
-Gain ... Relics - 16? Ok, fine... 40? Are you f* kidding me? I don't even have a Fellowship here. How am I supposed to gain 40 relics when I have a problem with 16? And four quest like that without relics as a prize is just a sadism. Seriously.
- Produce Decorative Pillars 1 time, Produce Warrior Mask 1 time, Produce Wooden Chest 1 time - All 3 Tier 1? It means I have to place non-boosted manufactures AGAIN? Give me place for that! And people in live in our fellowship asking about non-boosted manufactures: "can I place this just for the quest?" [because we don't want to see non-boosted manufactures in cities, it practically stops the trade]
- Gain 2 Enchantments of your choice - nice job!
- Gain a decent amount of Marble, etc - at least we don't have to pay large amounts of goods this time, I'm pleased. And it solved the problem with beginners begging of i.e. elixirs.

As for the rest:
- The instants (in hours of course) being offered in the nuts was a great idea. It may be useful.
- The Eldrasil tree in the background (substitute to the mountain) is really beautiful and it should stay there forever.
- The loading screen and the surrounding are also very nice! Let the loading screen also stay. :D
- I hope that the new guestrace will came soon and it will be indeed centaurs.

DeletedUser

-Gain ... Relics - 16? Ok, fine... 40? Are you f* kidding me? I don't even have a Fellowship here. How am I supposed to gain 40 relics when I have a problem with 16? And four quest like that without relics as a prize is just a sadism. Seriously.
Why would yo need as FS ? They don't give relics. :eek: You just need to negotiated or fights some provinces, usually I do these quest during tournament.
- I hope that the new guestrace will came soon and it will be indeed centaurs.
Nop, no centaurs :p

DeletedUser1777

Why would yo need as FS ? They don't give relics.
But at least as FS gives access to tournament, I think she was referring to this ;) Maybe she isn't able to create a FS yet with the new account.

But honestly, I don't think this event are made for players who are less than 4 weeks in game. They still can collect nuts and the buildings would be outdated to soon anyway.

Feedback to event:
I think it's a great idea to add (time) boosters in daily prizes.
Hopefully they will repeat the building from the first day later on, didn't had luck with my draws :(
The graphics are stunning, as usual :D

Still waiting for a use of blueprints except in magical buildings o_O

DeletedUser2009

quest #40...14 encounters or buy 14 KP
I did 5 or so encounters and hoped to buy the rest of the KP but it will not let me.
Did you mean for it to be like this? Now I am stuck till another province opens up and I just started it.
Thanks.....I LOVE this game!

DeletedUser

quest #40...14 encounters or buy 14 KP
I did 5 or so encounters and hoped to buy the rest of the KP but it will not let me.
Did you mean for it to be like this? Now I am stuck till another province opens up and I just started it.
Thanks.....I LOVE this game!
It says OR, you can not mixed them. Was already so in previous events.

SoggyShorts

@Shiness The last 4 major events have all had very similar quests, there are some tips to help you get through them
Keep some provinces open. If clearing a province won't get you an expansion, and won't increase your boost, just wait. The only thing you'll be missing out on is 8 KP, which you will get eventually. 3 open provinces plus the tournament should be able to satisfy any event requirements (and it's only a delay of 1 days KP)
With the new scouting system you can see exactly how long your scouts will take, so if you get the quest list from the Beta players you should be able to time this effectively
For mid-chapter players your residences will probably be easiest. They're pretty fast at around 4h, and you should have lots of them. Just like with provinces, unless you need what they give you right now, there's no reason to max out every single one as fast as possible.
For higher chapter players:
Armories. For higher level buildings these are the fastest to level up, staying under 7 hours even at level 20+.
The thing with armories is that they give a huge jump when they change size, and then just a small amount the next few levels, so maxing them right away shouldn't be a priority. For example they go from 80 to 130 at level 20, but after that it's just 10 more per level, and won't have a big impact on your training capacity.
Bonus Tip: you can start an upgrade, and then just before it finishes disconnect the building from the road, and it will "pause" the upgrade. This does tie up a builder though.
This one is lame, and there's really not much you can do that is better than making 4 level 3 marble factories to prep for it.
If you are making extra low level workshops to help with other quests, you can upgrade 4 of those before the event to prepare, but they are bigger, and take longer.
Usually we are only asked for 2 and can prepare them in advance, but there's a trick that lets you prep 3 even with a level 2 MA:
  1. First you start a single PoP spell
  2. Then before it finishes, open the MA interface and watch the last few seconds count down.
  3. The spell will finish, and both slots will be open in the queue for you to add 2 more spells.
  4. Close the window and you will see that there is one ready to be collected, and 2 will be cooking.
You cantry this out with your barracks, the exact same idea works there too.
Bonus Tip: Once all 3 are finished cooking, remove the road from your MA so that you don't accidentally collect those spells before you want to.
With the masquerade PT2 event it seems like the developers have eased up on this, and with a decent culture bonus and some PoP spells you should have no problem completing this with half the number of max factories and some level 1 workshops to fill in the rest.
For example "16 advanced tools + supplies" was easily done with
7 workshops that were 2 levels under max
7 PoP spells
9 level 1 workshops.
150% culture
If your culture is lower than 125% you might need to ask your FS for culture buffs to get you to 125, and use Ensorcelled Endowments on those buildings to push it further. Note that EE spells won't do anything unless you get to 125% first and those buildings are visited.
First off, the spell Inspiring Meditation will extend your KP bar to 20 which should help.
Next, there are 4 ways to buy KP aside from diamonds: Coins, Tier 1,2, and 3. My suggestion is to never normally buy KP with one of your boosted tiers except for events. This way you will always have an easy and cheap way to buy a couple dozen when needed. This can also help if you are short on KP for unlocking the next advanced scouts tech for better rewards.

DeletedUser2210

Why would yo need as FS ? They don't give relics. :eek: You just need to negotiated or fights some provinces, usually I do these quest during tournament.

FS gives an opportunity to take part in tournament. And creating one-person-FS in my level is useless :)

But honestly, I don't think this event are made for players who are less than 4 weeks in game.

Challenge accepted! :D Quest 21 in progress.

DeletedUser2157

The number of relics needed to collect for this entire quest line is out of control, especially now that you can't win relics in the prize treasure chests. The instants are fine but without the relics, you need to solve a lot of encounters. Sure you can get a few relics here and there aiding your neighbors but not 40. This part needs adjusting.

DeletedUser2182

in last chapter it was not even 1000 and i could buy it with 1 click from wholesaler
and 129 tier2 in last chapter
I found no spoiler chart to know the amounts required by Chapter yet, so I can't say.
Is it so easy that we can just buy those goods using the Trader instead of waiting for someone to accept a trade? After the Masquerade, I expect so many stupid amounts... x_x

DeletedUser1681

Today's prize "Hazelnut stubs" description says "connection needed - any regular street connected to main hall".
Why so ? It is a pop/culture building and I have buildings like that from other events without street connection.
If it were a mana building I'd understand, but I'm in woodelves chapter and there should be a mention of mana showing it it would produce it.

DeletedUser2174

But honestly, I don't think this event are made for players who are less than 4 weeks in game. They still can collect nuts and the buildings would be outdated to soon anyway.
I am less than 4 weeks old. I intend to milk the event for everything I can. starting in the next chapter.
And i found a bug. players in chapter 2 are not expected to buy kp with tier3 goods. It completely reloads the game when i try,

DeletedUser1677

A little thing that I think is annoying:
"Use xx KP" is before "buy xx KP" each time.
Why not change that? So we have to buy first, THEN use? :)