• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Eldrasil's Ascending

DeletedUser2174

*very small players may have a harder time with getting enough relics as the tournament won't help as much, but this is offset by short scouting times and low negotiating costs. In a decent FS a bigger player can easily help out with those costs as well.
7 days to go, I need 40 relics, and the 2 technology is waiting to complete. Already have the second prize. and 7 hazeltowns. other than the usual trades of boosted for non boosted no outside helpI
I am 1/2 way through chapter 3.

SoggyShorts

@Yoxlade
Awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted.* Newer players don't give nearly as much feedback as others, so sometimes they can be left behind in the balancing, I'm glad this event seems to be working at all levels:)
*note: I couldn't find a way to say this without sounding like I work for inno. I do not, but I like the game enough that I find giving feedback to the devs to be a kind of mini game.

DeletedUser2174

@Yoxlade
Awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted.* Newer players don't give nearly as much feedback as others, so sometimes they can be left behind in the balancing, I'm glad this event seems to be working at all levels:)
*note: I couldn't find a way to say this without sounding like I work for inno. I do not, but I like the game enough that I find giving feedback to the devs to be a kind of mini game.
when the hazeltowns hit, (having waited till finishing advanced scouts). It was having knicker fits about too much culture. the first prize will be good till dwarves at least.

I have been commenting as well .one bug was making another that they did not notice till I told them. I wanted to buy a kp with tier 3. it was wrong tier 3.

edeba

Chapter VIII has useless prizes from all events. There is an enormous jump in prize value from chapter 8 to 9. I suggest going for perhaps the military enhancement prizes that are 50% stronger military or the instances if you are stuck in chapter 8... Chapter 8 is the worst place to be for events.

Yes, but then also let them know that the prizes for this event ain't good enough. :p I've got Glossy Garden's from chapter VI that are better then the Hazeltown in Chapter VIII. :(

SoggyShorts

Chapter VIII has useless prizes from all events. There is an enormous jump in prize value from chapter 8 to 9. I suggest going for perhaps the military enhancement prizes that are 50% stronger military or the instances if you are stuck in chapter 8... Chapter 8 is the worst place to be for events.
Exactly! This is probably the best event so far for chapter 8 players, at least they can get something that isn't garbage in 2 weeks.

DeletedUser2221

I run a number of cities ranging from Evo II to just finishing Evo V, and though I do really begrudge the number of forced "buy x KP" when the tally does not reset (crucifying for the smallest cities), I have found on the whole my smaller are able to charge through the requirements much faster.
Instants or Buildings.jpg

Rather intrigued at the cosmetic change to the unplaced prizes in the Summonings tab, they now look like Instants - but not all of them!! Is it a bug on the ones that have changed appearance, a bug on those that have not or is there a rhyme/reason for the difference?

SoggyShorts

Rather intrigued at the cosmetic change to the unplaced prizes in the Summonings tab, they now look like Instants - but not all of them!! Is it a bug on the ones that have changed appearance, a bug on those that have not or is there a rhyme/reason for the difference?
With the introduction of instants inno is trying to follow the somewhat universal item rarity color scheme from RPGs. New buildings get this treatment, but they didn't bother adding it to anything introduced before instants.
colorrare.png

DeletedUser2174

Exactly! This is probably the best event so far for chapter 8 players, at least they can get something that isn't garbage in 2 weeks.
barely. my orc games in live are not getting much. a 4x4 in place of a 3x5 for an extra 5 people per square is not worth the tetris

palmira

I started the event in chapter 1, I am now in the first researches for chapter 3 and I have finished the event without problems yesterday or the day before ( the prizes will be completely obsolete in a few weeks I am afraid but were and are a great help for a new city).. The really difficult quests for me were the ones to either buy KPs (i couldn't) or win x encounters. I timed the relics ones with the tourneys so they were not that bad.

I have the first and second prizes, I am short of 300 sprouts for the third, if we will have another double sprout day maybe a chance if i am lucky :)

Dhurrin

Actually I agree. 1 double sprout day is ok.
But I really don't mind the 3rd grand prize being out of reach for non-paying players. Players who are willing to pay should be getting some exclusive stuff. I feel putting that 3rd grand prize out of reach for non-paying players was a fair move.

Of course, I'm not even going to make it to the second one here, but that's because I'm just not active enough

SoggyShorts

barely. my orc games in live are not getting much. a 4x4 in place of a 3x5 for an extra 5 people per square is not worth the tetris
You misunderstood me. The pop&culture buildings are still very bad for chapter 8 players.
What I meant was that this event offers instants and 5 day buildings that are not tied to your chapter, so orc players can go for those.

DeletedUser2174

You misunderstood me. The pop&culture buildings are still very bad for chapter 8 players.
What I meant was that this event offers instants and 5 day buildings that are not tied to your chapter, so orc players can go for those.
True. my little beta game today's 25% health booster and double sprouts does not look bad. and there are just a few days left. Came on to see thoughts on today's item. would still have to get nuts almost every selection, bot close to third prize and almost done with quests.

and I have over a dozen 14 hour time instants on a chapter 3 account. those will last mea long time as nothing takes that long yet.

DeletedUser283

wow ! I just landed the third prize, and I am all crazy about it :p
not that the prize itself is that amazing:confused:, but I managed to take advantage of double days and got the McGuffin right before the time bell rings :)
and, no, I did not spend diamonds (I don't have enough of them for that)

SoggyShorts

wow ! I just landed the third prize, and I am all crazy about it :p
not that the prize itself is that amazing:confused:, but I managed to take advantage of double days and got the McGuffin right before the time bell rings :)
and, no, I did not spend diamonds (I don't have enough of them for that)
One of the most common complaints about all events was that the 3rd prize was locked behind a paywall. I find inno's solution to be rather perfect. Now if a player really wants that third prize they can get it with effort and a little sacrifice (lack of choice on daily prizes) Well done devs, and congrats @Philplessis

DeletedUser118

Is there a reason why you changed the stats of the Flourishing Nutcave building so it gives Mana? It didn't till today and now thx to that change I have to rearrange a few things. o_O

DeletedUser2003

Is there a reason why you changed the stats of the Flourishing Nutcave building so it gives Mana? It didn't till today and now thx to that change I have to rearrange a few things. o_O
Yes, and it was so lovely as a 2x3 culture building, easy to find a place for, and very pretty to look at, but now the ones I placed in my city look like dead sticks that I forgot to water :( Being in Ch. 6, this was a really nice 740 culture only building that I was glad to win several of. At my level, IF I rearrange things and connect them to roads, each will give 240 culture and some supplies,166/hr. As it stands now, it's not even showing that I'm getting the culture value for them, I just see the disconnected circle/slash. I really don't want to have to delete these pretty trees, but for me, they were much more valuable as culture only buildings. I kinda hope this is just a bug... :oops:

DeletedUser118

On today's release note : "We have made the Flourishing Nutcave building a bit more valuable."

That's a matter of opinion. It used to be a good culture building at a useful size.
Now, it has lost 2/3(!!) of its culture and needs a path! Not happy :(

I can only agree here. Not only that I didn't expect such a change, the lowering of the culture sure is heavy. I'm not sure if I will keep this building now as it lost most of its value. o_O