• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion [Discussion] Release Notes version 1.6

DeletedUser1314

The sequence of finding a treasure every 2 cities is pretty predictive. Maybe a good idea to correlate the randomness of finding a treasure with the total amount of discoverred cities instead of a steady sequence.

DeletedUser762

why can t i find treasure even though it says it has been found? looked everywhere but sometimes i can find other times no

DeletedUser867

I've found all of mine in the forest or over on the river bank.. The icon is a gold colored chest that's about the size of a 1x1 bush.

DeletedUser

For now the treasure hunt is a nice gimmick, but I'm afraid it will become boring and annoying real fast.
It already has. Mostly because I don't have time to search for the damn thing. I get this feature is supposed to encourage visiting... so don't make it HARD. I just had one I couldn't find for damn near 5 minutes because it was half way down the cliff face. For a single relic, I got better things to do.

Also agree the increase in catering costs is insane. It's particularly a shame because the release in Winyandor and Arendyll this week with such high catering costs has turned many of my fellows there off Tournaments from the get go - they see them as a goods sink and won't do it. After the magic academy fail, you run the risk of having many leave the game by delivering another 'waste of time' feature... which is sad, because I really liked tournaments when they were cheap and fun.

DeletedUser762

no, in some cities they are just not there, I looked everywhere, they are not there

CrazyWizard

there indeed quite often not there.

The only good thing is they will pop up on another town if you buff those as well.
Today I needed around 8 city's ti find the 3 boxes, 2 gave no treasure, the others did but half the time it wasnt there.

btw, I love this feature, to bad to often the chest is lost.

DeletedUser1596

Tournaments: nice.

Inspiring med.: Ok, I guess, but I would gladly pay some diamonds for permanent increase of storage space for KP.

Neighbourly help: Is still the most irritating feature in the game. Please keep on working on that.

DeletedUser

Edit: nevermind, poor math skills lol

Too much fighting I guess. I would still like to know if they are going to fix the catering costs, or are non fighters excluded from tournaments?

DeletedUser

.... I would still like to know if they are going to fix the catering costs, or are non fighters excluded from tournaments?

And did I hear correctly that the score points for Tournament winners are now 1000 points? Salt in the wound, if so...

DeletedUser

And did I hear correctly that the score points for Tournament winners are now 1000 points? Salt in the wound, if so...

wow, i didn't notice because i payed 0 attention to tournaments on beta this week after seeing the cost, but yes, it is true, prize starts now at 1000 points.

DeletedUser629

With the increase in costs, it's only fair to increase the prize as well.

DeletedUser762

so i found this treasure 1 knowledge point, but it wasnt added to me

DeletedUser

And what about players that don't fight? how are they supposed to compete with such high costs? is it fair that those players are limited to doing maybe a couple of provinces only?

CrazyWizard

Not sure I like this modification in points.
100 was ok, but oh my, players starting today can never get even close to the rest.
I even wonder if there not shooting themselves in the foot with this.

dont forget some people pay big bucks for very expensive buildings with the sole goal of being on top.
with 1k prize points it might create quicksand under that income strategy.

Also it might alienate those people, while the tournaments of for a different type of audience.
So I wonder if the tournaments will create enough income to overcome the loss of players and income from the building buying players.

DeletedUser

This response ignores the fact that the prizes are only available to a few players. Elvenar is officially no longer a PvE game; players now compete against each other for a limited number of rewards. No longer is the reward system equitably available to every player based on their individual accomplishments - now we have to defeat other players in order to rank higher.

DeletedUser629

This response ignores the fact that the prizes are only available to a few players. Elvenar is officially no longer a PvE game; players now compete against each other for a limited number of rewards. No longer is the reward system equitably available to every player based on their individual accomplishments - now we have to defeat other players in order to rank higher.

The prizes are available to all players. It's a player's own choice not to fight. Less advanced players may have cheaper cater costs, but they also have a lot less provinces discovered. Yes, players will have to defeat each other to get the top ranking spots, but that's what tournaments are all about. This might encourage more people to participate in the tournaments.

Not sure I like this modification in points.
100 was ok, but oh my, players starting today can never get even close to the rest.
I even wonder if there not shooting themselves in the foot with this.

dont forget some people pay big bucks for very expensive buildings with the sole goal of being on top.
with 1k prize points it might create quicksand under that income strategy.

Also it might alienate those people, while the tournaments of for a different type of audience.
So I wonder if the tournaments will create enough income to overcome the loss of players and income from the building buying players.

People who pay big bucks can participate in the tournaments like everyone else. However, this gives players who can't afford diamonds, or don't want to buy them, an opportunity to gain 1000 points without spending money. I don't think the heavy spenders will dislike this feature. Players will still need to buy diamonds if they really want a top ranking spot.

DeletedUser

The prizes are available to all players. It's a player's own choice not to fight. ...

No, the prizes are limited, and available only to the top scoring players - so it's a pretty absurd fallacy to say otherwise. All other points in the game are equal and available to everyone - and awarded as the player meets the "environment's" criteria. Other points can never be taken by another player. Every player gets x points any time they decide to upgrade a building...complete an encounter. No one else can take those points from them by being bigger, faster, better, or more willing to spend.

"It's the players own choice not to fight..." is anther incorrect defense. Even if every player chose to fight and emptied their resources and spent hundreds of dollars....still the rewards would only go to the top 100 players, not everyone who chose to fight. Your argument would only be valid if the tournament was structured like the checkpoints, "every player reaching 500 points gets x reward, every player reaching 1000 points gets y reward, etc.

As for who wins tournaments on live servers...the top winners are either snail players or folks who are practically famous for their fighting skills.

DeletedUser867

All other points in the game are equal and available to everyone
Only the top five contributors get KPs when an Ancient Wonder levels. Tournaments are just the same thing times 20.
  • If folks care about relative rank then they'll perhaps dig a bit deeper
  • If folks don't care about relative rank, then it won't bother them at all
It's a win/win. The important non-PVP concept is that I can ignore my city for a few days, WITHOUT risk to anything that I've already obtained.

CrazyWizard

People who pay big bucks can participate in the tournaments like everyone else. However, this gives players who can't afford diamonds, or don't want to buy them, an opportunity to gain 1000 points without spending money. I don't think the heavy spenders will dislike this feature. Players will still need to buy diamonds if they really want a top ranking spot.

As your also on the dutch server, have you looked at the top players? the ones who spend hundreds of euro's last 1-2 months alone?

nr1: ranked 204
nr2: no rank
nr 3: rank 1104
nr 4: rank 992
nr 5: rank 340
nr 6: no rank
nr 7: rank 12
nr 8: rank 332
nr 9: rank 126
nr 10: rank 1

so thats 2 out of the 10 big spenders

when we look at the tournament t10, there is obviously the national ranked nr 10 there as the nr1 ranked player.
the second spender in the t10 is the nr 17 who spend 60 euro visibly since the introduction of the fairies.

When we start to compare both t10 ranked players (ignoring the one thats in both t10)

the tournament player spend visibly at least 60 euro's since the fairies, the not ranked players spend visibly 4280 euro since the introduction of the fairies.

If people who spend well stop playing because they dont like fighting all the time you seem to loose a significant amount of money, it's a different type of audience who like to fight. so I think it's a risky move at least. if these people can no longer keep up because they need to fight they might stop playing or spending, which might leave a big dent in Innogames Pocket. I am pretty sure the builders are the biggest single source of income in this game. but big spenders also leave quite a mark.

DeletedUser

The prizes are available to all players. It's a player's own choice not to fight. Less advanced players may have cheaper cater costs, but they also have a lot less provinces discovered. Yes, players will have to defeat each other to get the top ranking spots, but that's what tournaments are all about. This might encourage more people to participate in the tournaments.

We are told specifically during the tutorial that in this game we have the choice of fighting or negotiating! We have a quest that tells every new players both paths are acceptable ways of playing the game! Let me repeat this, it is Inno's own tutorial on how to play the game that tells players they don't have to fight if they don't wish to, that negotiating is just a good way to play the game.

Then, why are the tournaments so heavily skewed against non fighters?
Fighting is pretty time consuming, so it will be very hard for players who play in more than one world to compete that way in all their worlds. So what this does is in fact discourage players from playing ( and spending cash i might add), in more than one world, since any city beyond their main fighting one will be severely gimped and unable to do anything in the tournaments.

So it is only unfair but it is also a stupid move, because the more cities a player has, the more likely he is to buy diamonds and hence increase Inno's revenue!