• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The truth about neighborhood!

DeletedUser1126

I have discovered about 14 neighbours. About 4 of them seem to work on their city. I haven't checked visit ratios because that's not important to me. I rather have other players take my fair trades than shove X amount of coins in my city hall.
Having played a little over a week I feel there's an imbalance between Knowledge Points, research and goods. Culture is also something I don't understand properly. But I can't pinpoint exactly what is wrong to describe it all, just that something is... off. Imbalance.

But anyway, if any of you see my trades feel free to help me. I only produce boosted goods (planks) because I just don't want to produce goods that are not boosted.

DeletedUser338

Culture, right now, is simply not worth it. Just have enough for your buildings, but don't try to get any of the bonuses, because it's way more efficient to build extra residences and workshops instead.

DeletedUser1151

I still no trade, becouse FEE is too high, and i'm not willing to give "gift" to trader, and many ppl demand too much for too small ammount of resources.

DeletedUser338

You're not willing to gift and you're not willing to pay. I guess you're not gonna come far that way.

DeletedUser1151

i will gladly give to someone ppl ress for help then give to traider, i trade with players not with trader, and for now, traider will got huge nothing

DeletedUser

For example:
I'm offering:
110 Marbles and demand 100 Steel or Planks.
110 Crystals and ask for 100 Silk or Scrolls. // 380 Steel or Planks
55 Exlixir for 45 MagicDust or Gems // 780 Steel or Planks

This gives me three stars at the traders rating, called bargain for customers. (It shall be a small courtesy to my neighbours - if they have still discovered me yet or not)
And sometimes someone comes by to buy something. ;)

DeletedUser

in my world few players do like that and so I can help them accepting their offers even if I've not discovere them yet :)

DeletedUser1151

That is alright, i understand you, i try similar, but ppl like not see, and your offer is really too fair, but you are one in 100 or 1000 who wants trade like that, i see many ppl demand huge ammount for little compensation (exp. 5:1 or more), if you understand me, sorry on my bad english

DeletedUser

That is alright, i understand you, i try similar, but ppl like not see, and your offer is really too fair, but you are one in 100 or 1000 who wants trade like that, i see many ppl demand huge ammount for little compensation (exp. 5:1 or more), if you understand me, sorry on my bad english

To clarify this intention of mine: At the beginnig of this game I couldn't sell anything. All I produced I needed for my own progress and I bought at the trader because there were no offers that met my needs.
Now, finally, after I've worked hard for weeks to grow my city, I'm able to set offers to the market.
The offers from my neighbours are not acceptable in most cases. So I said to myself, try offering bargains. Maybe this helps. And now I can sell some goods every day.

DeletedUser338

For example:
I'm offering:
110 Marbles and demand 100 Steel or Planks.
110 Crystals and ask for 100 Silk or Scrolls. // 380 Steel or Planks
55 Exlixir for 45 MagicDust or Gems // 780 Steel or Planks

This gives me three stars at the traders rating, called bargain for customers. (It shall be a small courtesy to my neighbours - if they have still discovered me yet or not)
And sometimes someone comes by to buy something. ;)

This only gives you a 3-star rating to players who have discovered you though, not to those who haven't.

DeletedUser

Culture, right now, is simply not worth it. Just have enough for your buildings, but don't try to get any of the bonuses, because it's way more efficient to build extra residences and workshops instead.

AS i have said many times before you can still play this game with maintaining the maximum bonus all by yourself if u play it strategically and planned manner ... I am playing that way myself from the start till now (not sure how long i will be able to do that anyways) ... and also there's a big difference when playing this game with and without the culture bonus ... I am playing in the US server without maintaining any culture bonus at all and on this with maximum bonus all through out till now ... I find in this server its much more easier to play the game even after having lot lesser buildings ... I somehow find playing the game more interesting on this than on the US server as the resources I get there are never enough for me ... Always running short in Supplies and Coins even when I have more than the double number of buildings over there ... My progress is damn slow over there because of not having enough players in my neighborhood to help me with the goods... but then I am not able buy my way out with the goods from the wholesaler as I never have enough resources for that ... So having an active neighborhood is very essential and getting the neighborly help regularly for the cultures is even more essential in this game ... those cultures actually cannot be ruled out and game play is much better with them at the maximum ...

DeletedUser

Hi, I also am surrounded by inactive players, which kind of spoils the game for me. I am aware its a Beta and and as such that is the whole point of trying the game out and learning. But aghhh its annoying me, due the expansion problem and the lack of others helping me out...I have to use more and more tiles just to keep my town enthusiastic, also I can not move forward as I don't have enough materials to trade for the more expensive items. I have put money into the game but at this point that will stop until a some of the problems (expansions & lack of participation) is solved.
It very much is bringing the game to a standstill, for me anyway.

DeletedUser

From my point of view it's simple necessary to combine both, culture bonus and trading in any way.
As it is true what the staff is saying "you can't have your culture bonus at highest level by your own because this would take to much place
...." most of us players are depending on the neigbourly help.

DeletedUser

LOL... yes its very much necessary to have both ...Without neighborly help the game does become slow and sometimes for some people just halts / kills the game ...its very very important and the game dev's really have to do something about this inactivity neighborhood issue as a priority other than bug fixing over all other issues ...otherwise more and more players will leave the game without able to play the game at all ....i personally have stopped playing the US server for the time being as I am not able to do anything in the game at all for want of tier 1 and tier 2 goods which I am not getting any in my neighborhood at all ...mainly because its filled with majority of inactive players...Just one or 2 playing over there and unfortunately they have the same goods boost as myself ...so not worth wasting my time over there when i dont have enough resources too to help me....

Here I am playing this game having challenged myself to play it while having the maximum bonus all by myself for as long as I can play with it ... I am currently in level 11-12 all the buildings and still ok with the culture bonus ... but not sure how it will be from now on as the demand for culture is becoming crazier and crazier with each upgrade and requirement ...but i will keep trying till the end if possible ... :)