• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The truth about neighborhood!

DeletedUser

Exactly what I'm experiencing too, Elderflower. For a short time all seemd to turn better at my stock, but now I'm short again in silk and other goods so I have to buy all of my goods at the wholesaler. I wonder why the ppl do not learn. They have their offers online for days and days, not being aware that nobody is buying something....
I agree ..at this point I am waiting on 800 crystals...i dont have a chance of getting them...my tech tree is about to come to a halt as i cant get the resources to move forward. There is one way and that is to spend money hmmmm ...Am i being cynical or what.

DeletedUser

I have about three people who give me culture regularly, it isnt enough when your city gets larger, so now what I have decided after spending the last week or so at no higher than 100% to get rid of all my culture and put up residences and workshops to make up the deficit

DeletedUser

I have about three people who give me culture regularly, it isnt enough when your city gets larger, so now what I have decided after spending the last week or so at no higher than 100% to get rid of all my culture and put up residences and workshops to make up the deficit
Actually being an elf myself I can tell you with 100% certainty and proof (my city) that you can actually play this game while maintaining the maximum culture bonus all by yourself without any neighborly help :D ... Wouldn't really know about humans city and buildings in advanced stages as I am not able to do much on the US server where I am playing as human but for Elves if they can plan and play strategically it can be done ... and IMHO it does make a lot of difference playing with maximum culture bonus and without it ... but needs a lot patience though ...:p

Elderflower

Today I just noticed about 3 or 4 inactive players have now vanished from my neighbourhood map. I look forward to meeting the new neighbours whoever they are.

DeletedUser

I have lost 30 people today of which I would have received 210k coins, now I have to wait for ages :(

DeletedUser

...we must have hope...:confused:
Until now, my ex neighbours are not replaced yet...:(

DeletedUser

I'm also experiencing inactive neighbor problems. The biggest issue for me is lack of trading. The neighborly help is a plus in the game, but can be overlooked, imo. I seem to have only 1 neighbor(discovered) who posts trades and he/she is much more advanced than me. So the trades are far to large in quantity for me to accommodate. I have messaged this player requesting smaller amounts, but to no avail. I have had a few random trades taken from time to time, but not nearly what I need. I am resigned to producing unboosted goods and waiting a long time to accomplish my goals. I am currently holding 10 knowledge points and have no way to spend them until I get enough goods to unlock the next tech. Meanwhile, any advancement on my world map is rather in vein as I don't get the new knowledge points I deserve.

I'm not sure what can be done about this as I don't think neighborhood shuffling is in the plans. At least I don't see how this would be accomplished...you would lose the present advancement on solved provinces, wouldn't you?

DeletedUser

caveman, you really have a big problem: if you're not able to trade goods with your neighbours, it's not amazing to play the game:confused:

DeletedUser

I'm also experiencing inactive neighbor problems. The biggest issue for me is lack of trading. The neighborly help is a plus in the game, but can be overlooked, imo. I seem to have only 1 neighbor(discovered) who posts trades and he/she is much more advanced than me. So the trades are far to large in quantity for me to accommodate. I have messaged this player requesting smaller amounts, but to no avail. I have had a few random trades taken from time to time, but not nearly what I need. I am resigned to producing unboosted goods and waiting a long time to accomplish my goals. I am currently holding 10 knowledge points and have no way to spend them until I get enough goods to unlock the next tech. Meanwhile, any advancement on my world map is rather in vein as I don't get the new knowledge points I deserve.

I'm not sure what can be done about this as I don't think neighborhood shuffling is in the plans. At least I don't see how this would be accomplished...you would lose the present advancement on solved provinces, wouldn't you?

Just a suggestion ... Increase your culture bonus, if possible, to maximum bonus ... get as many residences as possible ... start collecting coins by visiting all your discovered neighbors everyday ... you will keep getting good amount of coins ...Use the wholesaler for the time being ... buy the goods you need for the next research using your coins ... Stop all upgrades ... and stop making army also for sometime .. collect your coins and supplies ... do not use supplies to buy goods from the wholesaler ... Also Get rid of the non-boosted Manufactory and build more of your boosted goods manufactory ... just place a few trades ...if your lucky some one will pick them at some point of time ...Look out for that player on the map and see how u soon can u reach him....over time you will find a few players taking your trades ...so maintain some trades in the market all the time .... if u can collect some good amount of supplies start training only the army you will need to conquer the boosted goods relic provinces ...increase the boost as much as possible ... thats the only way you can play for the time being IMHO ... similar problem for me in the US server and thats how i have been coming out it any deadlocks ...there will be a stage when 4-5 researches can be done even without completing the previous researches ...fight the map battles at that time so that your KPs do not go waste ... of course this is all my suggestion and the way I would have / am playing in your situation ...(but needs patience ..lots of it ...)

DeletedUser

LOL... @Alexander1972 : You a devil worshiper?? :D...No ..I am nowhere near great ....there are many many players who can be called great ...and even many more much better players than me ...I just consider myself as a survivor ... always try to survive situations ...thats all ....:p

its just that I am also in a similar situation on the other server ....and this is how i turned around to get a solution from that situation ...So trying to help now others if at all they wish to take my suggestion ...not a good one but still I am able to progress on the research tree ...I am able to do a few battles here and there ... and I am also getting the goods needed for me ...all of it takes time ...a long time ...but atleast it does not get locked down ...

DeletedUser

ddevil is great as always ;)
Only alexandre9 which is great! o_O
^^

@ddevil : You are right . You must use the wholesaler more as possible ! You remember the conversation we had about culture? (in the game) Well revisit my city, you will see that I have much more than before culture. And it will not stop there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@ddevil : You are right . You must use the wholesaler as possible ! You remember the conversation we had about culture? (in the game) Well revisit my city, you will see that I have much more than before culture. And it will not stop there ;)

Hope you seeing the difference in the game play how it was before having good culture bonus and now after increasing it ...by the way just for info the cultures are also like other buildings in the game ...you will need to keep upgrading them to the next better one's in the build menu ...and i dont mean only the big one's ...even the smaller cultures ...as and when you upgrade other buildings in your city ...that way the bonus level will not decrease much.......just keep updating them with the latest and I am sure you will be able to maintain the bonus level as you progress ....;)

DeletedUser1120

In my neighbourhood everyone has gotten elixir as their boosted 3 tier good. And buying 1200 gems to complete a tech is expensive. Haven't seen any neighbour disappear either, and why put fresh fish close to large players? Nothing to be gained for us from that, would make more sense to group active players together. I've already quit US server due to lack of trading partners, I give beta one more week to see what happens.

DeletedUser

I'm really sad to read all these negative posts about trades: something good must happens as soon as possible! :(