• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The truth about neighborhood!

DeletedUser199

Hi folks!

Here comes the truth about neighborhood!:eek:

During the last 4 weeks I have been watching, contacting and analyzing my neighborhood.

These are the facts:

I have completed 76 provinces and discovered 69 neighbors.
From those 69 neighbors 45 have to be considered inactive as there was no improvement of their score within the last 4 weeks.
Nevertheless I contacted all of them writing them one or more messages. In these messages I also mentioned that we could communicate in Spanish or German, too.

I received 12 answers.

Three of them were written in foreign languages others as English, German or Spanish (Hungarian, Italian, Russian). Obviously with these 3 players there was no further communication possible.

Another three (of the 12) players answered me in German as they considered their knowledge of the English language as insufficient.

Two of them didn’t know how to give neighborly help properly. They visited their neighbors, pressed the”hands-butten” under the player symbol, but didn’t know that they still had to choose a building to which the help would be dedicated. They didn’t receive money or supplies, their neighbors didn’t receive any help.

Four of 24 active players haven’t discovered me yet.

Summary:

neighbors: 69 players (100%)
inactive: 45 players (65%)
active: 24 players (35%)

Let’s consider now the active players (24 players =100%) only:

answering players: 12 (50%)
insufficient knowledge of language: 6 players (25) %
lack of knowledge of how to do neighborly help: 2 players (8%)
neighbors who haven’t discovered me yet: 4 players (16 %)

Drawing a pessimistic picture would be like this:

69 neighbors
- 45 inactive Players
- 12 players who aren’t able or don't want to get in contact with me
- 6 players with insufficient knowledge of the English language
- 4 players who haven’t discovered me yet
- 2 players who don`t know how to give neighborly help properly
=========
0 players who could give me neighborly help :(

:):):):):):):):)

Actually I receive neighborly help of 4 players a day (average).
That is 5% of all 69 neighbors or 17 % of all active players.

Positive: after my “messaging” 4 players started to give me neighborly help (from time to time). With 5 of the 12 players I communicate several times a week.

;)So, taking my example as valid for the whole community, everybody who receives more than zero neighborly help should be very happy about it! :p

Please excuse my poor knowledge of maths .;)

DeletedUser

Im seeing pretty much the same thou haven't done the math. My searches now take 5+ hours and i have 9 neighbours that help fairly often, i am over 50 discovered and id say about the same percent you showed is how many are inactive. They really need something like FoE has ( i know ppl hate using FoE as a example) with hood shuffle, and inactives disappearing after x amount of time.

DeletedUser118

The rate of inactive players is way too high to call this feature "useful" so in the end its up each its own if you wanna use it or not. ^^

Btw, I was one of those players too who didn't know you have to choose a bulding to add the help to it. Only found out after I saw it here on the forum.

DeletedUser

Lucky I didn't have the problem. I have betwee 10 and 20 neigbors out of 35 who help. I get help of around 5/6 neighbors a day sometimes all of them.

DeletedUser967

I understand you problem - I have the same. I have ~20 neighbors where SOMETIMES 2-3 of them give me neighborly help where I do it everyday for all of them ( active + inactive ). It's big problem because if all inactive players stay forever then much players could be dissatisfied - it is obviously why.

DeletedUser420

I have 55 neighbors, I get 4-5 visits per day (8-10 on weekends).
When I had 30 neighbors I used to get 6-8 visits.
Out of those 6-8 only 1 is still a regular and maybe 3 more on weekends or around updates.
My biggest issue is that out of 15 people that have possible silk boost, 12 of them quit before even starting, 2 of them quit before researching silk, and my favourite, spent obscene amount of diamonds, reached top 10 in rankings and after about 3 days of activity was never to be seen again.
:(

DeletedUser

I'm lucky to get 2 visits with 50 neighbors. tho same issues as porfirio. its about time to find a new game i fear.

DeletedUser252

Out of 34 neighbors I have 1 steady daily visitor, and 1 who visite me sometimes.
Nobody is producing scrolls though :confused:

DeletedUser

Yes yes yes :) but wait one day and ask me, I can help than :-D

DeletedUser

I have scrolls myselfandi, but I cant find you on the map. Im not sure how far away we are.

DeletedUser594

Think we're all in the same boat! Just found one of my active neighbors has departed
the game as most buildings have been deleted! Name - Dreckwerfelve..
Don't think our Inno devs trying hard enough, real shame....

DeletedUser503

I have 55 neighbors, I get 4-5 visits per day (8-10 on weekends).
When I had 30 neighbors I used to get 6-8 visits.
Out of those 6-8 only 1 is still a regular and maybe 3 more on weekends or around updates.
My biggest issue is that out of 15 people that have possible silk boost, 12 of them quit before even starting, 2 of them quit before researching silk, and my favourite, spent obscene amount of diamonds, reached top 10 in rankings and after about 3 days of activity was never to be seen again.
:(
Hello Porfirio. Thank you for your daily help. Am I the only one left who visits you and helps every day? That's pretty
sad because you have been so loyal in helping me, you deserve better neighbors.

DeletedUser420

Hello Porfirio. Thank you for your daily help. Am I the only one left who visits you and helps every day? That's pretty
sad because you have been so loyal in helping me, you deserve better neighbors.

You're welcome, but no, I wasn't talking about you, that would be really sad. I have a neighbor that's visiting since my day one and I think we share at least 3 other (some more serious than other).

DeletedUser

Good evening everyone,
(Good night for I am in Brazil and are 22:40)
Use the google translator, forgive my English,
Of the 37 neighbors 7 motivated me today, more than 20 of these 37 are inactive as well, which ends up hindering the development of all, because the market I get few offers.
As for al complicates communication. I am Brazilian, neighbors who answered me:
Italian one,
US one,
one Hungarian,
a Frenchman,
a Russian,
ai using the google translator can imagine the complication to communicate, but with some effort on both sides are getting.
To serve as an example never had contact with the Cyrillic alphabet, use a program to transcribe the message in Russian and then step into the google translator.

How are few active the market is scarce, thus hindering our evolution, that we only use so far, planks, marble, steel.

Sorry, my native language is Portuguese!

Unluckily found no neighbor Portugal, Brazil, or even Spanish-speaking countries.

But follow fighting!

DeletedUser

Hello,
I don't know the exact number of my neighboor (I hate math ! ) but i'm in the same situation : almost all ùy neighboor is inactive and their rank is 10000 or upper (some are 20000 or + !). They build one or two residences and manifestly stop the game !
It's a big problem because they don't returne neigbbor help and my citizen are'nt enthusiamic.
Thanks for the 9 or 10 neighboors that return help ! But actually is insuffisant for increase my percent of satisfaction !
It's a bad way of gaming !
why inno don't melange the neighboor ?
When are we alliance (guilde in french: i'm french people)

DeletedUser

the problem what we face now of a huge number of inactive neighbors maybe attributed to the fact that this is CLOSED BETA where only a few players are allowed to TEST the game which is very much in its preliminary stage (hopefully) ... But at the same time the dev's have to consider that this can also be a major problem when the game goes on Live servers after a few months of players playing it ...they do have to think of some solution to shuffling of the neighbors mainly the inactive one's...Games like FOE this will not be that difficult as the neighbors are random but in this game its more complex as they might have to change the whole map structure if in case they need to shuffle the neighbors ... I do hope the alliance / grouping / guild system is also planned already and it will be in the game soon or later so the neighborly help issue I presume is mostly related to this CLOSED BETA only (again hopefully) ...But something really needs to be done with the shuffling of neighborhood frequently as we will be having quite a few inactive players on Live servers too and it doesnt really work well / look good playing with inactive neighbors even though being in some kind of grouping system ...