• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The truth about neighborhood!

DeletedUser205

nice to hear that @Elderflower.
would you possibly share your arguments that helped encourage your new neighbors to stay active,
just for the case I get one :D

DeletedUser

Of course, it's not a problem they are beginners...all of us have been as them... The most important thing is that they don't leave the game jsut at the beginning of it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser205

I think it IS a problem, if most of my neighbors are newstarters. they will have only tier1 goods to trade for some weeks,
and about 60% will quit very soon as we saw the last weeks.
I will welcome every serious neighbor, but I will love advanced neighbors to trade with

DeletedUser231

Must be hard for the devs to find a solution to the inactive player problem!
My NH has the same problems! At least I get 1300 gold from those inactive
players!! ;) If there was more positive improvement in the game more
players would hang around longer! By that I mean to have a few giveaways,
this game just doesn't have! Maybe there isn't enough interest to keep Elvenar
going!!!??:rolleyes:
Just an afterthought: This would be my last Beta released by Inno, ever...
They've done a much better job with FOE..shame!

It is quite easy solution. When a player is inactive and removed from the map a Computer generated player is substituted in it's place. Then the very barren map is automatically filled as time goes by with new players. Then when you visit a computer operated player you are automatically visited by them. So if you polish their culture you automatically get the same etc.

DeletedUser205

@RugBug but what is with the trader and the 200-restriction??
will the computergenerated player trade???

DeletedUser231

Well in a sense the trader computer has a trading feature, very expense mind you.

200 Restriction? Please expand on this, not heard about it.

DeletedUser867

Your potential trading partners are the cities you have discovered (no transaction fee) plus an additional 3-4 rings of adjacent undiscovered cities ( 50% transaction fee ).

The 200 city pool limit just keeps the size of your trade list under control, and limits the number of trades with a 50% fee.

What we're still missing is an Overview Map, or a link in the ranking list that would allow you locate a nearby city that's offering some fabulous trades, all with a 50% fee because they're undiscovered, so that you can fight your way toward their city and thereby eliminate the %50 fee.

One of the relevant suggestions for a Overview map is at https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...t-the-world-through-hsl-colored-glasses.2439/

DeletedUser231

Thank you, did not know that. My discovered area is rapidly becoming vacant and the undiscovered area is a vast wasteland.

I have stopped even going to the map. so many times my system has frozen and or flash crashes constantly. I cclean all my internet trash but the problem never goes away. Funny I can watch many HD movies.....But when I attempt to motor around the map it studders, locks up then I wait for Flash to crash. I keep my flash up to date at all times.

My trader is all but useless now, with so many undiscovered players and so so expensive to attempt to reach them.

I have all but stopped buying premium for premium culture buildings, half my city would be full of them and so so expensive.

So in truth my neighborhood is becoming a wasteland and soon all of the surrounding area, will be. Very few players are visiting me and I stopped asking for my culture to be polished a lost cause.

This should have been thought out thoroughly prior to releasing this game into beta.

If a problem develops think of a solution prior to it being a problem. Like the following scenario:

What happens to inactives?
What happens when no one visits anyone?
What happens to players culture when no one visits?

etc etc etc...In other words be pro-active with solutions prior to the problem ever developed. It is called solution solving and worse case scenarios. That way the game is prepared with a back-up plan of action.

What kind of plan did they have when 80% of the map becomes barren?

DeletedUser

I have discovered about 14 neighbours. About 4 of them seem to work on their city. I haven't checked visit ratios because that's not important to me. I rather have other players take my fair trades than shove X amount of coins in my city hall.
Having played a little over a week I feel there's an imbalance between Knowledge Points, research and goods. Culture is also something I don't understand properly. But I can't pinpoint exactly what is wrong to describe it all, just that something is... off. Imbalance.

But anyway, if any of you see my trades feel free to help me. I only produce boosted goods (planks) because I just don't want to produce goods that are not boosted.
Yes you are correct about the balance in regards to Culture. I was advised to reduce culture and therefore free up space as the returns where not that great in relation to more workshops, dwellings etc.. But later on you do need some culture as the game requires you to build them to gain certain rewards and upgrades. The point I'm at now is i cant get enough trades of items that i require or for that matter enough items form workshops to progress. So i have come to a dead stop for the last 4 days.

DeletedUser594

@elflord29 , Posted this before and got a lot of flak!
Still of the opinion that Culture/Bonus needs a lot of upgrading
and I'm ignoring both! That means I'm running at 100%, no bonus!
I put up all production I need and some! If in need of space I reduce
my culture buildings as well! I must be doing something correct as I'm
at below 170 at the moment!! Some of my Production Buildings are at
Excess at the moment, but will reduce as I'm upgrading! Still ignoring
the Armies as well, but have upgraded my barrack in the hope something
will be done about what I call a MESS!! I used to run 3 barracks at first,
but deleted 2 of them a while back! More space for other buildings!! Cheers

Elderflower

@elflord29 , Posted this before and got a lot of flak!
Still ignoring
the Armies as well, but have upgraded my barrack in the hope something
will be done about what I call a MESS!! I used to run 3 barracks at first,
but deleted 2 of them a while back! More space for other buildings!! Cheers
Me too. I have one barracks and one armory, for quests. I don't really see the point in having any more. As you say, they just take up space that could have more useful buildings.

DeletedUser

My problem is the same. At least 60% of my neighbours are gone, one of my really active neighbour left the game, my remaining active neighbours and I demand mostly same products!
I understand the "cleaning" of the inactive players but it has not been for the better unfortunately. Because even if they were inactive, at least I had the chance to use them as money source by visiting. Now there are only big gaps in my neighbourhood and also, although I struggle a lot with battles and sometimes pay-offs, the new territories to be discovered also appears to be blank!! I don't know what direction to go :confused:

After the removal of the inactive players, the remaining ones could be shuffled just like in FoE, or the gaps could be removed which would end up with the closest players becoming neighbours.

I don't know but this huge gap on the map makes the game less appealing :(

DeletedUser

I am glad the inactives have gone, but trade is slow and active players are slow at aiding, I currently only have two i can depend on, It would help if we have in game chat. I know the reason we don't is because it needs to be family friendly and some people do not know what that means. I will admit in the beginning on forge I was told off a few times, but i think if we still playing, were all to act as chat moderators and keep chat clean, that would work too. please give us chat and guilds or Guilds and guild chat, that way we can communicate with each other and I will not log in every day wondering what I am doing still logging into this game that really does not give me much in the way of contact with anyone except my elf people, who do not talk to me either, except one, I call him Beta elf, he keeps asking me to help him get off the continuous walk around the city and get him a horse and cart or something, Oh! wait a minute, that might just be my wishfull thinking again lol

DeletedUser594

Hi again, slowly advancing as I'm setting up new culture buildings giving 1200!
However they're taking up the space of 2 smaller ones giving 400 each, but slowly
getting there! I'm resorting and level my production buildings as well!
My happiness remaining at 100% and can't see any improvement in the near future.
Armies are still on hold and my neighborhood and trading is still very poor!
Seems that the devs got some work ahead of them!!
Replacement of inactive players is a bit of a laugh as they get replaced by, wait for it,
more inactive players....:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Yes, actually we must have a lot of patience 'cause, as Marindor have very well explained in another post, developers are working hard for us and in the next future they'll realize the guild system and it's not a small thing to do...;)

DeletedUser594

Got my happiness up to 150% for the first time with the help of 3 neighbors!
Put up my last culture building today, my Neighborhood is as poor as ever!
Some replacements are just 1 day lookers! No sign of improvement at all!
I used to have up to 6 visitors to my city a while back, now it's only 3....
Trading is mostly a dream as most trades carry that silly 50% tax!
If Inno's looking for a replacement for FOE, this ain't it!!
Why do I say this? Lots of Players there think that game is slowly coming to
a halt!? Only one more age to come is the rumor there!!...:(