• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The truth about neighborhood!

DeletedUser967

the problem what we face now of a huge number of inactive neighbors maybe attributed to the fact that this is CLOSED BETA where only a few players are allowed to TEST the game which is very much in its preliminary stage (hopefully)
Thats right they give out keys on FB sometimes but problem is that much people stay here only for a few hours/days and leave. It is closed beta and maybe good step could be remove such players - then map will have much more place for new active players.

DeletedUser

Four players a day?! I'm lucky to get two back in a day. lol :p

And, hey ulQuiorra. Aaron from Goblin Keeper here. lol

Edit by Goryn. Removed the part we consider to be inappropriate for this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser791

I'm an active player, have noticed the same large percentages of inactive players in my neighborhood. Based on the names you use here, none of you are near me. I have 30 neighbors that I have "discovered". Of those about 40 percent appear to be playing. The others seem to have no activity since I began the game.

DeletedUser967

Four players a day?! I'm lucky to get two back in a day. lol :p

And, hey ulQuiorra. Aaron from Goblin Keeper here. lol
Oh Hello nice to see you here ;)

Today I plan to discover new neighbors so I wonder how many active of them there will be....

Edit by Goryn. Removed the inappropriate part from the quoted text.

DeletedUser

Only 3 of my 47 Neihbours visit me, a lot looks like inactive.
I think here is many to do, inactive Neightbours don´t make fun.

DeletedUser

No matter how we look at it, the longer we play, the more you realize that Elvenar was designed to play on your own. If it was a disk playing in my cd drive I could not have had less interaction with others. The FACT that we complain, ask, beg for a different trading system and nothing has changed, tells me that Elvenar approves of the lame trading system they are offering. What I find totally shocking is that they have taken in more thousands of people on to the game without improving on our complaints and requests first. 2 huge players in my already screwed up neighbourhood stopped playing and I can tell you it is about trades being impossible. When I started playing, I was told here on the forum that to produce non boosted goods was not worth it. UNTRUTH! Do the math and take into account that there are very few if any people to trade with. I was told that as my neighbourhood grew so would my trading partners. UNTRUTH!!! I am on the brink of giving up like the approximate 50 out of my neighbourhood of 60.
My enthusiasm for this game has gone and my appreciation for Forge of Empires has escalated.

DeletedUser283

I think I am a lucky guy : several active players in my neighborhood (at least one is speaking french and is friend from FoE ;) ), most of my offers go within a few days and I can find offers that suit my needs so far;
only problem is steel, but I can manage with the wholesaler

DeletedUser

Only one player responds to messages in my hood so far. That could be my animal magnetism at work though...;) o_O :(

DeletedUser

2 huge players in my already screwed up neighbourhood stopped playing and I can tell you it is about trades being impossible

It may also be related to the fact, that actually or in the near future there is no new content for those players, this is even more boring than bad trading possibilities.

DeletedUser

It may also be related to the fact, that actually or in the near future there is no new content for those players, this is even more boring than bad trading possibilities.
How many people actually play until they get to that point though? I know I don't want this game to end up going the same way Goblin Keeper did.

DeletedUser

More than the difficulty of trade I find depressing lack of polishing by neighbors, currently to have the 150% increase in production I would need 1286 points culture and with only 4 of 25 neighbors who motivate me is virtually impossible to get that score.
It seems that the only solution is to spend diamonds to construct buildings of culture more efficient but I think this will encourage many players to leave this game, I understand that the InnoGames is devoted to profit but greed can be counterproductive.

DeletedUser

I have like 5 guys I know are active, I motivate buildings every day and they never hit me back. Inactivity is one thing but that's not even nice. :p

DeletedUser205

2 huge players in my already screwed up neighbourhood stopped playing

My motivation to polish whatever at my neighbors is sunken very mutch. It is boring to do that every day with around 70 neighbors and you don't need the coins out of that very much if you are near "the end" of the game because you had to build a lot of residences to get enough population and those resis are creating coins over coins now. In watching my behavior over the last 2 weeks I can say, I do it only every other day or less and mostly only a part of neighbors because there is really no fun in that clickingmarathon. Next week I try at least to polish those neighbors, who helped me daily over the last weeks (and that are 4-5).

In the same time I stopped shuffling sidequests to my favor. That is a boring action too and I don't need it any more because of enough output of residences and workshops (that means sidequestpowerusing is not the reason for not polishing neighbors any more).

IMHO the coins output of residences for advanced players and the coins output for polishing neighborhood leads to an overflow of coins and that is a not very well overthought gamemechanic. At end of game you don't need to buy goods for coins at wholesaler, because you produce enough boosted goods for buying the other needed stuff (and at the end of upgradings you even don't need any more goods).

DeletedUser

@ sorella: I get frustrated with the inactivity from other players, but seems you got boredom as a main complaint...comfortable place to be but....LMHO!! What will you do at the end of the game? :p
I am so lucky that I found a dear elve in my neighbourhood who actually have a conversation with me this last day...you can not imagine how I look forward to her posts. ;)

DeletedUser205

well, I had to get used to the inactivity of most of my neighbors too. Many had quitted after they had build some buildings, others are active playing but never polish and never answer mails (perhaps no englishknowledge?).

On the other hand_ after hard month as a guildadmin in another game it was sort of relaxing, to be only responsible of my own.

What will I do at the end of the game? Nothing I think. Last look onto my finished city and that's it. I'm not really close with elvenar, although I had some fun in rebuilding my city several times. I don't like the graphic of the higher upgraded buildings (as I mentioned in some other threads) and therefore my heard isn't sad to leave when I finish in a around a month.

DeletedUser

I have like 5 guys I know are active, I motivate buildings every day and they never hit me back. Inactivity is one thing but that's not even nice. :p

Maybe they havent discovered you yet. Thats what I've come to the conclusion of regarding my own lack of neighbourly help

DeletedUser

Or it is to much work... I hate the clicking every day... more than 60 towns.... click click click... it is a very stupid work, but at the moment I need the money. But later I will not clicking any more.

DeletedUser503

Now that the game has gone to a new server with no need for a beta key, how many
will join beta to play? How many will leave beta and go to the new server?
Making the inactive neighborhoods even worse, if that is possible.

DeletedUser118

That's normal behavior. PPl wanna try out their experience from this beta on their worlds. That's nothing that could be stopped or anything. We have to accept that a beta will always have not that many players once the other servers are open. That's the way games like this one work. :)