• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

The truth about neighborhood!

DeletedUser

Wow, you have my full respect for trying so hard to play the game all by yourself. I hope, you will be successful with this manner to play until you reach the glorious end 'thumbs up'

Elderflower

I am interested in seeing these different points of view. For myself, as regards culture, I am trying to maintain 150% on my own so anything more comes from visitors. I get the impression that some of my visitors can only manage to play the game at weekends because they do visit regularly but not every day.
On the trading I do the same as Magic Lucy. If I can't find goods on the market at a fair trade I offer my own at a slightly above market value rate and so far this has kept me supplied with goods as needed.
I'm not entirely sure that the imbalance exists that Wournos mentioned. At different stages in the game I have noticed that I am running short of coins or goods or supplies but as the game goes on this equalises again until I run short of something else - again only temporarily.

DeletedUser

Exactly what I'm experiencing too, Elderflower. For a short time all seemd to turn better at my stock, but now I'm short again in silk and other goods so I have to buy all of my goods at the wholesaler. I wonder why the ppl do not learn. They have their offers online for days and days, not being aware that nobody is buying something....

DeletedUser205

LOL... yes its very much necessary to have both ...Without neighborly help the game does become slow and sometimes for some people just halts / kills the game ...its very very important and the game dev's really have to do something about this inactivity neighborhood issue as a priority other than bug fixing over all other issues ...otherwise more and more players will leave the game without able to play the game at all ....i personally have stopped playing the US server for the time being as I am not able to do anything in the game at all for want of tier 1 and tier 2 goods which I am not getting any in my neighborhood at all ...mainly because its filled with majority of inactive players...Just one or 2 playing over there and unfortunately they have the same goods boost as myself ...so not worth wasting my time over there when i dont have enough resources too to help me....

Here I am playing this game having challenged myself to play it while having the maximum bonus all by myself for as long as I can play with it ... I am currently in level 11-12 all the buildings and still ok with the culture bonus ... but not sure how it will be from now on as the demand for culture is becoming crazier and crazier with each upgrade and requirement ...but i will keep trying till the end if possible ... :)

I agree totally with you @ddevil

After I got all city Expansions,
I tried for 3 weeks to get along with only 100% culture bonus (my neighbors are inactive, I'm lucky if I get 2 polishes a day).
Things went down slow and I invested in culture again to get 125% - things are going better now again.
I read a lot of funny stuff here about culture and "how to play this game".
Those players didn't get till today, that all depends of neighborhood.
If you are born into a halfway active neighborhood, you can get along with less culture,
if not, things are boring slow.
Same with tradingaspects.
IMHO, there ist !NO! way to generally explain "how to play this game" before the devs will polish the problems with inactive neighborhood.

DeletedUser

Wow, you have my full respect for trying so hard to play the game all by yourself. I hope, you will be successful with this manner to play until you reach the glorious end 'thumbs up'

Oh No ... I am not playing this whole game by myself ...Just trying to maintain the culture bonus at the maximum by myself because i found it being useless trying to get it from the inactive neighborhood or playing without it ...so thought will give it a try to maintain it all by myself .... IMHO this game cannot be played by anybody by themselves ....For sure you will need the neighborhood's help till they introduce some kind of groupism / guild/ alliance for goods if not for anything else .... fortunately I have got a couple of good and active neighbors who are playing alongside me all the while and have the goods that i dont have the boosts for and have been very helpful to me whenever I was in need of those goods for my progress....otherwise I would have been stuck in the game with the maximum Culture bonus but no goods to progress ... the costs and requirements for the tier 3 goods and also other goods in later stages of the game is so high that I seriously don't think anybody can manage all that by themselves even if they spend loads of diamonds in the game ...

By the way maintaining culture on our own does have disadvantages and is quite difficult actually ... needs quite a lot of patience ...but i feel its still much better than playing it with lower levels of culture bonus ... If i was able to maintain the same maximum culture bonus from the neighborly help I would have progressed even faster than what I could manage till now ....

Elderflower

I think another problem with culture is that neighbour help only gives 8 hours boost. I only have 9 culture buildings. I have 10 people in my neighbourhood who visit. Since most people will be online around the same time I can have a massive culture boost for part of the time but this cannot be maintained. It would be nice if there was some way of spreading the culture boost over a longer period to average it out a bit.

DeletedUser

I think another problem with culture is that neighbour help only gives 8 hours boost. I only have 9 culture buildings. I have 10 people in my neighbourhood who visit. Since most people will be online around the same time I can have a massive culture boost for part of the time but this cannot be maintained. It would be nice if there was some way of spreading the culture boost over a longer period to average it out a bit.

There's already been a suggestion for this and has already been forwarded to dev's from here ...so its their say now on the implementation part ... As far as I know it really doesn't need much of work to implement for it to be delayed this long and also i don't think it affects the balance of the game in any way but still its taking quite sometime since it has been forwarded ....

DeletedUser

Do I remember right? - The suggestion was to allow to come back for help after 23 hours only, not 24 as before?
This wouldn't help in this case. The bonus time should be increased, too.

DeletedUser

No matter how we look at it, the longer we play, the more you realize that Elvenar was designed to play on your own. If it was a disk playing in my cd drive I could not have had less interaction with others. The FACT that we complain, ask, beg for a different trading system and nothing has changed, tells me that Elvenar approves of the lame trading system they are offering. What I find totally shocking is that they have taken in more thousands of people on to the game without improving on our complaints and requests first. 2 huge players in my already screwed up neighbourhood stopped playing and I can tell you it is about trades being impossible. When I started playing, I was told here on the forum that to produce non boosted goods was not worth it. UNTRUTH! Do the math and take into account that there are very few if any people to trade with. I was told that as my neighbourhood grew so would my trading partners. UNTRUTH!!! I am on the brink of giving up like the approximate 50 out of my neighbourhood of 60.
My enthusiasm for this game has gone and my appreciation for Forge of Empires has escalated.

I totally agree with your comments ...FoE is more interactive, i only hope that the powers that be take note ....otherwise this will not get off the ground.

DeletedUser

Yes, we must be a little bit patients and I'm sure we'll have lovely surprises :D

DeletedUser

I am sorry this might be the beta but the game has already gone live on the US server ... So i dont think that "we are still in beta" statement counts anymore ... The game's losing players everyday both in beta and on the Live Server ... thats not good ... initial word of mouth and keeping the already joined players interested is what will make this game successful ....and this whole discussion is just to make this game not lose players and become a failure in the long run ... Bugs can still be understood but if the whole gameplay is found worthless and boring not many would recommend it to others ...and they will also leave when nothing happens over a period of time .. I was supporting the wait all the while when this was a closed beta but cannot do that anymore...

DeletedUser

Yes, we must be a little bit patients and I'm sure we'll have lovely surprises :D
I have no problem in waiting but at this point I am at a standstill. If the Beta game is an insight to the actual game then at this point should the inactivity of players not be addressed. I do hope the game moves on. The issue is, as already stated, if people are switched off at this point then how can the game be promoted if word of mouth is portraying it as boring. Trades are ridiculous and yet if you don't purchase you will wait a long time to move forward. Like I said, I will give it a chance but im not spending any more money trying to advance only to come to a complete stop a day later.

Elderflower

What I find odd is the number of totally unreasonable offers from other players - 100 steel for 150 scrolls for example, or 50 crystal for 75 magic dust. That seems to me extremely dumb. I don't understand their motives.

DeletedUser

What I find odd is the number of totally unreasonable offers from other players - 100 steel for 150 scrolls for example, or 50 crystal for 75 magic dust. That seems to me extremely dumb. I don't understand their motives.
its not the players who have placed the trade that way ... its the traders fees thats making the trades look that way ... Players you have not discovered as yet will be charged with additional 50% of goods as trader fees ... Move your cursor over the Exclamation mark in yellow and you can see the split up of that trade ...as in your example 100 scrolls as demanded by player and 50 scrolls as traders fees

EDIT: Sorry i read it wrong ... 100 steel for 150 scrolls is a bad trade for sure ...are you sure they are offering 100 steel for 100 /150 scrolls or was it just for example ?? Steel is a tier 1 goods and should be atleast 4 times tier 2 goods to be called fair ...but 50 crystal for 75 magic dust might be a better example to be considered for the traders fees ...50 player demanded + 25 trader fees

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ddevil, yes, that´s the point. I agree.
And helping neigbours not yet discovered, but I read they need help by scrolling their offers in trader....It´s ugly.
How can I help with goods, I havn´t enough myself.. like silk...or scrolls?
In my directly neigborhood all have marble like me^^
Reduce TraderFee or make trade easier !
Yeeough

Elderflower

EDIT: Sorry i read it wrong ... 100 steel for 150 scrolls is a bad trade for sure ...are you sure they are offering 100 steel for 100 /150 scrolls or was it just for example ?? Steel is a tier 1 goods and should be atleast 4 times tier 2 goods to be called fair ...but 50 crystal for 75 magic dust might be a better example to be considered for the traders fees ...50 player demanded + 25 trader fees
The trades I quoted are actual trades from fellow players who are offering lower tier goods at the same rate or lower than higher tier goods.

DeletedUser

ddevil, yes, that´s the point. I agree.
And helping neigbours not yet discovered, but I read they need help by scrolling their offers in trader....It´s ugly.
How can I help with goods, I havn´t enough myself.. like silk...or scrolls?
In my directly neigborhood all have marble like me^^
Reduce TraderFee or make trade easier !
Yeeough

Thats why this long a discussion going on this thread :D ... the problems you are facing is mainly because of the inactive neighborhood ... if we had more players active around us then surely we would have had players with the goods we dont have boosts for ... the map is designed in that way .... By the way its not advisable to have both silks and scrolls in your city... you will have boost for only one of the goods ...you need to build more buildings of that goods and try to trade for the goods you do not have boost ... thats the real way of playing this game ...but since we are having a lot if inactive neighbors it becomes difficult to get the goods from the neighbors ....to increase the amount of boost you need to collect relics of that particular goods .. if its silk you have boost then the more silk relics you collect higher the boost you will get from the silk manufactories ... I have built only 4 silk manufactories and i am able to get the other 2 goods - Crystal and Scrolls - with the help of my neighbors ....enough to last me till the last research on the research tre:ewink:

DeletedUser

Oke, atm I have only boost for marble and crystal.
But tkx for Your further explanations -> boost.
I´m waiting for one of them (silk or scroll) research tree.....wants both. (Ore only one...)
AiAiai