• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Bonus Recalculation - Changes in Culture

DeletedUser

even in the Wiki the calculations are impossible to trace correctly, although the requirements are there, we do not know the variable that is neccesary to create a calculation formula....

DeletedUser

Before maintenance i was in 170% and now after that im in 160% ... This supposed to be better? :/

DeletedUser118

It is not wanted. Innogames doesn't like to give out too many formulas in their games. No matter which one you take. The most formulas you find somewhere are mostly from players.

DeletedUser

This sounds like a solid improvement to me. However this is not sufficient and too many culture is required yet, even for the two first bonus...

50% of my city space will be occuped by cultural buildings for 150% bonus !

DeletedUser

Well Except for the top bonus reducing from 200% to 170% I don't find any difference at all as far as the Cultures are concerned.... I was getting 200% bonus without any help before this ..... Now i m having excess bonus because of 170% bonus limit but at the cost of major reduction in Coins and production output.... Please if someone can explain what's the supposed improvement with this update I can also feel happy about it ...otherwise I am really pissed off for the reduction in the top bonus ... Just like most of the players wanted me to, I waited till the new update was applied and Now i think its valid I show my discontentment on this so called improvement update.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

:(less coins, less supplies. bad job you've done in my opinion.
sorry to all of yours who feel bothered

and sorry for my bad english

DeletedUser119

I now need more culture to reach the first bonus.
I need 5 polish instead of 3 to get 125% . It's rare to get so much help in the same time.

I want even less than before to try to reach the first bonus :(

DeletedUser209

Same us up. Before update I was at 120% without help. Now I'm at 100% and need 1 polished building for 125% bonus. With not so many active neighbors achieving higher bonuses is impossible.

I don't really care for the bonus, because soon I'm going to get to 0 culture surplus again (I sold all my spots of whispering trees for cyclones I recently researched), but with the previous 120% I could get exactly 4000 supplies for 2 hours (2x 1 hour) of production so I could finish the quest within 2 hours. Now I will need to do 2x 1 hours + 1x 15 minutes. Thanks innogames.

DeletedUser224

I need more culture buildings now :(
before I needed 2500 culture to reach 140% and now I need 3300 to reach 150% ... I think it is not a good change.
I'm a little angry ...

I don't understand, where's the benefit??? grrrrrrr

DeletedUser

Like the intention behind the update, but I don't like that the requirements for the first bonus (125%) are much higher than before for 120%. I need more culture buildings than before to reach the first bonus?!:confused:
Cannot say anything to higher levels but because of first level requirements: thumps down -1

DeletedUser

Pardon me, but why does everything have to be of benefit?
Game design is about balance, intuitiveness, exploration and presenting players with interesting challenges at all points... not about making the game (too) easy for players.

DeletedUser

Annoucnement said this will be to be more fair. And is not. If the announcement said that this will be to be taugher, ok i accept without complain.

DeletedUser

IMHO, it only makes sense to speak of fairness among the players of the game / different playing styles, not fairness as in "Now I get less coins and supplies." You get less coins and supplies but so does everyone else. It's fair.

DeletedUser

I need more culture buildings than before to reach the first bonus?!:confused:
Cannot say anything to higher levels but because of first level requirements: thumps down -1

The intention could be that it is a good idea to kill the culture buildings and build more other buildings. At the moment it is the best to have a little bit more culture as needed. So you can save a lot of space and you can build more tier 1,2 or 3 good buildings. It make actually no sense to have more culture buildings as needed.

In my case I have and I had only a little bit more culture as needed, so for me is the chance not so imported. I had every day some hours with 120%... now this is never possible. In the summary this chance is a little bit negative for me, but not much.

DeletedUser224

Pardon me, but why does everything have to be of benefit?
Game design is about balance, intuitiveness, exploration and presenting players with interesting challenges at all points... not about making the game (too) easy for players.
I left my feedback SirReal... here you have to left the feedback for the change, ok? ...and you have left feedback to the players feedback?? :D

DeletedUser

@Denali: I am playing with only a small surplus of culture at 100%. But before the update it was possible to reach 120% with 2 helping hands. Now I need 3 and that is nearly impossible in my hood...
@Sir Real: I do not expect benefits when it's update time. But I expect a release as intended. Reaching the first levels by yourself still leads to a town half filled with culture. So in the end this change solves nothing in this way. Because of the fact I will not reach the 125% level the second feature (knowing how much culture is needed for 150% level) is useless for me. And yes: it's only feedback:D I will deal with it...

DeletedUser

It was possible... and now it is not. This is true :oops:. The word "benefit" is a joke... but why not? :D Jokes are funny, so it is possible that the devs like a little bit black humor... I love monty python.

DeletedUser

Note: The required amount of available Culture to receive a bonus is still variable, but the distance between the Bonus levels is now always the same, rather than the current varying in the distance between these levels.
I need 1800 culture for 125 %
I need 1900 culture for 150 % (yes, a third neighbour came around:D10 minutes with 125%)
Shouldn't it be 1800 more for 150%??? :confused:

DeletedUser205

my feedback now:
1 need at least 1 polishing neighbor more than before the update (if she/he tends to click on my best culturebuilding ;-) )
A view into the past history of polishing my world = I don't think, that there is hope for that :)
just my feedback, not a complain!

probably the "benefit" is just to make it easyer to calculate the needs for culture?
didn't work for my brain neither ;-)