• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Bonus Recalculation - Changes in Culture

DeletedUser170

For the differences my only thought is that the game after a while rounds the amounts. For example the costs of scouting is not linear, because of the rounding. Perhaps it is same here. You would need 1840 for the first bonus, ehich is rounded down, but the sefond one would be 3680, rounded up to 3700, which makes a different of 1900.

DeletedUser326

You seem to be stuck in this beta ...Why are you looking and comparing with what we have on a test beta server ??? i am talking when the game goes to live server ... Are you trying to tell me that with 1 million player base with unlimited neighbors on the map you cannot get 200% bonus by regular neighborly visits???
I think you don't understand me.
I read every posting very carefully but nearly all are telling the same.
Nearly all are written from an perspective where culture wasnt an issue at any given Point of time.

Hence yes - you could reach 200% in the past with only a Hand full of flowers. As culture spender. But you should have monitored the whole Situation a bit better.
After a few days you needed 4 Hands full of flowers to maintain 200% Bonus. And by the time you normally (as a human) Research holy Codex and then the butcher you are at a Point thet you Need so damn much culture Surplus to maintain your precious 200% Bonus that you loose more productivity by achieving it then you got from the Little Bonus.

Even if you drop to 125% you get more out of you economy then trying to reach one of the last 2 bonuses by your own.
And even with "unlimited" neighbours which will be very limited - the last 2 bonuses under the old System would have required more then double the culture that all you culture buildings give you to reach the second Bonus. So even with unlimited neighbours it was impossible to reach the max Bonus. It was even nearly impossible to reach 170%
Now when you can reach 150% by your own it IS possible to reach 170% by neighbourly help.

And yes i know Khebelns City. He has not even 40% of his space covered with culture buildinngs and only 20% of his cultural buildings are Diamond ones. I don't know how much polishes he would Need to reach the 125 or 150% but it should be much more possible then before to reach 150% then reaching 140% before this update.

I never said that i like the culture buildings giving too Little culture for their size. Heck the Diamond ones gib often 50% more culture while requiring 30% less space - this i offended many times but ist unlikely that it will be changed.

But to end my post.
125% is supposed to being achieved by your own. 150% with neigbourly help or decet amount of Diamond culture buildings. Same went for 120 and 140% in the old System.
160 (old System 10%) is supposed to be reached by exzessive neighbourly help which is without guilds nearly impossible. Due to human nature only take and never give in 75% of all cases.
170% is supposed to be reached by few Diamond culture and exzessive neighbourly help.

The old 200% were supposed to be reached with exzessive neighbourly help AND investing horrible amounts of Money into the game.

DeletedUser

I think you don't understand me.
I read every posting very carefully but nearly all are telling the same.
Nearly all are written from an perspective where culture wasnt an issue at any given Point of time.

Hence yes - you could reach 200% in the past with only a Hand full of flowers. As culture spender. But you should have monitored the whole Situation a bit better.
After a few days you needed 4 Hands full of flowers to maintain 200% Bonus. And by the time you normally (as a human) Research holy Codex and then the butcher you are at a Point thet you Need so damn much culture Surplus to maintain your precious 200% Bonus that you loose more productivity by achieving it then you got from the Little Bonus.

Even if you drop to 125% you get more out of you economy then trying to reach one of the last 2 bonuses by your own.
And even with "unlimited" neighbours which will be very limited - the last 2 bonuses under the old System would have required more then double the culture that all you culture buildings give you to reach the second Bonus. So even with unlimited neighbours it was impossible to reach the max Bonus. It was even nearly impossible to reach 170%
Now when you can reach 150% by your own it IS possible to reach 170% by neighbourly help.

And yes i know Khebelns City. He has not even 40% of his space covered with culture buildinngs and only 20% of his cultural buildings are Diamond ones. I don't know how much polishes he would Need to reach the 125 or 150% but it should be much more possible then before to reach 150% then reaching 140% before this update.

I never said that i like the culture buildings giving too Little culture for their size. Heck the Diamond ones gib often 50% more culture while requiring 30% less space - this i offended many times but ist unlikely that it will be changed.

But to end my post.
125% is supposed to being achieved by your own. 150% with neigbourly help or decet amount of Diamond culture buildings. Same went for 120 and 140% in the old System.
160 (old System 10%) is supposed to be reached by exzessive neighbourly help which is without guilds nearly impossible. Due to human nature only take and never give in 75% of all cases.
170% is supposed to be reached by few Diamond culture and exzessive neighbourly help.

The old 200% were supposed to be reached with exzessive neighbourly help AND investing horrible amounts of Money into the game.

Duh-uh!!!! SO all the players are wrong and You are the only one who's correct?? ...Surprisingly you are the only one who has been supporting this change from even before it was applied .... Are you from Inno by any chance???? :p

Talking about this closed Beta game all over again ... my whole reply to you was from the perspective of the game on the live server ...and still you are busy talking about how the game is on beta ... and its the same gibberish again and again ...:rolleyes:Calculations and explanations which nobody understands or accepts:confused: ....Seriously either you don't understand what I am trying to say or maybe you are not trying to understand just to keep on arguing on this topic ...

If you are happy with this update good for you ... just give your feedback about it saying you are very happy and play the game happily .... By the way maybe according to you they should further reduce the current 170% to 110% ... Now that will be so so easily achievable and we all can build even more buildings as so much of our space will be saved ...No?? :D

I am not happy and i think most of the players are also not happy with this update so we are just voicing out our feedback .... and since this is a feedback thread, Don't think we are doing anything wrong by doing that ....

Ciao !!!

DeletedUser326

Talking about this closed Beta game all over again ... my whole reply to you was from the perspective of the game on the live server ...and still you are busy talking about how the game is on beta ...
All i'm talking about is how the game will be on live Server.
I don't know how Long you are playing Online or Browsergames. But it is always the same.
You can lay the mask of activity here 1:1 to the live Server. It doesnt matter if you have 10'000 or 100'000 or even 1'000'000 Players on one Server. It lies in the Detail of how this game works.
Its not like FOE where you have no persistent map only neighbourhoods of 80 members where inactive ones are cleared out and replaced with active ones after 2 or 3 weeks.
You cannot simply move someone out of his neighbourhood here onto a place where an inactive was deleted.

So it doesnt matter if there are 1 Million Players on one Server while you are only able to discover about 200-300 in one year, The Ratio of inactivity will stay the same - Beta or Live doesn't effect that fact.
The only Thing in this game is LUCK when you start on a fresh new world. Either you will spawn in the midth of an very active, semi active or nearly inactive area. If ist the last you have to wait 1-2 months until inactives are deleted and replaced with new Players which start at 0 and are of no use to you except the neighbourly help they eventually will give to you (by a 10-20% Chance).

So back to the culture Thing. At the current Situation you WILL get more ot of the new System then you did get of the old. As i often said. Stop bothering about culture before starting Tier 3 Upgrades of your buildings.
It doesn't matter if you have 100 or 200 or 300% Bonus at Tier one because you always produce more then you can spend.
And later on the costs explode for everything that 30% more or less doesn't matter. And it will come the Point in the game where you will recognize that you are unable to hold your max culture.
If you did a few Upgrades of buildings since the update i doubt that you would be at 200% in the meantime but you still are at 160 or 170% where you would be now too in the old System. And then will come the Point where you are at 150% Bonus and could hardly reaach 140% in the old.

But the old System is away and i only could do the math for you. If you would trust me then if i did it what i did a few times before is your Thing.

DeletedUser326

Not true. No matter how much I have I can always spend it.
Sure you can. But whats the Profit? The true Limit in this game are knowledge Points.
While you wait 5-8 days for knowledge Points you produce / can trade 10 times the materials you Need to unlock the Technology. No matter which stage of the game you are.

The only exception is when you don't have Access to a good by Players but only from wholesaler. But even then you can produce enough coins to buy all missing goods.

DeletedUser

All i'm talking about is how the game will be on live Server.
I don't know how Long you are playing Online or Browsergames. But it is always the same.
You can lay the mask of activity here 1:1 to the live Server. It doesnt matter if you have 10'000 or 100'000 or even 1'000'000 Players on one Server. It lies in the Detail of how this game works.
Its not like FOE where you have no persistent map only neighbourhoods of 80 members where inactive ones are cleared out and replaced with active ones after 2 or 3 weeks.
You cannot simply move someone out of his neighbourhood here onto a place where an inactive was deleted.

So it doesnt matter if there are 1 Million Players on one Server while you are only able to discover about 200-300 in one year, The Ratio of inactivity will stay the same - Beta or Live doesn't effect that fact.
The only Thing in this game is LUCK when you start on a fresh new world. Either you will spawn in the midth of an very active, semi active or nearly inactive area. If ist the last you have to wait 1-2 months until inactives are deleted and replaced with new Players which start at 0 and are of no use to you except the neighbourly help they eventually will give to you (by a 10-20% Chance).

So back to the culture Thing. At the current Situation you WILL get more ot of the new System then you did get of the old. As i often said. Stop bothering about culture before starting Tier 3 Upgrades of your buildings.
It doesn't matter if you have 100 or 200 or 300% Bonus at Tier one because you always produce more then you can spend.
And later on the costs explode for everything that 30% more or less doesn't matter. And it will come the Point in the game where you will recognize that you are unable to hold your max culture.
If you did a few Upgrades of buildings since the update i doubt that you would be at 200% in the meantime but you still are at 160 or 170% where you would be now too in the old System. And then will come the Point where you are at 150% Bonus and could hardly reaach 140% in the old.

But the old System is away and i only could do the math for you. If you would trust me then if i did it what i did a few times before is your Thing.
So are you trying to say that players on the live servers stuck in an inactive neighborhood are doomed for life in this game ?? And you do think that they will continue to play the game even after they get stuck without any help from anybody ??? ... Are you saying that the dev's will let the game go on the live server in that way and expect it to become popular??? LUCK in a strategy based game??? Do you have any idea this game's losing already players in this beta itself because a lot of them feeling it boring ... No interaction between players ...no groupings... and u expect this to run on the live server .... LOL...seriously i dont know what kind of games have you played but this ain't that type ... When the maker's of this game expect us to take help from other players for so many things in this game ... be it goods or cultures .... its their job to make arrangements for all players to have equal chance to play the game same way ... They cannot say to any player that this game is based on LUCK if they are stuck in a dead neighborhood ... Thats the funniest comment i have heard about this game ...You my dear friend are in the wrong type of MMO game .... Seriously ...Now i can understand why you think that this update is good ... Because all this time you are expecting this game to be played on your own even on the live server ???? ... The game is made in a such way that we are supposed to play it along with others helping each other to advance in the game ...exactly the same way as FOE ... the neighborly help is an important aspect of this game and the dev's are seriously trying to push that ...this game is not even 40% complete according to me .... I m sure they will add many new features in the game that will enable players to interact ...help each other in a better way even if we are stuck in a dead neighborhood ....

Marindor

Guys, all feedback is appreciated here and please let us know how you feel about this but try not to get too personal to each other. ;) We understand the frustration things can bring, but let's keep focussed on the subject itself :)

DeletedUser326

I know that this game isn't about 40% finished. And i think i Play it as ist meant to be played - thats the fact why i don't have 50% of my avalable space demolished with culture buildings trying to reach high bonuses that are not being meant to be reached by your own.
I help every neighbour every day except those days i can not be online at evening. But as i progressed throu my neighbourhood and discovered 30 new neighbours the 4-5 same neighbours return the favor.
I accept every trade i can even if its of no use to me simply to help those who Need my boosted goods - even my non boosted goods as i often buy them and resell them because i don't Need 100k of those by my own.
I see many active People who act like most of humanity acts - take and never give something back.

I know too that all will be better when guilds /alliances are introduced. But in the current state the game is fine and the new culture System is a good Thing at later stages. The early stages don't matter that much as i stated in many other Posts because you have plenty of everything even without max culture Bonus which isn't needed at any given Point of the game.
Its simply as the Name states: A BONUS ! Not a mandatory Thing.

DeletedUser

I am not talking with the current status ....I am not even bothered about the current status .... I am talking about when the game's developed enough to go on a live server ....thats what i have been saying all the while ....that my discussion is with the live server perspective and you are only talking with this beta game in perspective ... According to me achieving the maximum bonus is a mandatory thing in the game (to each his own) ... its basically a better strategy that we achieve the output in our city with the highest / maximum possible bonus ....How we do it is what each person's game play / strategy is all about .... the dev's should give us an option to achieve it either through the neighborly help or on our own albeit a difficult to manage option ....how good we make use of it depends how we play this game .... this is a beta and people will accept it any way it is now with the hopes of better things to come in future .....but if the same thing is planned for the live server I really dont see many playing this game over a long period of time ....

By the way Bonus means reward for better performance and hardwork... It doesnt mean something free ... those are called gifts etc. ...In most countries Bonus is mandatory ...to be given to its employees if the company declares profit ... And in this game also the Bonus is directly related with strategic game playing ... Better planning ... efficient working city ...We are expected and supposed to play this game along with achieving the maximum bonus ..thats included in the strategy of this game ....Our complaint is after this recent update the maximum Bonus output is very less and the requirement to achieve even the lowest level is very unrealistic making it feel unnecessary in the game like you are saying all this while in your discussion.... The dev's have to change that to make it more realistic ...or change other requirements of the game accordingly ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser724

I build 3 more workshop and try to counter-act the lowering that 200% to 170%
the answer is
my supplies still gone down from 19,000 to 500

It seems
(a) i need to increase my online time to do more "5 mins colletion" than "15-min collection"
, stop all fighting then i can stop recruit soldiers.....
do every measure that i can stop using supplies

or
(b) i need to reduce my on-line time , e.g. just login daily (lost 14 kp ) or 9 hour ( just use kp onlu ), stay a few minutes , do nothing,
just focus on collection supplies

It seems Method (b) is a more compromise method to handle insufficient room due to lowering of culture bonus

DeletedUser

Think due to this change, it may be worth it to rearrange the tech tree so the next culture buildings are earlier to get. Example is im now in the "second age?" and the house upgrade is ahead of the culture upgrades (including roads) Imo it should be the other way around , culture pretty much before most anything else.

DeletedUser

Culture bonus "recalculated" because players should depend on their neighbours?!
Most of my neighbors are INACTIVE ! Better solve that problem first...

DeletedUser

For the differences my only thought is that the game after a while rounds the amounts. For example the costs of scouting is not linear, because of the rounding. Perhaps it is same here. You would need 1840 for the first bonus, ehich is rounded down, but the sefond one would be 3680, rounded up to 3700, which makes a different of 1900.
Good idea but this cannot be the truth. Actually I need 1900 for 125% and 4800 for 150% (means 2900 more).
I actually think they forgot to do it like announced and changed only the numbers of the boost percentage:confused: or did I absolutely misunderstood the announcement?:
Note: The required amount of available Culture to receive a bonus is still variable, but the distance between the Bonus levels is now always the same

DeletedUser

I think I have figured out the formula.

ElvenarTemp1_1.jpg