• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic 2022

Laurelin-Beta

Yeah, I have never used the split numbering method. The quests are not done that way in-game, so I never understood making lists that were numbered differently.
Theoretically true, yes, but I DO see them as separate types of Quest, in-game : one 'block' of Quests to get through as fast as possible, to avoid disrupting City productions for longer than strictly necessary (I do hate putting my Evolving Buildings out of sync for the huge-volume Goods Quests [and now Coins, too - even my NH visits are disrupted by those now!], and/or running my W/Shops or Manus on inconvenient timers, as well - oh, and feeling pushed to do Spire/Tourney in a manner that may not suit me... actually, I just don't like having my City disrupted by external factors at all!) - and of course there's the question of how to [try to] win the worthwhile Dailies, if any, which more and more are now appearing in the first few days, if not on Day One in some cases - which is frankly annoying, to me, but hardly suggests that we're meant to stroll through the Quests at a slow pace if we actually want to win one/more of those Dailies [without buying Event Currency]...?

The Locked Quests come as a relief to me, and it's only at THAT point where I see Quests as occurring in a manner which doesn't disrupt my City... assuming those asking for Tourney/Spire/Encounters and/or Relics aren't *too* inconveniently timed - which, again, does happen too much IMO.

For info : I'm speaking as a slow-moving player in Ch.13 Amuni on Live - who doesn't want to progress fast in Research or anything else - so of course my perspective is my own, and biased to my own needs/wishes (as are we all). But that said : players at the late-mid-game to late-game stages, like me, seem to view Events in one of two ways : either (a) largely as I do (rush the first 'block' Quests, do the rest as they come), or (b) never mind, just do it all as it comes - and for Group A, the split-numbered lists are preferable, while for Group B, they're no disadvantage that I can see? - since it's obvious from the Event format in-game that the Quests are NOT running in parallel, so I don't think anyone could really be confused...?

Earlier players, too, are unlikely to be confused, and will also probably fall [more or less] into the same two A/B groups above as well, in most cases, although depending on City build and/or online time available they may be less able to rush the 'block' Quests - certainly without advance info from pre-made Beta Quest lists. And in that case, isn't it better for them, too, to have the 'block' Quests separated out? - because again, they'd be a bit daft to be endlessly expecting parallel Quests - i.e. those which clearly appear as a second part of the list - to pop up when there isn't even space for that in the Event UI? And for very casual players who really don't care either way... do they even need/want to check Quest lists? And if they do, again, are they really THAT easily confused? Good luck to them, if so, when it comes to managing Guest Races...!! Haha.

So really - I'm all in favour of split lists - and in fact I ideally prefer those which clearly state where the 'block' Quests end, and what are, to me, the first [functionally] 'Daily Quests' (i.e. limited to particular days and can't be fast-tracked due to time-locking) actually begin. I think it's a useful distinction to make for any player - or at best harmless - so overall, more useful, to more players, than NOT separating the two types of Quest.

That said, I'm always most grateful to anyone and everyone who assembles these Event Quest lists for the rest of us - in any format at all!... :)

Laurelin-Beta

Thanks for the timely reminder, @Lelanya! - I've been a near-invalid in online terms, while I've been limited to mobile-only (recent three months), and it's good to know that I'm still welcome there! I'm slowly catching up with my online sites of interest now, and Norfolk's certainly on the list... :)

Lelanya

Several quests have been changed. So far we have 3 Buy KP quests:
Three of the buy KP quests have changed
#10 is Any 4 x 9hr factories productions...
#27 is Any 4 x 3hr factories productions..
#35 is Any 3 x 9hr factories productions.. (so far as we know)
I understand that others may have changed as well.

iDavis

There were more changes in quests, except for replaced "Buy X KP" by "Produce 4x 9h productions" there were also added some alternatives to gaining spell fragments. Full version is now updated here.

I have also added information to the All Events page about Sets where the respective Daily prizes belong (this is the case of Frozen Orc Vortex and Frozen Fountain during this event). They are not clickable, but do provide the missing information.

Lelanya

There were more changes in quests, except for replaced "Buy X KP" by "Produce 4x 9h productions" there were also added some alternatives to gaining spell fragments. Full version is now updated here.

I have also added information to the All Events page about Sets where the respective Daily prizes belong (this is the case of Frozen Orc Vortex and Frozen Fountain during this event). They are not clickable, but do provide the missing information.
Thank you again for all of your wonderful information. I've cross checked quests and updated my correspondents. You've missed one update, Quest 89 should read:
22/89. Place 7 Trade Offers AND
Spend 20 Knowledge Points - 40
You still have it as Buy 20.

Enevhar Aldarion

22/89. Place 7 Trade Offers AND
Spend 20 Knowledge Points - 40
You still have it as Buy 20.

Was it wrong in the original files? When I did that quest, and noted it down, it was Spend 20 KP for me on the day it unlocked as the daily quest. But this is why people make lists as the event goes on. I don't trust the data files until I see the quest in my city.

Lelanya

Was it wrong in the original files? When I did that quest, and noted it down, it was Spend 20 KP for me on the day it unlocked as the daily quest. But this is why people make lists as the event goes on. I don't trust the data files until I see the quest in my city.
Idk
It's funny, you know, Jack lumps me in with all those who 'read' their PC's cache but I record my quests. But I rely on Prim's pull, for preplanning.

PrimroseSylvia

First original version was to "buy", then it changed to "spend"; I guess they change it because in the latest events there were too many quests asking to buy kps, and price never reset (I'm not sure, but I think I saw someome complaining about it but don't remember when and where...)

Lelanya

We on beta have 2 days but on the life servers, players just have 1 day and less if they come online very late.
Sorry but I do not see how that is even possible. The quests spawn at the same time for everyone, we all have 1.5 days to get this done plus we can always use time boosters if need be.
And we have the lists from Beta to assist as well.
Edit: nvm, just saw the timer.

Last edited:

Verde

Unless they change the last day's quest on live, as they've done with some of the others

Bor de Wolf 1965

Yes we know and most of us let other players know in their server language what is coming.
But not all players read the forums and get prepared.
And I know of 1 player that does only the 9h runs on all his factories or workplaces due to his working schedule.
And I believe he will be just to late to let the 24h run go on for the last quest.

Keep in mind, we here in europa get the quest at 01:00 CET and the next day at 11:00 CET the timer runs out.
so you have only 34h time for the last quest and some will be sleeping for the first couple hours.

guivou

ending 266 points , good for the evolving building , but with the big bug preventing using re-reroll , the end of the event was a total failure ...