• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic 2022

Lelanya

So still no word on live release date. Before too much more time slips by I would like to point out that the dailies are very badly matched up with quests -
Relics or multiple spells quests that spawn a day after tournament winds up.
Spell fragment quests just a couple of hours after Spire closes.
There is going to be plenty of screaming when quest 30 spawns  if the files remain correct, so why ruin the holidays for staff and players with bad timing? I suspect that a Monday start might work well, just saying.

Enevhar Aldarion

I hope not. A Monday start means no tournament for the first 30 or so hours of the event. Even a Tuesday start means no tournament for several hours, delaying quest completion for people.

Laurelin-Beta

... or just move the Quests around, while looking at a calendar, so that the relevant Quest demands (e.g. Relics, Spell Frags) match Tourney & Spire?
Original - even radical? - idea that's never been suggested before, frequently, either here or on [m]any other Forums either, I know...!! Ha :D

ETA in Cynical Mode - you'd almost think Inno were trying to get players to complete Map Encounters they'd rather save up, trash Inventory items they'd rather keep, Time-boost (or does anyone actually use Diamonds?!) Tourney and/or Spire whenever they ARE available, and so on... almost ;)

Dorfl the Clay

Attachments

• questionall.jpg
    questionall.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 90

Arthus

@Vaeri @Kersepitje People are asking about cryomana/seeds/unurium expiring buildings, asking what if they have ancient wonders that reduce decay to 2% and put -5% cryobuilding in the city for 60 days. Does it only reduce these 2% to 0% ?

They obviously can't have "positive decay" from -2% to +3%...

They feel like they are punished a bit in this situation. Increasing production of mana/seeds/unurium would benefit all, instead of reducing decay that benefits ones without wonders. I myself would benefit from the expiring building, just asking for others.

Lovec Krys

That depends, sometimes reducing your decay from 2% to 0% can be much more than increasing production.
Can't test this since KPs were on day 12 and i haven't been gifting myself since then - so i'm still 52 points behind these buildings.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Vaeri @Kersepitje People are asking about cryomana/seeds/unurium expiring buildings, asking what if they have ancient wonders that reduce decay to 2% and put -5% cryobuilding in the city for 60 days. Does it only reduce these 2% to 0% ?

They obviously can't have "positive decay" from -2% to +3%...

They feel like they are punished a bit in this situation. Increasing production of mana/seeds/unurium would benefit all, instead of reducing decay that benefits ones without wonders. I myself would benefit from the expiring building, just asking for others.
is there still a question here? I feel like you've given all the anwers yourself

Laurelin-Beta

Argh... @Lelanya - I *was* resisting the urge to ask, but first this :

[...] There is going to be plenty of screaming when quest 30 spawns  if the files remain correct [...]
... and now this! :

So we have a date [...] of December 6th. Sadly that is Tuesday.

So come on, Lel - What DOES Quest 30 want? 50 x Toolboxes? 100 x 2-day Manus? 'Disenchant your Main Hall OR Pay 1000 Diamonds'? Worse?!
Enquiring minds (and I) need to know! (Sorry - frivolous mood strikes, following yesterday's overdose of Serious Me, but still... please?) :)

Laurelin-Beta

is there still a question here? I feel like you've given all the anwers yourself
@Kersepitje : Just me overdoing on certainty here (as I do...), but still... so the answer to this, I'm guessing, is that any excess Decay reduction above the already-reduced % level in Cities which DO have AWs for this just reduces Decay to zero for the building's duration? Or not as low as that? That seems oddly powerful, even for an expiring building... after all, can't [rich!] players just buy limitless Tomes, by buying Diamonds --> Event Currency --> more Grand Prizes... or is there a hard cap on how many times the Grand Prize list repeats? I've never asked that, actually...?

Some/any/even all confirmatory or explanatory official info welcome on the above, if possible!

Laurelin-Beta

@PrimroseSylvia : Thank you!! I did suspect something similar... seems to be a growing habit, since that last Event asked for the same? Interesting - back to the old days of setting up small W/Shops & Manus for Events as well as FAs, I wonder... if not to the same extent, I hope!

And apologies to you, too, for my frivolity. Always at one extreme or another, me! But I very much like to plan ahead in Events, and to rush through the first 'batch' Quests at speed, too, so it's very useful to have advance warning of this kind of 'slow-down' Quest. Much appreciated! :)

Enevhar Aldarion

It's easy to understand: it's based on quest type.

Eh, that does not matter to anyone who does not complete all the sequential quests on the first day, or who never catches up before the event ends. Having two quests numbered the same just confuses the less hardcore players. So for me, and lots of others, there are 97 quests and they are numbered 1-97. This is not the olden days where we had two separate event quests at the same time, a sequential and a true daily. We only have one at a time now, so sticking with the old numbering should have been dumped when Inno changed it. Jack and Platinum Leaf and iDavis with his site both use simple numbering.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Kersepitje : Just me overdoing on certainty here (as I do...), but still... so the answer to this, I'm guessing, is that any excess Decay reduction above the already-reduced % level in Cities which DO have AWs for this just reduces Decay to zero for the building's duration? Or not as low as that? That seems oddly powerful, even for an expiring building... after all, can't [rich!] players just buy limitless Tomes, by buying Diamonds --> Event Currency --> more Grand Prizes... or is there a hard cap on how many times the Grand Prize list repeats? I've never asked that, actually...?

Some/any/even all confirmatory or explanatory official info welcome on the above, if possible!
yes, ofcourse this will work exactly as how timewarp works, If you have multiple polar bears active, you only can get to 0 delay. so you get a 100% reduction. Compare it to happyness, if you say I'm 100% happy, and then something happens, it won't put your happiness to 110% :)

There is indeed a cap on the grand prizes, but it should be so far out its not reachable by normal player behavior. However it has happened in the past before that players got further then the furthest planned prize. In that case you should contact support when the event is over, and they will give you the prizes you are still entitled to. (and the next event the amount of prizes were extendend yet again, so even further out of reach then, etc...)