• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic 2022

Vaeri

Ex-Team Member
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for this year's Winter Magic event here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jackluyt

Thanks for posting this early so I can start working on my usual comprehensive event notes, rather than leaving it to do all in a rush on Friday!!
:) :)

Prueba2

Do we ever hint about any prize other then the main prize? [...]
Yes, we do.

Naturally Amazing
New this year is also the introduction of flower beds which you can place around your city and that give you temporary boosts until their effects are expired! To the Royal Prize Pass we'll also introduce a new building, the Arcane Ferris Wheel, in which you can produce Spell Fragments, Time Boosters, Combining Catalysts and the Sip of Clarity!

The Forbidden Ruins
Among the rewards (including some awesome new buildings), you will also be able to acquire a new spell which helps you to revive your troops in the Battle Results screen.

The Misty Forest 2021
You have heard well: among the Grand and Royal prizes of this event, you will be able to find a brand new item - the Sip of Clarity - allowing you to refresh the rotation of your Magic Academy's crafting recipes 100% cost-free!

EDIT:
Autumn Zodiac 2021
New: Royal Prize Pass
This event will use the same mechanics as last year, but besides the Leagues system, there will also be a new addition this year: The Royal Prize Pass. This is a special Premium option which you can purchase to get extra rewards with each Grand Prize you acquire in this event.

Sorcerers' Homecoming
One addition is that this time, we will be introducing our new Leagues system. The more you play and the further you get, the more extra rewards you will receive, including a unique and exclusive portrait!

Last edited:

Vaeri

Ex-Team Member
Thank you for your feedback so far!
No hint about the new expirable buildings?
I try to do better next time. Personally, I wasn't sure about what information should be included & which not.
That's why I checked all past announcements and tried to create an announcement that is sufficient enough but doesn't reveal anything that players are supposed to find out for themselves.
I really want to inform you about as much as I can to make your player experience (especially with new stuff) better. And that's why I try my best to become familiar with Elvenar and my tasks as fast as possible.
As you can see here, it's just a copy & paste of the old winter event announcement ;)
Like I said, I put in time to think what I should include and what not. Using past announcements and the event documentation we have is something what all CM's do, past and present ones.
If there is anything you're missing from past announcements of Winter Magic (and other seasonal events) and this announcement, please let me know, so they are included in the future. I would love to create announcements that are making players excited about upcoming stuff!

PrimroseSylvia

Using past announcements and the event documentation we have is something what all CM's do, past and present ones.
Live CMs get the same announcement, just to translate in their own language (or am I wrong? They share the same info in the same way at about the same time...)
If there is anything you're missing from [...] this announcement
No, there's nothing missing, indeed I wanted to point out (but maybe I was not that accurate) that not every time there are spoilers :)

edit:

If there is anything you're missing from past announcements of Winter Magic (and other seasonal events)

I really don't understand the need of asking about past annoucements... They are gone a long ago. And they were fine, or players would have been complained at that time. Unless you want to bring up past management, and I don't think it's appropriate.

Last edited:

Alcaro

as far as I noticed, the announcements (in general speaking) are identical, because I compare Beta forum with En forum where English is used in both and differences from translation can't be invoked. Even the form is the same - if there is a design involving graphics or emoticons.

Enevhar Aldarion

as far as I noticed, the announcements (in general speaking) are identical, because I compare Beta forum with En forum where English is used in both and differences from translation can't be invoked. Even the form is the same - if there is a design involving graphics or emoticons.

Beta and US forum announcements are word-for word the same and that is because they are written for the Beta forum and then passed on to all the other forums to copy/paste in English or copy/paste with a translation for non-English forums.

DeletedUser2378

If there is anything you're missing from past announcements of Winter Magic (and other seasonal events) and this announcement, please let me know, so they are included in the future.
I think bringing up past announcements and management is a delicate topic, especially here on Beta at the moment, and definitely not something that is needed.
If there were an issue in the past, players would have said something in the discussion threads and Marindor or his staff would have responded, if there were a real problem or lack of information.
We love to hear about anything new coming to the game...but we have the Spoilers thread for anything Support is not suppose to tell us. If we knew everything, it would ruin the fun for some. On the other hand, letting us know about a new event layouts, building sets, evolving buildings, etc. is necessary in a game announcement.

Heffernan

Can't see what the daily prize of day 1 is, can only see a dark shadow of a building.
No updates in Google play store.

Also, to me at least, it seems that the loading screen is "recycled" from some earlier event (elvenade ?) where a small gobling is looking upwards to a tall elf walking beside. Now we have a small gobling looking up to a big yeti (?).

EDIT. the good old log out and back in fixed it.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

The 'Winter Magic' questline event just started in Beta server; it will come to the Live Worlds after the FA that we are expecting next week. You are welcome to share our notes with friends who do not play in Beta.

index.php

Read all about it here:
You are welcome to share the link with friends.

Note that the Live Version may have some changes compared to this one which we are recording in actual gameplay in Beta server, resulting from player feedback.

Last edited: