• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered What happens when inactive players are removed?

DeletedUser326

It's not the one's that play... as you said, everyone plays differently... it's the obviously abandoned towns of players that played through the tutorial and then left their cities to die
I doubt that most abandoned cities even where played to the end of the tutorial - there are no barracks and good buildings. Most were abandoned after building the first residence and Workshop in my area. Have discovered 28 neighbours by now and only 8 of them are active.
I wonder how you can assign to a game which you aren't interested in.

I hope they will delete them soon and move new Player in the spots who sign up. Moving other active Players in These spots isn't an Option.

DeletedUser

Move new players to free spots isn't an option, because they would have too big a starting advantage....

DeletedUser

Moving other active Players in These spots isn't an Option
Why do you think so? If new players are moved in this neighbourhood they have a huge advantage over other new players which start in a completely new neighbourhood because there are active players to trade with which have for example tier1 goods en masse.
@methusu: you nailed it faster :rolleyes:

I think we have to wait and see the developers solution. Because of the boosted goods which are north, southeast and southwest of the city, it seems complicated to me....but I am not a IT-Pro...

DeletedUser503

Not sure if new players moved into inactive player spots would really have that
much of an advantage. Yes, some of their neighbors are well established. However,
they would need to discover those neighbors by scouting and clearing provinces, just
like we did. As far as a trade advantage, as a new member they would not so soon
have resources to trade, even if a neighbor has a large offer of goods, they must still
have a large offer to make a viable trade. If I am missing something, please add
to the discussion :)

DeletedUser108

What is bad about giving new members an advantage? We will still be ahead and theyer activity might be higher if they are welcome and we offer trades to them.

DeletedUser

There is nothing bad to give an advantage. But the disadvantage for those who have to work through inactive hoods like we do actually is the point I wanted to mention.
Actually it is no problem to produce more than enough goods of your boosted one. The problem is that nearly noone trades with you so your overproduction must be so much that the wholesaler helps you out. If you are merged in a hood with players which have thousands of tier1 goods you won't have this problem. Clearing the first ring of provinces is easy. Then you have enough players to trade without fee. And even trading with 50% fee is a huge advantage against Wholesaler with 500% fee.

DeletedUser

(I believe) I can confirm that inactive players are in fact removed. In my neighbourhood at least four cities, all of them abandoned, were replaced (or at least their owners had their names somehow changed), at least some of the replacement cities clearly were not fresh/just starting . Difficult to say wheather this happened in an automated way or was still manually done. All of the new cities seem as dead as their predesessors though except one, which is very healthy and growing. If I'm not completely wrong with my observation, I appreciate this, given that it takes some effort to maintain bonus goods and other acchievements when moving a city.

DeletedUser136

In my neighbourhood at least four cities, all of them abandoned, were replaced (or at least their owners had their names somehow changed)

As far as I can tell, that hasn't happened around my city yet... but its certainly encouraging :)

DeletedUser326

Why do you think so? If new players are moved in this neighbourhood they have a huge advantage over other new players which start in a completely new neighbourhood because there are active players to trade with which have for example tier1 goods en masse.
Yes they would have a slight Advantage. But not that much.

The simple reason is that you can (for the Moment) only receive neighbourly help from your neighbours. Think about you are in a good spot where you have found good Partners trade is good and so on and you are moved into a spot where activity is much worse and you lose all your buff Partners.

The only Thing to solve this would be guilds which can give help without having discovered one another. But this would make the whole discovery System obsolete. Only Thing to solve this issue would be to Limit the amount of Players per guild to 10 or 20 which would make a guild much less fun.

DeletedUser

Sadly it seems to me, most players only think about enhancing their own chances...

In my neighbourhood at least four cities, all of them abandoned, were replaced (or at least their owners had their names somehow changed), at least some of the replacement cities clearly were not fresh/just starting

Because there is no transparency at all, what's going on now concerning city movement, we can only speculate.

Why are inactive players removed from some regions, but remain in others?
Where do replacing cities come from?
(If there is no placing of new players at the edge of the map anymore, I really would not like to imagine I were
one of the last players placed and stuck there - you've got only one half of a neighborhood with no hope to
improve soon, at least 'normal' activity rate there and only unexperienced players. If not concerning before
to leave the game this really would force to do so.)

As I'm experiencing most of the forum functionality broken at the moment as described in
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/upgrades-silk-factory.1032/
(cannot link it)
, altogeher it doesn't feel much encouraging about Elvenar...

DeletedUser

I am not sure if I got your point, methusu:confused:
Who is only thinking about enhancing their own chance? What are you referring to?
And perhaps Amarthano's neighbours have reached the 3odays limit. He is ranked as no. 8 and therefore probably playing elvenar from he first day on?!
And which forum functionalities are broken? Your link is activated but is about silk factory differences between elves and humans?
I am confused, please enlight m:egrin:

DeletedUser

Reading the posts in this thread makes me think, that players care about their own inactive neighborhoods, but not those of other players..

I also considered Amarthano's neighborhood to be one of the first ones to be cleared, but as said it remains an open question..

The graphics files of the toolbar (and the smilies bar) are broken, although I discovered in the meantime, that I possibly would be able to use the functions (after waiting for the tooltips to show up). I noticed, that the link is working, but I copied it into the post just as text.

DeletedUser

Thanks Bernardus :)

Hello methusu, sorry you seemingly feel at a disadvantage here. I try to be more precise: I simply wanted to express that according to my observations there is something done in this matter. Perhaps the team is yet only experimenting (moving players around on a static map surely causes some serious problems to be solved), but basically such news should be encouraging for everyone. And yes, I began playing on the 20th of January (closed beta launch), so players in my vicinity should all have exceeded the aforementioned 30 days limit of removal safety.

Perhaps a player whose city has been relocated can chime in here and tell us more.

DeletedUser

Thanks for making it clear, methusu!
Reading the posts in this thread makes me think, that players care about their own inactive neighborhoods, but not those of other players
Did not get that impression, but I may be wrong.
I also considered Amarthano's neighborhood to be one of the first ones to be cleared, but as said it remains an open question.
yes, unfortunately Muf-Muf's statement here was not very clarifying...

But the content of your link to the silk manufactories stays unclear. How is this concerned to inactive neighbours?

@Amarthano: You're welcome!

DeletedUser

@Amarthano: I'm sorry you could have the impression, you were meant by the statement I made above citating you, I assure you this is not the case :). And as I'm playing now for about a month, it's not about my own disadvantages at all...

@Bernardus: The link has nothing to do with neighborhoods at all, just describing the same issue with forum functionality by Golden.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(I believe) I can confirm that inactive players are in fact removed. In my neighbourhood at least four cities, all of them abandoned, were replaced (or at least their owners had their names somehow changed), at least some of the replacement cities clearly were not fresh/just starting . Difficult to say wheather this happened in an automated way or was still manually done. All of the new cities seem as dead as their predesessors though except one, which is very healthy and growing. If I'm not completely wrong with my observation, I appreciate this, given that it takes some effort to maintain bonus goods and other acchievements when moving a city.

I can confirm your confirmation! Today, one of the cities right next to mine was open for an aid action, so I though I just forgot to aid it in my daily round. I visited and aided, and coiple hours later I was aided back! It is a new city, having like 6 houses and 3 workshops, I can't remember exactly. I message the guy, hopefully it'll be a future active player =]

DeletedUser58

I can't say this for certainty because I didn't pay that much attention to the initial usernames, but I either have a new player next to me or an old one has become active. The city there was dead for... weeks, at the least. And in the last few days they've been playing, advancing, trading and even visiting them. I haven't had the time to message them but I don't want to give false hope (it could really be an older player just now becoming active).

DeletedUser58

:D If it IS true, it's a bit weird that it has happened solely with that single player. Or maybe it's a few players but they're also inactive and he's the only one I've noticed. Maybe most of my neighborhood did login in the past 30 days but are barely playing and hence I'm expecting them to be replaced when they can't be (because they're not considered inactive).

DeletedUser136

If it ever happens around me, i'll know... I have all the player names around me memorized by now ;)