• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered What happens when inactive players are removed?

DeletedUser136

Does anyone have any ideas how this may actually work? I have 42 'discovered' neighbors and at least 30 seem to be completely inactive... I just cant decide which way Inno is going to go with giving me new ones. I know what they've done in other games, but this isn't those games.

1. They could simply give out new Beta keys to players who would fill the empty areas (which would not help me get rid of tier 2 and tier 3 goods for a long time)

2. They could do a hex overlay on the map and move players to different areas based on their level of play and size of their areas.

3. I don't know what option 3 is but I'm sure there is one :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Option 2 would be a nice one. I can't help you with tier 3 yet though ;)

DeletedUser

I really doubt, that removing inactive players and replacing them by new players would be an adequate solution for existing neighborhood problems:

- there is a big risk, that new players become inactive soon as well
- it takes a lot of time that they will be able to trade with advanced players
- new players moved to freed spots will have a big advantage against others, that started just before them at the edge of the map (active neighborhoods and later on great trading possibilities)

DeletedUser136

I hope it is at least similar to option 2, and Nosferatu, I would love to have you for a neighbor...

I just don't really like surprises... I prefer to know every possible scenario that could happen BEFORE it does

DeletedUser108

I know at least, that we have to wait for the 20.02.2015
Because as it says in the Game-Rules:
Game accounts may be deleted from game worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted.
So since that date the first players should be deleted - looking forward, what's going to happen then.
But by the way: I don't think, that cities will be moved. Even if the world of elvenar is magic, it's not probably that cities will simply be moved by some algorythm.

DeletedUser170

For a beta, I wouldn't mind for a quick fix with moving my city around, regardless the neighbours. There should be a much more coordinated thing on a live server though. (Those players who trade with each other should remain together)

DeletedUser

But by the way: I don't think, that cities will be moved. Even if the world of elvenar is magic, it's not probably that cities will simply be moved by some algorythm...

why not....remember Brigadoon...;):p

DeletedUser

Moving towns will be really hard. You can only move a town to an area on the map that has the same makeup. If you have fought 7 battles to capture a province of steel then you are moved and that province is some other good that you do not need then you will be cheated. Or some players could end up with more of their bonus goods in the new location.

DeletedUser170

Every village in your southeast - northwest direction has the same surrounding like you. Then these rows got repeated in a strict pattern, so It shouldn't be hard to find a location for our city. Probably I could write a code, that would say from a coordinate whether it has the same surroundings.

DeletedUser

True but in the other two directions you must go four towns over to find a repeat. The pattern is rather large so there are many town layouts. I am not saying it is impossible but it is not simple to just move towns around.

DeletedUser231

Moving towns will be really hard. You can only move a town to an area on the map that has the same makeup. If you have fought 7 battles to capture a province of steel then you are moved and that province is some other good that you do not need then you will be cheated. Or some players could end up with more of their bonus goods in the new location.

Your avatar is rather appropriate when discussing inactives..

OUT OUT!!
YOU DEMONS OF STUPIDITY....very funny....:p

DeletedUser531

Hello!

Just made a forum account though I've been active in the game since the second day when I received the beta key, and though I enjoy it and see potential, the neighbors problem is incredibly annoying.

I can see possible difficulties for neighborhood changes, though there is a clear pattern with the goods provinces placement, small changes could be challenging if you don't want to risk isolating someone, but still, could someone from the support team give us some info as to if changing up neighborhoods is something that:
- will never happen
- has no priority at this time, maybe later
- might possibly happen reasonably soon
Or any other info there might be? I haven't been able to find this anywhere.

For myself, a maximum of 4 people help me (at a good day), though I help like 50 (at least 35 inactive), but more important, by some chance nearly everyone offers steel and scrolls at the market... And unfortunately those are my bonus goods as well, meaning that the only way to get enough of the other 4 goods is to buy them from the wholesaler.

We are working on a solution for inactivity - it is certainly not forgotten! What it will look like, we cannot share yet at this point. More information will follow at a later time! :)

DeletedUser231

We are working on a solution for inactivity - it is certainly not forgotten! What it will look like, we cannot share yet at this point. More information will follow at a later time! :)

Dear Muf-Muf,

There is an old Paul Newman movie called Cool Hand Luke. My father's favorite movie. In that movie there is the Prison Captain Comment to Luke:

"What we got here is a failure to COMMUNICATE"

No matter how hard I try communication in this game has become a HUGE problem with many players. I have mailed a ton of players around me and almost everyone does not reply to any of my mails. I trade sometimes with players and tell them I have traded but nil response. I have said thanks for helping and visiting and many other types of mails and nothing.

I guess another movie comes to mind....If you build it...Will they come.....???...and more importantly will they participate...in any conversations.

ThaMartin

I think that when things like a chatbox etc are implemented, communication will also increase. When that will happen though, we can only guess. But I'm counting om some improvement here!

DeletedUser231

In a few games of other Innogames, a chat function has been implemented. BUT rarely is it used. Hard to force players to be active AND communicative. I do not fault anyone only stating a fact. Innogames provides us the tools, mail, forum etc. It is to each of us to be communicative the best we know how, depending on the available time we have. How long does it take to reply to a mail, A couple of minutes MAX.

The odd thing is, is that players play this game to have fun then they say they only have a few minutes a day and there is not much to do in this game. But when another player contacts then they give excuses, then when they quit they tell themselves what a boring game. That is odd, on one hand they dont really give this game a good chance.

Working with others is critical. A s an example you see a player building a ton of Crystal buildings but no Scroll or silk ones. It might be a good idea for you to build those and trade with each other.

This game is A GREAT GAME if players respond to each other, become pro-active and communicate with each other more.

Here is a great great saying my mother taught to me:

IF IT IS TO BE
IT IS UP TO ME

Simplies..:p

DeletedUser503

Maybe it's just me, but as far as the inactives or neighbors not helping ( that you surmise could, as they
are very very close to you) I just 'roll with it'. There are so many different personality types that play
browser games, I have found you just make the best of who your neighbors are and deal with it.
I do hope inactives are replaced soon with players waiting patiently ( or not, as the case may be LOL)
for their chance to play. Some people love to chat, others are 'loners' . We really can't judge one way
or the other, how people want to interact in these games. As everyone is free to play as they see fit.
I am blessed with a half dozen neighbors who are very loyal with neighborly help. It 's really all
I need . The others I just patiently plod through the screens and give them my help anyway.:D

DeletedUser136

As everyone is free to play as they see fit
It's not the one's that play... as you said, everyone plays differently... it's the obviously abandoned towns of players that played through the tutorial and then left their cities to die that become annoying (even though I still take my 7200 coins a day to visit them). Eventually they will be cleared, and I'm looking forward to how they choose to do that in this game :)