• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Great Excavation

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
It took some time for my first donkey provisions to appear too, but so far it seems I actually am getting a few more than in previous events

Biloutte91

@Brummbaer ;) ;) ;) a weekly season quest hihihi

Capture d’écran 2023-02-02 205958.png

Laurelin-Beta

@Brummbaer : If the (still on Live) Event is a fair guide, I've found that throughout the Event, the City drops are actually slightly more numerous than in the past (when I found that 6 per hour was the overall maximum, even if not distributed precisely once/hour), and I've also seen proportionately (~10-15%) more 2- and 3- value drops compared with 1-value (not accurately recorded; only a 'guesstimate').

However, I've also found that the drops frequently (over 50% of the time - also a guesstimate but a more confident one, being so noticeable) haven't appeared roughly once/hour, especially during the first day (or even two), despite my habit of refreshing my browser every 5-10 minutes all the time (to cut down on constant minor lag issues) and every time I'm expecting a drop to appear (once/hour-ish). Instead, and while the drops do sometimes appear either automatically once/hour (or on browser refresh) in single amounts, they have frequently not arrived for several hours, but then up to 5 have arrived all at once upon a refresh (or upon leaving and starting the game later; same effect of course).

During the Event before the current Live Event, I saw no Event Currency drops at all (despite multiple game restarts) until nearly the end of Day One - then six arrived all at once, and after that the normal [older] once/hour drop rate continued as normal.

I doubt that this is intentional, since much of what Elvenar is doing lately is designed (amongst other reason) to encourage very frequent logins, so my suspicion is, as so often, lag caused by Server issues - which (lag) has definitely been much greater over the past few months, both on browser and in my limited experience of using the mobile client, too.

Hope this helps.

ZodiBeta

My opinion: I also wish for more shovels in the 140 package for the same reasons as previously mentioned (need them to be able to use the vials & bottles). Altho' the idea of the Golden eye seems like a good one, what's the best way to use it? Is it better to open 1 tile across the board first, then apply the golden eye, look for the cracked tiles and open those tiles to get rewards? Or is it still better to mostly open every other column and use it to "find" any missed treasure? In either case, you may end up needing even more tools if you want to gather every treasure on a page.
The only thing I can think of to do is wait until I have enough event items to get 1 of each tool package, open what I'm able, and submit to the luck of the RNG, which I find restrictive for winning the better prizes.
I miss the old days when a daily player could win all the pieces of a set or fully evolve a building just by completing an event, which is impossible for a newbie. It seems to me that the game has shifted into more of a "pay to play" structure to complete events. Why not have kept events so daily players could still gain the basic rewards (a full set, all artifacts), but "pay to play" would get a lot more and/or even better rewards?
I get that businesses need to make income, but introducing new mechanics to a "free to play" game to force players to play a certain way to increase revenues, may only cause backlash, resentments, dampen any enthusiasm for playing, and increase the chances for players quitting the game.

Deadeye Jerry

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The old price for the big bundle of tools was 420. Three of the new big bundles equals 420, but I don't know if the value is the same.

As for the actual event, I see it is only 19 days long, rather than the usual 21-22. @Konys or @Kersepitje or @Deadeye Jerry can this be confirmed as correct and the devs did not make the opposite mistake of the past events by making it too short, instead of too long?
Yes, the big bundle was removed indeed and this way we can buy more bundles, and this time the event is 20 days long.

Quest #43 requires either completing a research or scouting a province. I thought these kind of quests were removed because they are bad for end-game players? @Deadeye Jerry @Amy Steele @Kersepitje
For now there are only 2 quests for researching a technology so they aren't much and for scouting they are not many as well but they are still there.

Enevhar Aldarion

For now there are only 2 quests for researching a technology so they aren't much and for scouting they are not many as well but they are still there.

Except quest 43 requires one or the other. In one of the past two events, we had the same thing, and when it was pointed out, the CM passed it on to the devs and it was changed and we were given an apology for the mistake happening.

Prueba2

Waiting to see End-Game players opening Support cases...

EDIT:
1675454967370.png

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

As for the actual event, I see it is only 19 days long, rather than the usual 21-22. @Konys or @Kersepitje or @Deadeye Jerry can this be confirmed as correct and the devs did not make the opposite mistake of the past events by making it too short, instead of too long?

So I was right about this. I have caught up on the quests and I now have 18 daily quests left to finish the event, but there are only 17 days left in the event. Why do the devs keep messing the time length up almost every time now? Since the others were tagged in my first post, I will add @Amy Steele to this one and see if anyone has anything to say.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Amy Steele I sent in a support ticket and then looked closer at the event screens in my city, and whatever was causing the numbers to not match earlier today, before the new game day started, is now not causing an issue and my numbers now match, showing 17 more quests and 17 days left for them.

Enevhar Aldarion

I did a little math on the new tool bundles versus the old ones. In the last event, the big bundle got 18 shovels, 7 winds, and 7 vials. With the new bundles and costs for single pieces, for 419 provisions you can get 19 shovels, 7 winds, and 6 vials, by buying 3 of the 80-cost bundles, 1 of the 140-cost bundles, 2 shovels, and 1 wind, so almost the same value. Or alternately, you can buy 5 of the 80-cost bundle and 1 wind, for a total of 25 shovels, 6 winds, and 5 vials, for a cost of 421 provisions. The way these maps are generated, those extra shovels may be worth more than a wind and a vial. And if you really prefer shovels, get 2 shovels, instead of 1 wind, for a cost of 418, giving you 27-5-5. Note that I am only trying to find what is closest to the bundle from the previous event and there may be another combination that will give better value for this year's version of the event.

spennyit

I did a little math on the new tool bundles versus the old ones. In the last event, the big bundle got 18 shovels, 7 winds, and 7 vials. With the new bundles and costs for single pieces, for 419 provisions you can get 19 shovels, 7 winds, and 6 vials, by buying 3 of the 80-cost bundles, 1 of the 140-cost bundles, 2 shovels, and 1 wind, so almost the same value. Or alternately, you can buy 5 of the 80-cost bundle and 1 wind, for a total of 25 shovels, 6 winds, and 5 vials, for a cost of 421 provisions. The way these maps are generated, those extra shovels may be worth more than a wind and a vial. And if you really prefer shovels, get 2 shovels, instead of 1 wind, for a cost of 418, giving you 27-5-5. Note that I am only trying to find what is closest to the bundle from the previous event and there may be another combination that will give better value for this year's version of the event.
It seems that 80-cost bundle is more flexible than 140-cost bundle: am I wrong?

owl76

I'm liking this change to the bundles.

Before the 420 bundle was clearly the best value and the strategy was to work out how to use the shovels / winds / vials in proportion to those received from that bundle.

Now you have several different options, allowing you much greater flexibility on strategy. There is also bonus that 80 donkeys for the smaller bundle is less than you get from the daily free + one daily quest - so you can spend all your donkeys at once and clear part of the maze each day if that is the strategy you wish to use.