• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Great Excavation

Uffauffa

Thanks @Enevhar Aldarion we'll check this out
Well, to be honest, this time everything seems to be correct.
I completed the today’s daily mission #56, the mission bar progression shows that I will face 16 mission (left) more (72 is the total number).
My counter shows 16d22h to the end, at the moment. Considering the time needed to finish this day, we can say 16d10h to the end of the event. Conforming with the announcement, it’s 16 days vs 16 missions to the end.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Amy Steele I sent in a support ticket and then looked closer at the event screens in my city, and whatever was causing the numbers to not match earlier today, before the new game day started, is now not causing an issue and my numbers now match, showing 17 more quests and 17 days left for them.

Well, to be honest, this time everything seems to be correct.
I completed the today’s daily mission #56, the mission bar progression shows that I will face 16 mission (left) more (72 is the total number).
My counter shows 16d22h to the end, at the moment. Considering the time needed to finish this day, we can say 16d10h to the end of the event. Conforming with the announcement, it’s 16 days vs 16 missions to the end.

@Enevhar Aldarion @Uffauffa thank you both. It does indeed seem that everything is correct regarding event length and remaining daily quests for this event

Laurelin-Beta

I'm still wondering to what extent (if trying to complete Season Quests as well as Event Quests) players will need to save up Event Quests and/or Event Currency to use for Season Quests. This type of Event is already difficult in terms of the randomised generation of Tiles making it harder to strategise at all (and sometimes causing major discrepancies in results achieved by different players even when using similar strategies), and it is already difficult to win more than one, if that, Daily Prize, even if not also trying for Grand Prize success. Further limiting the already-limited strategic options by attempting to reserve up to 10 x Event Quests and/or sufficient Event Currency to satisfy an unknown number of randomised incoming Daily/Weekly Season Quests which depend upon these Event elements will reduce the strategy in this particular Event type to a near-meaningless level. Furthermore, many players complain that this type of Event is both slow in progression and often disappointing in terms of results, especially in Daily Prize terms, since Currency is often spent in bulk attempting even to find any 'chests', let alone open any of them.

In short, attempting to engage (fully or even more than trivially) in Seasons while also attempting to succeed in this type of Event, in particular (although IMO this may well apply to ALL Events) will exacerbate all of the above problems, most of which are also issues in other Events anyway.

In comparison, and while it's very useful to know (thanks to those who have done the maths, of course), working out which bundle of tools is more or less valuable seems to be far less of a useful factor than it might appear, unfortunately.

I really do wish I had something less negative to say. I normally enjoy Events, especially this type of Event, but trying to play it/them at a non-casual level within the confines of Season Quests is pushing me to start largely just ignoring most Season Quests, and therefore also to find Events themselves less enjoyable overall, because I don't like to feel that I am missing out on something I possibly could have won/achieved, only because winning/achieving it has become more stressful than enjoyable. The alternative of spending even more time in-game than I do (hours/day) and/or altering my City routines to the extent that even my basic City build no longer works as efficiently as it now does is even less appealing.

I don't think the principle of FOMO, lucrative though it may be in the short-term, will sit well in Elvenar, over time. It's not the right type of game.

Dorfl the Clay

Please. This is a game.
Exactly.. so now we shouldn't play boardgames like Stratego or Risk and digital games like FOE or WoW? And also funny that you never hear people complain about a game like Monopoly when the stock market collapses and people loose their jobs and their homes. There is such a thing as trying to be too politically correct! Or should that be 'too woke'?

cassy63

it's not just about that - this event is equipped with ♥ for valentine's day - you should probably change the names of the buildings ;))

Dorfl the Clay

If Inno would be bothered about that kind of commercial rubbish, they would need to change names just about every other week :cool:...
but let's get back on topic... is it me or are events getting more easier?

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
but let's get back on topic... is it me or are events getting more easier?
Indeed, time to get back on topic, however there are several points which I feel need to be made first.

First and foremost, thank you for your feedback, contained in the following quotes, which has been heard and forwarded
i find it very strange to call a building rhythm of war in these times

If we stop using military terms or any terms because of Ukraine, then we can already stop breathing.
The world continues to exist outside of this.

... agreed with @Arthus [ETA and now @Katwick, too] on this. There should be reason in all things, as they say.

@cassy63 : I am commenting on the basis of Arthus's [IMO probably accurate] assumption that you're referring to the ongoing war which is the most widely Media-reported in the West at present, i.e. Russia-Ukraine... but if you instead meant to say that any reference to ANY type of warfare has somehow become inappropriate "in these times", i.e. nowadays in general, then I can only say that we can't avoid ever again discussing, nor indeed using as the inspiration for online video games, one of the most perennial human habits, as warfare certainly is, and especially not solely because of one particular war; what about all the rest of them? Here's an example, with spoiler tag added, being somewhat off-topic :
About a decade ago - and I doubt it's much changed nowadays - the British Armed Forces stated that they were involved to at least some extent, at any given time, in about 100 minor/major 'conflicts' a.k.a. wars around the world, either via NATO/Commonwealth alliances or in Britain's specific interests. I expect the people involved in those 'conflicts' considered them just as important as any other armed conflict, so I can't see why we should avoid this particular subject right now or at any other time, either - or indeed any news/current affairs topic, seeing as most of the world's behaviour just repeats throughout history anyway, whether we ourselves are involved or merely know about it (or neither, as is frequently the case). NB : I'm British, hence my particular stated perspective - I'm not just randomly picking on the UK!

NB : There is a similar piece of 'flavour text'/dialogue in the Spire, too. One of the Spirits asks the player "Have you heard of the rhythm of battle?".

Please. This is a game. People are so sensitive these days.

Exactly.. so now we shouldn't play boardgames like Stratego or Risk and digital games like FOE or WoW? And also funny that you never hear people complain about a game like Monopoly when the stock market collapses and people loose their jobs and their homes. There is such a thing as trying to be too politically correct! Or should that be 'too woke'?

it's not just about that - this event is equipped with ♥ for valentine's day - you should probably change the names of the buildings ;))

If Inno would be bothered about that kind of commercial rubbish, they would need to change names just about every other week :cool:...

Secondly, please be aware that beta is an international community, with players from all over the world, with many differing views and opinions among them. This is why our rules state

Be polite and constructive

• Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.
• Report aggressive messages to the staff of moderators and never reply publicly to them. Reply to posts always in a civilized and constructive way.
Remember that we all have different backgrounds and different opinions. Respect is the key of the game!

And also

Inappropriate material and language

• It is not allowed to post any discussions of illegal activities or illegal content. Politic and religious discussion are also not allowed.

Bold text added for emphasis.

While nothing in the posts quoted above crosses any line too far, and is also valid feedback regarding the name of a particular event building and therefore not too wildly off topic, please do keep in mind the above mentioned rules when posting replies in any part of this forum, thank you.

Lelanya

Wow.
There seem to a disproportionate amount of 'Enchantment' Spells quests.
Use 6 spells, x 2. I  never use that many spells in one day, unless I am pushing through a hideous overburdened sentient based chapter (15 springs immediately to mind). What were y'all thinking? Outside of aforementioned  insanely abusive goods requirements, I consider it a serious failure on my part to cast so many spells. So I can see a very limited use for this, but!!
And then there are two "Collect or Use 10 spells " Have you lost your minds???

Just the other week, a fellow of mine (in chapter 15 of course) asked if there wasn't some shortcut to gaining a large amount of tier 3 relics. I said,
Answer part 1 No.
Answer part 2 Stop cooking spells in your MA, right now.
Answer part 3 Place Evos or sets in your city that grant whatever you are short (Combine Catalysts as it turns out).
Answer part 4 Restructure your city so that you are not so reliant on spell use.
This guy has only been playing a short time. He's raced through every chapter and has arrived where he is with tier 3 + 1 relics around 380, and tier 3 + 2 at  zero. And he plays on Live!
Now I, who am closing year 6 and soon to be starting year 7, I who remember when all of our relics came solely from solving provinces
I, who placed an MA in my first city (and deeply regretted it) and waited months to place said boat anchor in my second..
I would never paint myself into such a corner! But not everyone has my experience. So I am strongly advising you, these extreme spell quests are really pushing it! And what an I supposed to say to this fellow when this event hits??

Lovec Krys

What were y'all thinking?
I don't think they think (much) about the quests, they just put some numbers (or copy+paste from past events (hopefuly they don't copy+paste quests from original bears (toolboxes with your chapter(-1) workwhops)))
But apart that i feel like my beta city will simply not finish this event's quests (too lazy for that and if nothing extra appears in next seaons, my beta city will ignore it (and only click the icon when something gets automaticaly finished)).

Enevhar Aldarion

The quests are fine with me, but I am part way through chapter 18. I was down to the daily locked quests on the 2nd day of the event, without using a cheat sheet listing the quests. I also bought only 80-cost packs, and a couple of single shovels, so far with the provisions and I am thinking I will not make it to 260 without using diamonds for extra provisions. I think getting rid of the 420-cost pack was a mistake. Or I am getting screwed on the appearance rate of the Knowledge tablets, as I am only at 182 with 9 more quests to go.

Lovec Krys

Why do we get this over and over?
1676274191701.png

1) You make quest like this.
2) We give you feedback.
3) You fix it for the event.
Next time we start over from point 1.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Why do we get this over and over?
View attachment 10967
1) You make quest like this.
2) We give you feedback.
3) You fix it for the event.
Next time we start over from point 1.
I totally agree with you that it is not really acceptable.
But if you want to know the why: I think its because they already start working on the next event even before the current has been released on beta. So they copy the quests as a base to start with, before they even collected the feedback.
Still its not acceptable to keep making the same mistake...

GerdyaanB

For the equivalent event last year (The Buried City) there were 79 quests and it lasted 21 (I think) days.
This time we have 72 quests and 19 days. That is a lot fewer provisions!
It is for sure pretty hard to obtain all buildings while having reduced the amount of donkeys so yet another change which isnt thought through....

Bor de Wolf 1965

The trick with the new setup of this event is not to open all the sand covered blocks but just enough to get close to the 50 needed for the golden eye while you have almost the entire map with covered blocks.
If you use the golden eye at that moment you see were the treasures are hidden and you go for them.
It took me a while before I figured this out but you should be very close to the 260 points needed for the entire set when the event stops.

Lovec Krys

One problem with Golden eye is that it don't distinguish between treasure chests and Amuni Knowledge stones.
For example i don't care about the set, so i go only for rewards from chests and completely ignore Knowledge stones.
And after the quest posted above, i have decided not to finish event quest on beta.