• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Great Excavation

Deadeye Jerry

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for The Great Excavation here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

tradescantia

It looks like fun! I love that style of mini-game. I just have a question:

I see a lot of sentient goods as rewards for the set buildings. What are the alternatives for players below Elementals level?

Last edited:

iDavis

All new buildings are now available to preview here, the space for event information (including daily prizes, quests and more) is prepared here. Because the Secrets of Alchemy event is still in its relatively early stage on Live servers, I do not want to make the Great Excavation the default option this soon, so to see the new stuff, make sure to select this event first (using the drop-down menu "Select event" at the top of the website).

I'm also creating some more additional content for this event which will be soon visible in the All Events page!

Katwick

If we stop using military terms or any terms because of Ukraine, then we can already stop breathing.
The world continues to exist outside of this.
European Borders since 400BC

Very much to the point, here's a link to a fascinating animated map of Europe. The conflict in Ukraine is important, of course, but it should be regarded as part of an on-going dynamic.

Laurelin-Beta

... agreed with @Arthus [ETA and now @Katwick, too] on this. There should be reason in all things, as they say.

@cassy63 : I am commenting on the basis of Arthus's [IMO probably accurate] assumption that you're referring to the ongoing war which is the most widely Media-reported in the West at present, i.e. Russia-Ukraine... but if you instead meant to say that any reference to ANY type of warfare has somehow become inappropriate "in these times", i.e. nowadays in general, then I can only say that we can't avoid ever again discussing, nor indeed using as the inspiration for online video games, one of the most perennial human habits, as warfare certainly is, and especially not solely because of one particular war; what about all the rest of them? Here's an example, with spoiler tag added, being somewhat off-topic :
About a decade ago - and I doubt it's much changed nowadays - the British Armed Forces stated that they were involved to at least some extent, at any given time, in about 100 minor/major 'conflicts' a.k.a. wars around the world, either via NATO/Commonwealth alliances or in Britain's specific interests. I expect the people involved in those 'conflicts' considered them just as important as any other armed conflict, so I can't see why we should avoid this particular subject right now or at any other time, either - or indeed any news/current affairs topic, seeing as most of the world's behaviour just repeats throughout history anyway, whether we ourselves are involved or merely know about it (or neither, as is frequently the case). NB : I'm British, hence my particular stated perspective - I'm not just randomly picking on the UK!

NB : There is a similar piece of 'flavour text'/dialogue in the Spire, too. One of the Spirits asks the player "Have you heard of the rhythm of battle?".

Last edited:

Avocado

yes, I was also irritated about this one shovel, but it seems to me, at the same time the package may have become considerably cheaper. I cannot remember the old price though.

Avocado

Yeah, it looks good on first sight. Decisions about package shopping are more fun now and there is that fun-looking interesting "golden eye" feature, too. :))

Enevhar Aldarion

yes, I was also irritated about this one shovel, but it seems to me, at the same time the package may have become considerably cheaper. I cannot remember the old price though.

The old price for the big bundle of tools was 420. Three of the new big bundles equals 420, but I don't know if the value is the same.

As for the actual event, I see it is only 19 days long, rather than the usual 21-22. @Konys or @Kersepitje or @Deadeye Jerry can this be confirmed as correct and the devs did not make the opposite mistake of the past events by making it too short, instead of too long?

BetAKassain

The old price for the big bundle of tools was 420. Three of the new big bundles equals 420, but I don't know if the value is the same.

The individual costs for a tool are a bit lower, too.
This year, you'll pay 9 for a shovel, 21 for a bottle and 30 for a vial.

The bundles are 80 for 5-1-1 (value 96) and 140 for 1-3-3 (value 162)
If you buy one of each you'll pay 220 and get 6-4-4 (value 258)

Last year the prices were 10 for a shovel, 35 for a bottle and 50 for a vial.
The bundles were 195 for 7-3-2 (value 275 - would be 185 with the new prices)
and 420 for 18-7-7 (value 775 - 519 with the new prices)

Moncsociusz

The individual costs for a tool are a bit lower, too.
This year, you'll pay 9 for a shovel, 21 for a bottle and 30 for a vial.

The bundles are 80 for 5-1-1 (value 96) and 140 for 1-3-3 (value 162)
If you buy one of each you'll pay 220 and get 6-4-4 (value 258)

Last year the prices were 10 for a shovel, 35 for a bottle and 50 for a vial.
The bundles were 195 for 7-3-2 (value 275 - would be 185 with the new prices)
and 420 for 18-7-7 (value 775 - 519 with the new prices)
Exactly. The bundles were valuable and balanced equipment wise. With enough parts that you could comfortably advance. Now I barely can advance as I need shovels to use the rest of the tools. Right now I think the bundles are just marginally better as buying things by themselves. But then I can better control what I actually need to go further and not wasting a lamp if I only would need a shovel.

Biloutte91

no problem for me ^^

Capture d’écran 2023-02-02 182324.png
Capture d’écran 2023-02-02 182335.png
Capture d’écran 2023-02-02 182348.png
Capture d’écran 2023-02-02 182411.png