• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Cauldron

iDavis

@iDavis - do we have a chance to see a video made by you, explaining this feature? I would be deeply grateful!
I won't be having mine video on this one, but we prepared the usual feature explaining video that will cover all its important details. Not sure about the release date, but I'm pretty sure it will be there when Cauldron hits the live servers.

Lovec Krys

I should add someone with all researches done, since you can be at the end of the research and still not have all 20 diplomas (you need all researches including non-mandatory in the chapter to recieve diploma):
1669736016076.png

Alcaro

Can someone with chapter 20 done, post all possible effects of the potions?
I'm afraid that will take time and a lot of work and a player willing to do that.

EDIT - unfortunately MinMaxGamer isn't with us anymore. It seems he deleted his account.

SirSmithy

I should add someone with all researches done, since you can be at the end of the research and still not have all 20 diplomas (you need all researches including non-mandatory in the chapter to recieve diploma):
View attachment 10462
I think it is the perfect time to have a button in the tech tree to “jump to next available technology”. This would help for me to find the skipped optional techies.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Seeing the effects are similar to Ancient Wonders.
Does the new Cauldron feature increase the difficulty of either the Spire or Tournament?
We don't share details about the spire or tournament difficulty calculations, so if you really want to know you will have to find that out yourselves. But in my personal opinion i dont see how this is any different then culture bonus, or expiring buildings, or pet food effects, and that doesn't seem to affect the difficulty either.
When I clicked on some odd shaped thing It told me I have 6060 of something. I have no idea what. Is it taking something that I'm going to be short on and need in about 2 minutes from now?

By the way, in order to start this, if you are in the later chapters you need to go all the way back to Chapter 5 and research the Cauldron tech.
The 6060 of something you need, are called Witch points. As the ingame information says, these will be reset every week at the start of new cauldron, so its better to use them all up before cauldron for this week is over.

There will be information about the cauldron in the wiki and our knowledge base pages, but those are typically only finished just before it hits live server. (our mods need time for their work as well)

Heymrdiedier

I think it is the perfect time to have a button in the tech tree to “jump to next available technology”. This would help for me to find the skipped optional techies.
Well I've been researching those techs i skipped during events that ask for research a technology. So I'm not sure I really like that they want us to do all those techs now immediatly. If thats the case, I hope research a tech requirement will be removed from all event quests as well.

One thing I'm still puzzled about. They promised the cauldron would allow us to spend al those 10thousands of relics we've been saving up over the years. But I still haven't found where I can use them, anyone spotted it yet?

Arthus

Well at least cauldron will strike a bit against these players who deliberately chose not to complete optional squad increase technologies to have advantage in tournaments. I already like how this function looks. We just need more time to understand it.

And if there's someone with all technologies in game done, please share all possible effects if you could, please.

Heymrdiedier

Well at least cauldron will strike a bit against these players who deliberately chose not to complete optional squad increase technologies to have advantage in tournaments. I already like how this function looks. We just need more time to understand it.

And if there's someone with all technologies in game done, please share all possible effects if you could, please.
this has already been changed years ago. The only valid reason to skip optional squad size techs, is to save some KP...

Droopy

I can improve effects:

Cauldron-question-1.JPG

Such as done by the Barracks Units Strength Increase:

Cauldron-question-2.JPG

But it has currently no effect at all.
Probably because i was not lucky to receive any effect.

Will the increase stay anyway at this level for ever or will this be vanished every week?

Karvest

List of all currently available effects (I'm too lazy to convert icon id into full human readable description, but IMHO their names are self-explanatory):
SourceNameiconId
pe_301Magical Tax Increasemoney
pe_302Supply Surplus Spellsupplies
pe_303General's Mayhemhb_strength
pe_304Trader's Basic Pleagoods_standard_basic
pe_305Trader's Refined Pleagoods_standard_refined
pe_306Trader's Precious Pleagoods_standard_precious
pe_307Monsters' Mayhemtg_strength
pe_308Gift of the High Menportal_production
pe_309Horde Uprisingorcs
pe_310Enar's Boonmana
pe_311Mercenaries' Mayhemmc_strength
pe_312Harvest Moonseeds
pe_313Trader's Basic Prayergoods_sentient_basic
pe_314Trader's Refined Prayergoods_sentient_refined
pe_315Trader's Precious Prayergoods_sentient_precious
pe_316Monsters' Morale Boosttg_health
pe_317Mercenaries' Morale Boostmc_health
pe_318Unur's Resurgenceunurium
pe_319Trader's Basic Blessinggoods_ascended_basic
pe_320Trader's Refined Blessinggoods_ascended_refined
pe_321Trader's Precious Blessinggoods_ascended_precious
pe_322General's Morale Boosthb_health

So to get Mercenary Camp units health increase I need to finish at least chapter 17 (now I have only 3 first effects available due to optional techs not being researched)

Prueba2

We don't share details about the spire or tournament difficulty calculations, so if you really want to know you will have to find that out yourselves. But in my personal opinion i dont see how this is any different then culture bonus, or expiring buildings, or pet food effects, and that doesn't seem to affect the difficulty either.

Well, allow me to disagree. Previously, it has been indicated which factors affect it
Behind the Scenes: Upcoming Tournament Changes

Furthermore, researched (optional) Squad Size Upgrade technologies will no longer make Tournament participation more expensive.

Up until now, they were directly linked to your Squad Size, meaning that any Squad Size Upgrade technology, both the mandatory and optional ones, would result in higher costs. This will be abolished and instead we will base the costs on a series of progression factors, which involve city development and researches in general.

The impact of placed Expansions on the costs formula has been reduced. This was done for both Regular and Premium Expansions, where Premium Expansions' impact was reduced more than Regular Expansions'. Note: Premium Expansions have always had a lower impact than Regular Expansions. This change will also affect the Spire of Eternity, and will be part of the 1.111 update on all Live worlds, and will therefore be released separately from the new Tournaments.

Lovec Krys

@Biloutte91 What reason can you have for not researching squad sizes?
It's been quite a long time since they negativelly affected tournament squad size.
Now they don't have any negative effect on tournaments or Spire.

Enevhar Aldarion

You can already do that. Go to the research tree and click on each chapter along the bottom line. If you have no skipped research, it takes you to the beginning of the chapter. If you have research in the chapter you skipped, it will take you to the first one.