• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Enevhar Aldarion

Beside not giving us bit of time to breathe, they also aren't in any hurry to find a way to implement a "vacation mode". Soon the summer is here and if I can go in holiday (Covid restrictions aso) I might not come back if a vacation mode isn't implemented by then. There's no fun in coming back after some weeks and find all decaying goods GONE!

That is why Inno wants everyone to play the mobile version. You always have your phone with you, so there is no vacation from the game needed.

Alcaro

That is why Inno wants everyone to play the mobile version. You always have your phone with you, so there is no vacation from the game needed.
yes, I understand what Inno wants but not everywhere exist internet and not everyone has a smart smartphone :D Beside that, some might want a real vacation, free from ALL obligations.
But enough off-topic ;)
As I already said and Pauly said it again, sitting in Golden league until the end of the event it's possible only if you buy lots of event currency (which is not going to happen, in my case)

Enevhar Aldarion

So there are currently 10,305 Beta cities, so if by some miracle, 10,000 cities are active at all during this event, that means the top 1% getting gold would be the top 100 cities. That is a very tiny number of active players to qualify for those top prizes. And if only 5000 of those cities participate at all, then we are looking at only 50 players winning those Gold prizes. That is very pay-to-win and elitist of Inno to do. And that also means that if Gold is only 50 players, but 60 or 70, or more, players throw extra money at the event, they will not get anything for it. Inno will reap profits and lost customers too. These categories should be a set amount of points earned in the event, not a percent of top cities. This is not PvP for the top few hundred players, this is IvP, Inno vs Player.

This is almost as bad and unfair as when they were giving away the Gravity Inn to just a handful of players.

@Marindor @Scoobydoo and any other CM reading this, you all better pass this along to the Inno devs to expand this before it goes to the Live servers or there will be some major revolts among the top players that will make the protests to the tournament changes look like nothing.

SoggyShorts

if by some miracle, 10,000 cities are active at all during this event
2700 players with a tournament score greater than zero. Not a great indication.
Maybe players need to band together and everyone should wait until the last hour locks in so that 3-4% of players can finish in the top 1%.

Having 60-80 wallet warriors duking it out for the grand prize on live is a crappy play by inno. I'm sure it'll generate some cash, but it will generate hate as well.

Enevhar Aldarion

2700 players with a tournament score greater than zero. Not a great indication.

I do have active Beta neighbors who are not in fellowships, so there are more actives than just the ones with tourney scores. And there are players on all servers who are in fellowships, but do not do all, or any, of the tournaments, weird as that may seem. I was just picking some random, round numbers for the example. Let's say those 2700, plus about 300 other actives. That makes the number even worse. 3000 Beta cities that may participate means 30 for that 1% top prize. That is just total BS from Inno.

Oh, and I say cities and not players, because we know there are quite a few players with more than one city on a server, who keep them all active. After all, how can someone test everything properly on Beta if you do not have at least a human and an elf city to check all the differences between them?

Ibison2

It seems that people are complaining that Inno is giving them more rewards. The main/basic rewards seem similar to last year. So you are just getting an opportunity for more rewards.

So for the people who hate this, do you want Inno to just rid of it?? Or do you want them to make it so you get something based solely on what you do? In which case they will cut the reward amounts.

Enevhar Aldarion

So for the people who hate this, do you want Inno to just rid of it?? Or do you want them to make it so you get something based solely on what you do? In which case they will cut the reward amounts.

No. Look at the numbers. As a random example, you could have 50 players spend real money to try and make the top 1%, but maybe only 30 of those players will get those extra prizes. Do you think it is fair, or even legal in the EU, for those extra 20 players to get nothing for their money? This is not a "Spend X and get the top tier of rewards". This is spend and maybe you will not throw your money away.

little bee

This isn't competition. Not really. 1% of people get the top prizes. That will be SOLELY people buying extra event currency. It won't make any difference to anything how people play the event.
I sincerely doubt that. At least for live worlds. (And beta is a really bad place to test players spending habbits.)
On my live world there are usually 10k+ players with a positive tournament score. And probably a lot more, who do not participate, but log in at least once in 20 days. So it is likely that several hundred people on live will get the top reward. I suspect that is more than the number of players, who do every quest, collect every log-in bonus and regularly collect from around the city.
And even then RNG (i.e. getting extra currency from chests will probably make more difference than buying extra currency.)
But in anyway, we should just wait and see what actually happens.

I do have one complaint that I do not need to wait on though. I really hate the way the leagues progress. They are based on spending event currency rather than on gaining it. But most players tend to hoard their currency for days and then spend it all at once. That means there is no progression. You just stay at 0 for a really long time, then make a few sudden jumps and then stay still again. During the event itselve you can never check where you are in comparison to other. And there is not really any need to uptade the numbers every hour. They are useless anyways (except to show which daily prizes are popular). And that just makes everything feel random.

Lovec Krys

But most players tend to hoard their currency for days and then spend it all at once
Majority of us forum active player certainly do, but i'm not so sure about those less active. We can only guess.
But i agree that with this system our position in the leagues is irrelevant for most time of the event. (f.e. my beta city waits with 2k event currency in the Lobby leagu:esmile: ).

SoggyShorts

Or do you want them to make it so you get something based solely on what you do?
Yes. I'm a huge fan of "If I do this, I'll get that".
Alternatively, they could have set server-wide goals where if the total points of al players crosses certain thresholds then participants get better rewards. Spire-style so that you still have to contribute fairly, not tournament-style where you could just do the minimum to get group rewards.
10k+ players with a positive tournament score. And probably a lot more, who do not participate, but log in at least once in 20 days. So it is likely that several hundred people on live will get the top reward.
You might want to recheck your math on that.
10K active players = 100 winners, not "several hundred"
"several" means at least 3, usually 5ish, so unless you think 2/3 to 4/5 players get zero in the tournament you are way off.

Killy

Why bother with the total number? It's 1% who are getting gold (plus maybe some extra) whatever the total number is.

The Fairy

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a full set without getting any pieces from the league rewards? If it is such that it is possible to get a full set without paying and those who pay may get a second set then I think I am fine with this. But if you have to pay to get (a chance of getting) a full set - then I don't like the leagues.

Karvest

It is possible to get 3 full sets from all sources. But I think those who would get 2 full sets from grand prizes, would also get gold league reward as well.

The Fairy

It is possible to get 3 full sets from all sources. But I think those who would get 2 full sets from grand prizes, would also get gold league reward as well.

Thanks, but I am not sure if I understand you - or maybe I did ask the wrong question? So let me try to ask a new question.
Will those who usually get a full set / a fully evolved building still be able to do so if they play like usual? Or will I need to play more now to get the same rewards as I used to get?

little bee

Thanks, but I am not sure if I understand you - or maybe I did ask the wrong question? So let me try to ask a new question.
Will those who usually get a full set / a fully evolved building still be able to do so if they play like usual? Or will I need to play more now to get the same rewards as I used to get?
Yes, you will still get a full set as easily as usually. The league rewards are additionally.

Droopy

I think this League is a nice fresh event.

As long as the league ranking rewards at the end are not needed to get your set complete its a great event.
That those who buy diamonds will end up in the top 1% is fine with me. Not everybody can win and you want to have a competition.

Would be nice to have 2 ranking lists:

1) Ranking list from the league where all participants are list who participate in your world.
2) Ranking list from the league with only the participants from your fellowship.

Pauly7

Just an observation regarding player participation: 50% of all Beta players can achieve 'amateur' level. As of now the threshold for reaching amateur has already been increased to 14. Therefore out of all Beta cities, whether active or not, at least 50% are not only playing, but they have already all reached at least 14 blue curly-wurlys.

Karvest

Not 50% of all beta players, but 50% of those who opened at least one beacon of power, as far as I understand.