• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Jackluyt

I have 8 of the Beacons of Power. Last time there were 9. Does anyone have the two screenshots required to finish this graphic for me?
Send as a private message please.

NEVER MIND - problem solved - there are 2 different 45 with the same picture!!
How odd!!

187205407_10219200823472042_6665089367941954583_n.jpg

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

This is the same as any other event, just with some bonus stuff added on. And this is no more PvP than the FAs are. No one is killing my troops or stealing my goods or burning down my Main Hall.
If the success of others causes your failure, that's PvP as far as I'm concerned.
Thankfully in the FA the top prizes are crap so it doesn't matter, but now Set buildings are on the line?

I'm pretty confident that I'll make a top ranking, but that also means that because of my success someone else will fail.
I hate this direction.

FieryArien

This is the same as any other event, just with some bonus stuff added on. And this is no more PvP than the FAs are. No one is killing my troops or stealing my goods or burning down my Main Hall.
If it’s the same, than what top 1% prices in FA are on par with the prices in the top 1% League (2 set buildings, one of which provides 1 CC and materials for the second one, 10 RR spells and something else I don’t remember now)?

Skillpowers

If it’s the same, than what top 1% prices in FA are on par with the prices in the top 1% League (2 set buildings, one of which provides 1 CC and materials for the second one, 10 RR spells and something else I don’t remember now)?

you get have a chance to win extra items thats it , aslong u have set people are happy right? and someone like myself rather have 4x4 event building that gives 3 kp everyday so once im done with the chapters i can start filling my AW faster

Jackluyt

Did you mean 2 of the same 45s with different pictures? That's what your graphic shows..
No; I posted the graphic because I thought I was missing one that I could not find. Then I discovered that there are 2 45's that look the same until you open them and discover that they are different - which is why I couldn't find the missing one.
I wonder if this was deliberate or did they make a glitch? It is going to be difficulat to make a Which Beacon is Best graphic when there are two that look the same!!
I will post the correct graphic later when I have time to finish it.

Jackluyt

Note that there are two Beacons that look identical but their contents are different - which is going to cause a lot of confusion! I am pretty sure this is an unintended glitch?

187314536_10219201587571144_7124565744667214019_n.jpg

Earwen1

As it was already pointed, one doesn't need to play it, just to get some daily reward (maybe, spend it to be counted as participant, I didn't see some other criteria then participating, but I may be wrong).
So, we have some 20 days for event, 100 alts (just for the sake of easy math), that gives us just 5 alts per day to get the needed number. Again, it's just an example of at least one defect of the proposed system, that I see.
That is not an answer to my question and this hypothesis is not realistic to my opinion.

But in case it would be a realistic case to someone - just in case - this theory fails.

For it doesn't matter whether 100, 1000 or 10.000 players are playing this event, or are just lurking around. There will be 50% most active, be it 50, 500 or 5000 players and there will be a 1% most active: 1, 10 or 100 players. And yes, all players, even inactive ones will get the 'hobby' reward of 5 KP.

I think there is no reason to expect to create 100 alts, only to get them 5 KP each in 3 weeks and a daily reward added to that. It will not be enough to grow beyond the 'hobby-league, because all players get that much.

Earwen1

Why is the avatar you can win in top 1% soooo male ... now I might want so show the world I was in top 1% with a new avatar BUT give us a choice of a female too... or are the designers telling us they only expect the top 1% to be male?? PAH
Yes! I agree fully!

Shereana

That is not an answer to my question and this hypothesis is not realistic to my opinion.
You were asking about time - I showed you it is possible.

And yes, all players, even inactive ones will get the 'hobby' reward of 5 KP.
As stated here, one has to be (somewhat) active to count:
Only actively participating players in the event are counted to determine the League you're in.

As for the math...
For it doesn't matter whether 100, 1000 or 10.000 players are playing this event, or are just lurking around. There will be 50% most active, be it 50, 500 or 5000 players and there will be a 1% most active: 1, 10 or 100 players. And yes, all players, even inactive ones will get the 'hobby' reward of 5 KP.

I think there is no reason to expect to create 100 alts, only to get them 5 KP each in 3 weeks and a daily reward added to that. It will not be enough to grow beyond the 'hobby-league, because all players get that much.
The thing is that by adding alts you increase the actual number of player getting prizes, e.g. 100 players are participating in leagues. Let's assume I get 10 point and I am the last person on the list (100th position with hobby prizes). Now I create 100 alts and get 1 point on each, making them count in leagues. In this case I'm still #100, but from 200 characters now. This obviously puts me in higher league - in this case I'm in top-50% and have 10 points. And yes, by this I make person at #2 to get into Gold-league, and so on for player on top of their league - they will move up by 1 league, if minimum points are collected.

Yes, 100 alts is an extreme example just to show the problem of leagues. But, as it is nearly always, I assume that no changes will be made, so we can just relax and play the game as it is :)

Hazel Caballus

I don’t like the adaptive league system and I think it should be replaced by some fixed numbers one should reach in order to receive the respective rewards. So far, I didn’t see any change in the numbers, though (I thought it was announced to be updated regularly... maybe so far there weren’t enough people using their event currency to cause a change in the league requirements?)

or are the designers telling us they only expect the top 1% to be male?? PAH

That‘s exactly what I thought when I had a look at the avatar. I believe that Inno should really offer a female portrait as well, otherwise not just a few beta players but a lot more people might feel offended.

Earwen1

Yes, 100 alts is an extreme example just to show the problem of leagues. But, as it is nearly always, I assume that no changes will be made, so we can just relax and play the game as it is :)
It could be a problem IF someone is going to create as many new accounts as there are players on this server right now.
That number is >10.000. No one is going to create 10.000 alts, really.
Conclusion: this 'problem' does not exist.

Wowwie

you can't fix an ta
what happen to the Fa ooo right you had a Holiday so we could not do
I for one is so glad it was cancelled
I think Inno likes to have the apples turned upside and sideways
we get a league event in an event (an Foe Idea moved to Inno creative If guess)If I wanted too play on Foe i would of stay there did not like it came to Elvenar
I m sure some players love the idea not much of a fan , at least it not a requirement
not much into set building there no expansions left to place so one ends up looking at them in inventory
but a good event for those that do
Good Luck on the Quests

Shereana

It could be a problem IF someone is going to create as many new accounts as there are players on this server right now.
That number is >10.000. No one is going to create 10.000 alts, really.
Conclusion: this 'problem' does not exist.
10 000 registered players is not the same as 10 000 active players, as I already cited, information for now is that inactive players wont count (otherwise I would not count alts as problem, since we have enough players who left to replace alts in the example). Tournament gives not reliable data of less then 2 500 players (but 100% active).

And one other example. No 100 alts this time (this number was needed only to get everyone gold).
If every active player will create 1 alt, it will populate hobby level and let people get prizes from higher league (which is positive from player's point of view, so we can count that it is not a problem for now, can't we?). Some already have that much on live servers due to possibility to create cities on multiple servers from the same group (en-de-etc.), not really helping themself in this case, but other server, but still.
And what about 2 alts? May be 3 alts? 3 alts from every active player let every active player get at least bronze.

So, my question is, is this system good? Why should my result be dependent on the fact how many players will be weakly represented in the event (new players, alts, just busy people) not just on my achievements, not only earned scores? We can ignore or even use this simple math to improve our own results, no doubt, and say that we have no problem with this system. May be, this even was developers intention, I do not know.

Lovec Krys

You can guess the active players by looking into the tournament statistics (at the end of tourney).
Add some players who might play the event but didn't play tournament round.
And you have approximate number of players playing the event. From that, you can derive approximate number of players for gold, silver,...

I have also noticed that the points needed for each flag has remained constant so far.
So either not enough players used their event currencies yet, or something is not working properly.