• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Earwen1

I think that a lot of the outcome will depend on whether we will have a lock on the last 22 quests again, opening up one per day.

If that is the case again, winning or losing Gold league will be a matter of spending on event currency OR damn good luck getting extra in the game itself.

In case the quests will be infinite, winning or losing Gold League will depend on involved participation much more.

Earwen1

Yes, of course!
In this case the challenge is less appealing. I am in gold, for now, but not expecting to stay there.

Pauly7

Not 50% of all beta players, but 50% of those who opened at least one beacon of power, as far as I understand.
OK I see. I was just going by a note on the league screen that says "League requirements are based on the event progress of all players on this world".

Heymrdiedier

I think competition is a very good way to get more income for inno. So i understand why they add it. But if you want real competition you need to have prices that are worth it. Im not sure this is the case right now? Same thing for FA, you would be able to get much more money out of it, if the prizes were better, so people actually wanted it. Thus making overal score for every FS higher, and thus more people feel the urge to spend.

If you can get top prizes without spending because noone really wants them, then don't expect to gain much extra income from it.

remember phoenix event and bear event, those where events that had prizes who were worth it, and many people spent a lot of money on them (to get multiple pets)

Enevhar Aldarion

Not 50% of all beta players, but 50% of those who opened at least one beacon of power, as far as I understand.

Look at the League list again. Hobby still says 0+, so maybe they really are basing the percent on all accounts, not just on those who open at least one beacon and get at least one staff for the League. That would mean a little over 100 Beta cities will make Gold, based on the total number of cities, instead of 30-40, based on number of participating cities.

FieryArien

Look at the League list again. Hobby still says 0+, so maybe they really are basing the percent on all accounts, not just on those who open at least one beacon and get at least one staff for the League. That would mean a little over 100 Beta cities will make Gold, based on the total number of cities, instead of 30-40, based on number of participating cities.
Here is Marindor’s quote from the first page of this thread:
From the info I have, it should work as follows:
  • Only actively participating players in the event are counted to determine the League you're in.
EDIT: It can be at least one beacon as Karvest said, it can be one fulfilled quest, one claimed daily reward, one picked up scroll from around the city, or maybe just looking at the event screen for all I care. However, it doesn’t sound like all the dead accounts across the server are counted.

foots1234

I am a new player on the beta server and am confused on how i'm supposed to get to the top league. I feel like I have no chance against some of the top players and I do plan on participating. I'm really sad that I can't get the top league and I will be really surprised if I get even to the bronze league. I feel left out

Karvest

If you can finish quest line and log in often enough to gather all scrolls from the ground - the only thing that give old players an advantage is ashen phoenix, but its effect can be superseded by good luck with getting some scrolls back from the beacon once. P2W can make much bigger advantage.

Enevhar Aldarion

EDIT: It can be at least one beacon as Karvest said, it can be one fulfilled quest, one claimed daily reward, one picked up scroll from around the city, or maybe just looking at the event screen for all I care. However, it doesn’t sound like all the dead accounts across the server are counted.

It can't be to collect at least one beacon or the Hobby level would not be 0+, because collecting a beacon means you have at least 1 minimum. If they just make it a requirement of collecting one beacon to be eligible, then all that guesswork would be eliminated.

But regardless of how they determine the actual number of cities for each level, this still smells of illegal gambling, especially once this is on the Live servers, where a lot more of the top players spend real money.

LwennA

I am shown to be in hobby league, and I have not opened a beacon, did not complete a quest (not even the free daily one), did not pick up a scroll from around the city. I only accepted the initial scrolls you start with from the event-started screen and opened the event screen. So this is probably enough to be counted as active.

maxiqbert

It can't be to collect at least one beacon or the Hobby level would not be 0+, because collecting a beacon means you have at least 1 minimum. If they just make it a requirement of collecting one beacon to be eligible, then all that guesswork would be eliminated.

But regardless of how they determine the actual number of cities for each level, this still smells of illegal gambling, especially once this is on the Live servers, where a lot more of the top players spend real money.
the hobby league is better described as "not the top 50%"
so the hobby level will stay at 0+, whatever everyone does

Enevhar Aldarion

The key is for as many players as possible to stay casual until the last 59 minutes, that way we can get as many as possible into gold league.

Except there is no adjustment to the League levels in the final hour, so if someone were to wait til 59 minutes left to spend everything, they would be stuck at Hobby level, no matter how much they saved up. If someone wants more than Hobby level, they have to spend everything while there is still more than an hour left in the event.

Karvest

I guess "last hour" is added for p2w players to be able to catch up league they want. If there would be no such thing - many players would refuse to spend anything at the end, knowing that their $$$ can be wasted by other players spending more. And if $$$ spent during "last hour" won't change position in league at all - that would be a huge shock for spenders.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

So, looking at the grand prize progression, it takes the same number of grand prizes for a set as it does with an evolving building to max one out: 13. Multiply that by 20 to get 260 sorcerer's staffs for the League progression. Bronze is probably going to be that mark, for all the average players who will complete the set. I wonder what the final mark will be for Silver and Gold? Double that for Silver and triple that for Gold, maybe?

SoggyShorts

Except there is no adjustment to the League levels in the final hour, so if someone were to wait til 59 minutes left to spend everything, they would be stuck at Hobby level, no matter how much they saved up. If someone wants more than Hobby level, they have to spend everything while there is still more than an hour left in the event.
Hmm, that's not how I read Marindor's post on it.
The calculation for minimum requirements to enter a league stop, but players can still change leagues, no?

Otherwise no diamond spending in the last hour.

Imagine how many pissed-off players there will be if they log in during the last hour, see the requirement is 20 more points so they buy diamonds to buy scrolls to get staves, and then their league doesn't change despite passing the threshold.

@Marindor, can we get clarity on this,please?

Last edited: