• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Rise of the Phoenix Cult

Karvest

If you maximize crafting, you need more CCs than spire can provide as well. (even with MA fully loaded with crafting only CCs, which is also not the best approach, since MMs are rare too).

Lovec Krys

Did you just give me advice to go to the top of the spire to win libraries that are no longer available (and that you yourself said are no longer available)?
No, I'm just telling you, that you could do it in the past (not so distant past).
And you might have some additional ones still in inventory.
Unfortunately this doesn't work for future anymore. Now Libraries (=more than 1 set) are just becoming remnants of the past (like the old sets from times where sets were still worth their space).

Questar

For those of you, who were used to use my building tables on CZ forum, I have created and transferred them to my new platform, which, in addition to other new features, also finally allowed me to implement the full evolving building display feature, as well as new comparison and filter tools for the event buildings.
All the new buildings from this event are already published there.
Thanks @iDavis - is this the full list? Six buildings plus the Phoenix seems less than in previous events ...

Jammin

They will stay in the cities until another source of additional CCs will be introduced.
read "a better source" because if it ain't "better" nobody will replace it.
I have always insisted that the entire Evolution buildings provide the players with resources that are rare, but the structure is almost always the same (coins and supplies and then some scrap and knowledge points) Mainly because of the knowledge points, the Evos are provided, possibly because they're pretty ... really useful? hardly likely.
In addition, the Evos are limited if you don't want to pay, so they could be made stronger.

From my point of view it will be impossible to get the players to delete the library set, because Inno would have to give something that is even worse than the set ... bad in this case means even more OP. The only downside to the set is that it is very large and takes up a lot of space if you have it multiple times, but it's worth the space even if it's not updated with RR.

I have no idea how Inno would like to solve that, I don't care, I will never delete my 9 sets and I would put 6 more if I had space because they are in my inventory.

Edit:
If someone is wondering where the feedback on the current event is in this post, the feedback is not only about making the Evos pretty but also strong, so strong that there is no question of whether to play an event or not.
In addition, some problems would solve themselves if Inno made reasonable Evos.

Last edited:

FieryArien

From my point of view it will be impossible to get the players to delete the library set, because Inno would have to give something that is even worse than the set ... bad in this case means even more OP.
Not really, it doesn’t have to be better (or even OP). The idea isn’t from my head, but I like it’s simplicity: the most basic fix (apart from modifying the Library set itself) would be to introduce new, almost identical set in the Spire. The difference would be T2+x production (where x is 0, 1 or 2).
It would take time, but eventually people would naturally replace their Library sets with the newly won sets. I bet your 9 sets are quite unusual and most people have way less of them. :) And even you could probably start replacing them partially in several phases.

Aeva

Actually these 9 sets from @Jammin are not that unusual.
I have 7 in an Elvenar city plus 6 in my inventory. I thought that 13 would be overkill :oops:

SoggyShorts

Not really, it doesn’t have to be better (or even OP). The idea isn’t from my head, but I like it’s simplicity: the most basic fix (apart from modifying the Library set itself) would be to introduce new, almost identical set in the Spire. The difference would be T2+x production (where x is 0, 1 or 2).
It would take time, but eventually people would naturally replace their Library sets with the newly won sets.
I know I wouldn't replace my 4 sets at all no matter what. Why? Because I still have 6 normal T2 factories, and if you give me another set that efficiently gives me more T2 and some other goodies I'll replace my factories, not my moonset.

Also, a huge issue with this idea is the complete isolation of players from trading.
E.G. If the moonset gives me scrolls, and my boosted factories give me crystals, and the new set gives me silk, how many T2 trades do you think I need? So only boost+0 works for the new building set which, again means that players replace factories, not libraries.

Jackluyt

157951069_10218764170355987_8337580689355319168_n.jpg

Pauly7

I know I wouldn't replace my 4 sets at all no matter what. Why? Because I still have 6 normal T2 factories, and if you give me another set that efficiently gives me more T2 and some other goodies I'll replace my factories, not my moonset.
But if you've replaced those 6 factories and then you get more new-style sets...

I'd say it has to be a smidge better than the library set anyway, to get people motivated.

Enevhar Aldarion

Not sure how discussing the library set took over the event thread, but anyway, a replacement set should not give tier 2 goods at all, or the same problem will happen with a 2nd good. If should give a tier 1 good instead, and instead of a CC, perhaps 2-3 VV per day. And fewer spell fragments.

As for the event itself, I finished quest 57 earlier today and am now waiting for the next quest to unlock. And got this far again without any advance preparation.

Arthus

Ashen was around 7k pop before major change happened before hitting beta.
Sled was also weakened, multiplier for evolution level was lowered.
It seems that there is a person in team that nerfs the buildings before they hit beta so we won't see them how they were planned originally.
Sled was originally planned as the first evolving building that gives only culture and no population.
That's why there should be alpha version to test statistics with players or start beta tests sooner.
Evolving buildings are very underwhelming for many players i've talked with. They notice small population, and that they produce many things but not important ones or they are weak in every of them.

If someone has around 16k-20k (depending on level of ch15 wonder) population per 5x4 of town space in form of magic residence, and 3.3k per 4x4 of evolving building , then it's obvious what he/she will choose.

I just hope Ashen works same as owl and is boosted by ch14/15 wonders because 4k of T5 is laughtable. Atm i get 29k of T5 per 3h from 2 manufactories on spell boost (without storm phoenix).

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

I hadn't even noticed. Probably because the event offers
  • uninteresting daily prizes
  • uninteresting quests
  • uninteresting grand prize
  • uninteresting chest system
Doesn't level much to talk about.

You know, unless there is a constant power creep, there are few prizes that could statisfy you, as soon as your established, have a ton of RRS to keep the current ones alive. it will be very hard to find interesting prizes, but for people that new, and grow these event are still fantastic, I remember having a lot of fun when a new world opened and all the event prizes where interesting , event after event after event.

Maybe to a certain extend RRS has killed part of the event fun. without RRS each time you hit a new chapter events become interesting again.
now without power creep and a stagnant city it's all the same.

little bee

Not sure how discussing the library set took over the event thread,
We were discussing the artifact craft for 10k fragments and whether it could lead to more libraries being placed. Technically this is part of the event.

But here is some feedback to the rest of the event:
- I love the loading screen.
- Quest are fine, but I really miss the event story. (And yes, I do actually read it.)
- The daily and grand prizes all look nice.
- The chest system isn't special, but works just fine. I would, however, prefer it if every chest got its own color again.