• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion March of the Herds

Elderflower

I have managed so far with the goods quests but the amount of supplies needed to fulfill quests has got me using my spell boosts for the first time. Up until now I have kept my workshops upgraded such that they always provided what I needed and sometimes had a bit of excess that I could dump in the wholesaler.
Event quests that asked me to create X amount of 5/15/60 minute etc supply productions could easily be fulfilled by building umpteen first level workshops for the duration of the event. Also I never created any Power of Provision Spells except in response to event quests. As a result I had accumulated over 200 of the things.
Now all my workshops are under a spell boost almost full time just to keep up with the demand for supplies. I suppose this is the developers trying to get more people to actually use their Magic Academy as part of the game.

DeletedUser

I have managed so far with the goods quests but the amount of supplies needed to fulfill quests has got me using my spell boosts for the first time. Up until now I have kept my workshops upgraded such that they always provided what I needed and sometimes had a bit of excess that I could dump in the wholesaler.
Event quests that asked me to create X amount of 5/15/60 minute etc supply productions could easily be fulfilled by building umpteen first level workshops for the duration of the event. Also I never created any Power of Provision Spells except in response to event quests. As a result I had accumulated over 200 of the things.
Now all my workshops are under a spell boost almost full time just to keep up with the demand for supplies. I suppose this is the developers trying to get more people to actually use their Magic Academy as part of the game.

If the developers wanted us to use the Magic Academy more, then why o why did they introduce another kind of spell (call Instants) which you can't produce in the Academy? :confused:

DeletedUser1681

"The probability chart" may be accurate, but somehow I just can't help being very disappointed even if it's just my bad luck :(.

Local server the bronze chest gave me almost double attempts (from starting points), total of 13, but no building. Today similar story - I was very lucky to get more and more attempts, total of 20, the last of which gave me Blue tree enclosure. I would have loved to have another one but concluded that if the randomness factor makes it this difficult this time I rather save some attempts for another prize.

And what I mean by "this time" - I must have been very lucky xmas and easter events. I had plenty of those buildings that I went for but can't remember having that much more snowflakes/eggs/etc to open chests with. So, yep, disappointed.
How could I describe it best.... maybe those of you who played early Civilization games remember the feeling that you had when a spearman destroyed your shiny tank - within random and probability factors perhaps, but not a very rewarding gaming experience.

DeletedUser283

let it be stated clearly :
this time, I am running this event as a beta tester : I follow the questline and check everything is working (and collect rewards on the way);
now if another event comes in the future with "pay your entire stock of goods" or "gain 2 days worth of coin collection" quests, I will simply boycott it;
I do not think it is a good thing that developpers force us to deplete our stock of goods;
I do not think that overwhelming tasks are a good quest item;

as an exemple, it took me so much time to finally complete quest 76 (gain an insane amount of coins) that when I reached quest 77 (gain 24 relics) the tournament was over;
I am now stuck with a quest that I cannot fulfill in a quick and elegant way because I do not have enough goods to cater for that many encounters, and barracks are so sluggish that I cannot get troops fast enough to fight for them;
it will probably take me till tuesday night and next tournament so that I can finally complete this quest

I believe in challenging quests in an event like this, but I certainly do not believe in frustrating quests, nor do i wish to see any more of those economy-damaging quests.

DeletedUser1681

I think this is game planning on different levels.
They are developing events that can (?) be finished without using diamonds - but they are not shying away from creating situations where players are either frustrated, or want to advance so bad that they eventually make their credit cards sing. We are not playing for free, somebody has to pay for the development.

DeletedUser283

Yes you can :p
Ever considered you can win relics in chests aswell? ;););)

max 3 relics a day with NH, what a boon ... not ! :(
or maybe you are talking about the event chests ?
in order to open event chests, you need to complete quests to win beetroots; but I cannot complete a quest until I get the relics from a chest ... this is going nowhere, I 'm afraid ...

DeletedUser1777

or maybe you are talking about the event chests ?
Correct, thats what I was referring to.

I don't know how you handle your collected sugar beets.
I keep them until there is a daily prize I would like to have. At the moment I'am at quest 83, so it seems I'm a little ahead of you with the quests.

But you should have collected enough, to have some of them in spare.
I had a peek in your city, seems you are fighting a lot, at least I understand why it is harder for you to pay those goods

SoggyShorts

It looks to me like the developers were rushed to get these events out without actually trying to do the quests themselves. If they did try to complete the quests, then they would see just how difficult some of them are, especially for new players. ........ Events are supposed to be a morale booster - something fun to do - not a hindrance to your advancing in the game.
1. I really doubt that the developers tried doing all of the quests at all, or if they did, they used one of the "god" cities we see in their videos with unlimited diamonds coins etc.
2. There seems to be a desire from the devs to create "challenges" more than "events". I've played other games where the christmas event was an advent calendar, and you got to open a box every day that you logged in. Everyone loved it, even without a challenge.

And what I mean by "this time" - I must have been very lucky xmas and easter events. I had plenty of those buildings that I went for but can't remember having that much more snowflakes/eggs/etc to open chests with. So, yep, disappointed.
iirc christmas gave us about ~6400 snowflakes, and this event is around ~4600 beets.

DeletedUser283

Correct, thats what I was referring to.

I don't know how you handle your collected sugar beets.
I keep them until there is a daily prize I would like to have. At the moment I'am at quest 83, so it seems I'm a little ahead of you with the quests.

But you should have collected enough, to have some of them in spare.
I had a peek in your city, seems you are fighting a lot, at least I understand why it is harder for you to pay those goods

I spend my sugar beets on interesting prizes, and I do not have enough right now to open a big chest
I only go for these ones.
and yes, I am fighting a lot, and negociating when necessary;
did that since the beginning;
would I had enough sugar beets for a 140 chest, it would be to no avail as today's chest seems broken ;)

lika1961

There seems to be a desire from the devs to create "challenges" more than "events".

Agreed. It is enough of a challenge to keep playing a game that gets slower and slower as you proceed through the chapters. Events are supposed to be a distraction and a bit of harmless fun. I think the key is for the devs to pay more attention to what players actually enjoy instead of assuming we will enjoy events that have become work instead of fun. And excluding a lot of smaller players by unrealistic quests is definitely no fun at all :(

Elderflower

would I had enough sugar beets for a 140 chest, it would be to no avail as today's chest seems broken ;)
Yes I can't find out what the prize is for today either. I tried logging out and in but it still doesn't show and if I hover over where it ought to be I get nonsense text.
today's herds prize.jpg

DeletedUser1163

I logged a ticket about the prize not displaying and Support informed me the glitch was fixed. Now back to the regularly scheduled March of the Herds!
We will face many challenges on our journey to discover the ancient secrets of Elvenar. How to use space more efficiently, whether to battle or negotiate, etc. This is enough of a challenge for me. I don’t want the events to be challenging. I want them to be FUN.

Arrrrr! 74,000 supplies are needed for a quest. You know what my total of supplies are now? Zero! I'd like all the Orcs in Elvenar to chase the game developers who chose these quests.

DeletedUser1163

The game developers do listen to us. I'm thinking this is a game still in progress and the developers are making improvements based on our suggestions. The events could use a few changes. I wonder if what we're paying for in goods is the beautiful artwork and animation put into these event buildings. Either way, the amount of goods being asked for in these quests are RIDICULOUS.

You have to admit the artwork in Elvenar is beautifully done. Never thought an elven army would have lizard men and 3-headed dogs fighting alongside them. I’m on my way to watch the Vallorian Guards change their posts guarding my city. You know how they do that? One gets out of the hot tub while the other gets in.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

The game developers do listen to us. I'm thinking this is a game still in progress and the developers are making improvements based on our suggestions.
Perhaps they do, but it certainly doesn't feel that way when every change goes live "as is" regardless of what Beta players say.

Only one single update got tweaked based on Beta feedback in the year I've been here. That seems to me like they are wasting the potential of having a Beta server.

Their priorities certainly don't line up with what players ask for, and to an extent, I understand that; The multimillion dollar company probably has a good idea of how to make money, but sometimes I think they undervalue the little things we ask for.

ophion

Sorry this Bug Report is probably in the wrong place but couldn't find where I was supposed to put it.
I have already notified support of this problem previously and they couldn't find out why it was happening but managed to get me working again.
Unfortunately it's happened once again.

Game version:
__ Elvenar v.1.35 (9893796c4)
Game world: __Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: __chrome
Flash Player version: __26.0.0.137
Operating System: __win 10
Screen resolution: __1280 x 1024
Account name: __ophion
Humans or Elves: __elves

Reproducibility: __ 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __
Current situation: Unable to discard unwanted production of Savvy Soup in halfling's farms when Spring Grove is full
__
__

Expected situation: To be able to discard unwanted produce and start again
__

Reproduction Steps
__
2. __
3. __
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

ScreenHunter_313 Jul. 19 03.52.jpg

DeletedUser1163

Perhaps they do, but it certainly doesn't feel that way when every change goes live "as is" regardless of what Beta players say.

You're so negative SoggyShorts. That can discourage new players from playing this game. I have heard the developers have changed the battle system to help the new players. My fellowship is telling me it's a wee bit better. Let's hope it gets a whole lot better.

SoggyShorts

You're so negative SoggyShorts. That can discourage new players from playing this game.
If the truth is negative, that's not my fault.

My stance is simple: Use the Beta server as a testing ground. Extend the time from Beta to live to more than 7 days. Check to see what Beta players like/dislike about changes before taking them to live servers.

It's exactly what comes up when you google "Beta tester"

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

If the truth is negative, that's not my fault.

Of course it's not your fault. I can gripe and complain also but I've found that gets me nowhere. I'm sure the game developers are listening to our ideas and suggestions and will improve the Beta server. If they don't, there will be more unhappy elves and humans leaving Elvenar.