• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion March of the Herds

DeletedUser2003

I am at the beginning of Era III, and the quest asks "500 elixir", how can i do that ? Even if i find someone to exchange with T2, it will take a lot of time, and after then i think it will ask other T3 ? It will take more than 2 weeks to finish this 3 quests !
Hi cestbienmoi...I went to take a look at your city to see what suggestions might be made to help you with this issue...and I'm kind of confused? You say you are at the beginning of Era III...what is Era III? It can't be chapter III, because you have dwarven portal, granite mines, and copper foundries, so you must be in chapter VI. So I'm not sure what you mean by this? Also, your quest is for 500 elixir? You have 6 magic dust manufactories, levels 9 and 10, so one would think your dust pile is building up a bit? Enough so that you should be able to trade 500 dust for elixir? I would hope that in a good, high ranking FS like the one you're in, you should be able to find a fellow to make that small trade with? If you cannot, that would be very unfortunate. I am half your size literally, and I could make that trade with you :rolleyes: I hope you're able to figure it out :)

Marindor

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your feedback so far. Regarding the feedback about required supplies for some of the event quests: We will keep a close eye on this aspect but would like to let you know that these quests are designed with the intention to keep a stable progression pace in the event (and for some quests this can indeed even take a few days for less active players). Please keep in mind that we have 4 weeks to complete this event, which is a lot. If we wouldn't have some quests that require a bit more time, you would be able to rush through the event in no time, which wouldn't be fun. Some other quests (like the "pay X amount of goods" quests) can be instantly completed in many cases so there's a mix of time consuming quests and quicker quests. We always have the challenge to find the perfect balance between rewards and effort/challenge from the player's point of view.

As some of you have mentioned here, we indeed had some quest types in past events as well that took more time, which we don't use in this event. Instead, we chose a different approach that would benefit the more active players. In the approach we use now, our active players are rewarded more compared to the less active players. With 5- or 15- minute productions, you will be able to complete these quests more quickly (in all chapters) than "casual" players would, who use production options that take more time. This means that the progress is not so much based anymore on how far you are in the tech tree or on how many tier 1 manufactories you can build in your town, but more on how actively you are playing with your account. As mentioned by some of you: building 20 level 1 workshops won't do you much good for these quests either, so it's really all about activity.

We hope you like this new approach in general but of course will follow the developments closely, based on your feedback as well. Thank you very much for your feedback and please keep sharing it with us :)

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

@Marindor As I posted earlier I do sort of understand why the supplies quests and goods quests are harder to complete, and I'm happy that the worst quests from earlier events have been removed. The large amount of supplies is indeed doable, when you use spells, but the pay goods quests are becoming to high for this little dwarf.

Maybe I would feel it's worth the effort, if the daily prices were better for the Dwarfs. I'm in desperate need for more population and pressed for space, but the culture/population buildings you can win in this event (if you are very lucky), won't help. Population is lower than a house, but the event buildings take up more space. The additional culture is not enough to make a dent, so these buildings will soon become more a burden than a benefit.

It was the same with Menhirok's Barrow, which I got but still haven't build in my village. A 4x4 building takes up the space of 2 houses (2x470=940 population) Menhirok's only offers me 620 population and a meagerly 530 culture, so this building doesn't help me at all.

lika1961

I am not sure why it would be so important for us to finish the event slowly. It seems that you discount the intense boredom that comes with producing bread 40 times for example. It is not thrilling or exciting or fun. And although I am very active, it forces me to operate on a "clock" which I don't normally do. I set productions to fit in with my day - after all we have a life as well. I might be able to produce bread 40 times in a shorter time because I am active, but the question is, do I want to?

Although I am very happy to see the different quests, they don't make me want to dance for joy. "Pay a good amount" for tier 1, tier 2, tier 3. Not different, just different goods. Paying 10K of crystal, for example, is quite steep in my opinion. And getting 24 beets in return to me is not a good deal. I suspect it would be no big deal if the amount of goods was reduced - because I can afford to pay more does not mean I want to.

There is of course the old chestnut of event buildings not producing manna which is very important to the players in the last chapters. We have been told repeatedly that the new challenge is to use space as cleverly as possible and that means that a 6 x 4 building (even one giving high culture) is very unlikely to find itself built in my city if it does not produce manna. But maybe it is just me ;)

SoggyShorts

Please keep in mind that we have 4 weeks to complete this event, which is a lot.
Not really. We have 4 weeks to get the grand prize- if the daily prize that you are looking for doesn't come out on the very last day, then you have less than 4 weeks, maybe a lot less time to get those beets.
In the approach we use now, our active players are rewarded more compared to the less active players. With 5- or 15- minute productions, you will be able to complete these quests more quickly (in all chapters) than "casual" players would
I totally understand and support the theory, but the implementation is extreme. To get those quests done with 5 or 15 min productions still takes 5-9 hours of non-stop productions.
5 hours of resetting every 5 minutes? For one quest? And there are 9 quests like this?

Last edited:

lika1961

I totally understand and support the theory, but the implementation is extreme. To get those quests done with 5 or 15 min productions still takes 5-9 hours of non-stop productions.
5 hours of resetting every 5 minutes? For one quest? And there are 9 quests like this?

Sometimes when you see the math done on something it looks so much worse than you thought it was!

SoggyShorts

Same here.:(
But you have:
Level 11 Martial Monastary
Level 11 Dwarven Bulwark
Level 27 Armory
Level 29 barracks
Level 16 training grounds

....no fighting at all? Seems like a bit of a waste....

Sometimes when you see the math done on something it looks so much worse than you thought it was!
I wonder if anyone at INNO has a "normal" account and tries the events. Doesn't seem like they do.

Last edited:

Elderflower

I do have a Martial Monastery. It was the first AW I ever collected enough runes for. It does give culture so I have let it stay for now but you are right it isn't any use to me. I am afraid I keep a lot of buildings (such as most of the early level residences) in my city out of sentiment which is not a good way to play.
And the armory gives orcs for trading in provinces. And I use the training grounds like I use the Magic Academy - to fulfill quests in the event line.

DeletedUser283

[QUOTE="lika1961, post: 51389, member: 1697"There is of course the old chestnut of event buildings not producing manna which is very important to the players in the last chapters. We have been told repeatedly that the new challenge is to use space as cleverly as possible and that means that a 6 x 4 building (even one giving high culture) is very unlikely to find itself built in my city if it does not produce manna. But maybe it is just me ;)[/QUOTE]

I have decided to go for a mixed approach : high culture buildings for culture and neighbourly help, and a lot of arcane libraries because they give the best mana/square/hour among what I can currently build;
working nicely so far, except when some stoopid quest giver dictates that I must have more fields than I can fit in :p

DeletedUser1777

In the approach we use now, our active players are rewarded more compared to the less active players.
It certainly rewards active players more, at least they might be able to fulfill all quests without using diamonds in time..
But why did you decide only to offer a mixed building (culture + polpulation) as the 3rd grand prize?

It's kind of disappointing, when all your great effort is rewarded with a culture building which is beaten by a daily prize
(i.e. Blue Tree Enclosure gives more culture by field as both of the grand prizes do - in orcs chapter)

I don't undestand why it is so hard to offer a building which produces mana. It should be a similar mechanic as with the orc nest, where you get orcs from a certain point in techtree.

Positive in this event:
- you don't need to click ok every time you collect a sugar beet
- more variation in quests (pay supplies / goods / coins)
- the "gain supplies" quests might encurage more people to do NH (as long supplies for event needed)

DeletedUser1901

I just got an email that talks about the Catersheep Fields, which means that Fruitful Fields was at one point called Catersheep Fields and I am deeply hurt that this is not still the name. Not really hurt but Catersheep Fields is, hands down, 1000 times better than Fruitful Fields!

Jackluyt

Here is the math on which Box to open!

19702445_10209563566786648_5484519138070275998_n.jpg

Silver Chests are a no no - they under-perform compared to the others.
Bronze chests are better if you want Daily buildings (marginally)
Gold Chest are better if you want KP, or are trying to get the 3rd Grand Prize.

These figures take into account the extra bonus sugar beet that you get as awards some of the time when you open chests.

NOTE: Obviously some players will get more extra chests, and some will get fewer.
That is entirely a matter of luck!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

That is a very different result than here:
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

How did you arrive at your numbers @Jackluyt?

crazywizards list is from the winter event.

back then, there were 4128 + 1225 + ~1225 flakes available (if you count with 35 spawning flakes per day and catch virtually all of em).

this time, there are 3338 + 1085 + ~1085 beets.

so, it's much less.

and he takes into account, that there is a certain chance of getting a second round. since the chance is different in all three boxes, it's safe to multiply the beet-number with 1,25, just to take those effects into account. at this point, you get something at 6800, maybe even 7000 beets out of it. 6300 would be closer to reality for somebody who is working, because that person might miss some beets during daytime and nighttime.

6800 beets means 49 large chests, the "win beets chances" are already taken into account (he did not take them into account, since he assumes a higher number for total chests (including bonus-chests)... 980 rock candy is enough to get the first and the second prize, the third one is essentially out of reach.

but, the third prize is essentially worthless, if you take into account, that the clever use of the beets to gain interesting daily prizes

SoggyShorts

small vs large.png

That's what I get.

It doesn't matter if you get 6300 beets, 3,000 or 10,000, the odds stay the same. Really for a chance at one more building by opening small boxes it doesn't matter. Plus the big ones give more KP, so it's probably a better choice.

DeletedUser1163

When trying to complete a quest, I found I could not collect supplies. You know why? Because my Main Hall’s supply capacity has been reached. Well that shouldn't be a problem. Just need to spend some supplies. Spending is easy for us gals.

Wow! I have the Magnificent Mage Multiplier building from this Event, and was able to complete 2 Provinces on the World Map. The 10% attack bonus on Mages is really helping but the screaming from my Banshees is getting on my nerves. If you have this building, use its power before you lose it. After 4 days, 11 hrs., it's no longer active. Please don't tell me it disappears for I will shed some tears.

Sometimes you have to listen to your instincts. I had only 2 more tries to get the Vallorian Guards before I ran out of Sugar Beets. I did it!! They look so cool, if you like slimy, scaly creatures. I don't care as long as they're helping and not eating my troops in battle. The Vallorian Guards have a genius way of keeping their skin wet. They have a hot tub above the forge. [giggling]