• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion March of the Herds

DeletedUser1163

I would have thought the best time to use this building would be during a gem or marble tournament when mages are the key unit....

I need land expansions . Can't build anything without 'em. And everyone knows what you need to do to get land expansions. Complete provinces on the World Map. Why can't Elvenar give us land for competing in the tournaments too? (Hint, Hint).

DeletedUser1163

With 5- or 15- minute productions, you will be able to complete these quests more quickly (in all chapters) than "casual" players would, who use production options that take more time. This means that the progress is not so much based anymore on how far you are in the tech tree or on how many tier 1 manufactories you can build in your town, but more on how actively you are playing with your account

That explains why my production buildings are finishing early. I thought I miscalculated the time to collect. Thank you Marindor for your explanation. I'm going a wee crazy here because the event has started on the live servers, and I have fellowships in the Beta, Arendyll and Winyandor Worlds. To make it more time consuming, there's an event still running over in FOE. Can't Elvenar and FOE work out an arrangement to wait for one event to end before starting another? We have invested so much time and money (I've been playing Elvenar on the Beta server when it began), that it would be a shame to have to close down an account or two because you just don't have the time to play.

Jackluyt

HAPPY SUNDAY!
Today's Event Building is a 3 x 3 called Valorian Valor that produces Vallorian Guards for you. (More details in our Event Guide)
It is probably a waste of space for all players above chapter II - there is no great advantage over Treant or Paladin, which are available relatively early in the Tech Tree - as opposed to the Grounds of Orc Strategist building in the previous event that produces Orc Strategists - which are only available in Chapter VIII, and there is no Human equivalent.)
Note that VG has a better attack than Paladin - but unlike the other two I highlighted, it has no strike back..

19732066_10209578806407629_5816472000097537293_n.jpg

SoggyShorts

It is probably a waste of space for all players above chapter II
I have to completely disagree with this.
You can get a bunch of these and DOUBLE your military output. That is impressive at any chapter.
Getting just one of these can increase your output by ~10% depending on your barracks level.

The only other way to get troops is with a wonder or barracks, and your barracks needs armories+residences+culture. Once your barracks is maxed, that's it no more troops, unless you get Valors

Deleted User - 60107

Note that VG has a better attack than Paladin - but unlike the other two I highlighted, it has no strike back..

19732066_10209578806407629_5816472000097537293_n.jpg
I'll just repeat what I said on the EN forum:
Huh? Since when? All the Valorian Guards I have fought (on World Map and in Tournaments) had Strike Back. All the VG I have trained also have Strike Back:
ValorianGuard.png

EDIT: I guess you looked at the wiki and did not check the actual in-game stats. The wiki info is wrong and I made a report about the error (see here.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

Ok, quickly looked at the posts but not sure of anything anymore.... For some reason I've been under the impression that if you want a building small chest is a good choice cause it can give you extra tries. Yesterday (local server) I had enough points/beets/whaevah to open 7 small chest, got plenty of extra tries (almost double, 13)... but no building.
So was I really unlucky or have I misunderstood something ? Which chest is best if you want a building ?

SoggyShorts

Ok, quickly looked at the posts but not sure of anything anymore.... For some reason I've been under the impression that if you want a building small chest is a good choice cause it can give you extra tries. Yesterday (local server) I had enough points/beets/whaevah to open 7 small chest, got plenty of extra tries (almost double, 13)... but no building.
So was I really unlucky or have I misunderstood something ? Which chest is best if you want a building ?
The small chest still gets you about 7-8% more buildings, which works out to 1 extra building by the end of the event.
350 isn't very high chances of getting a building though. Compare with large boxes, that would be less than 3 tries with a 75% chance of failing each time.
This chart is still accurate:
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

DeletedUser1163

Is anyone having this problem? Since this event started, my event buildings are disappearing. Only the helping hands appears. My Castle Snow Flake, Frozen Lake and now my Frozen Unicorn are missing from my city. To mess with a unicorn, something strange and wicked is going on.

DeletedUser1163

I've logged a ticket with Support to make them aware of this problem. Anyone else who is still seeing their event buildings missing should do the same. I don't like getting a response once in a while from Support saying "Your're the only one having this problem."

DeletedUser1163

INSTANTS
Yay! My Snow Flake Mtn, Frozen Lake, Frozen Flame Orange & Frozen Unicorn are back. I read the announcement about new items have been discovered and have been added to your inventory. So excited, I looked in my inventory under the new Tab called "Instants" and found nothing there. The new item added was the Tab? It appears we have to earn Instants in order to use them. But how? Wait! Something just happened. All my citizens are saying, “Look in your inventory again!” (Sorry, I have a vivid imagination). Upon opening Instants, I found a few items have been added. Time Boosters! Time boosters for what? I am assuming coin and supply collections or maybe, buildings being constructed. Still how we earn Instants remain a mystery to me.

If you point at an Instant in your Inventory you will see a message pop up telling you that they cannot be used from your Inventory. Hover over an icon and you will see where Instants can be used. If you want to speed up building construction and upgrade times, go to your city, click on a building upgrading, click the hourglass timer on the right, then choose a Time Booster from your Inventory.

Like a good meal can be consumed in a manner of minutes, so can our Instants.
So choose wisely and tell everyone sitting down for a meal to eat slower.

DeletedUser607

as far as I understand them, they can boost every counter... if needed.

means production counters, scouting counters, tournament counters, etc.

there may be just a few useful cases, depending on their pricetag. for example, you have a 24h production of something running, and you just need it to be finished now. until now, that would've been expensive, but a won booster saves it. or you are at the end of the tournament, but just 10 minutes after the end, you would be able to fight the next round. boost it and you are good.

CrazyWizard

The small chest still gets you about 7-8% more buildings, which works out to 1 extra building by the end of the event.
350 isn't very high chances of getting a building though. Compare with large boxes, that would be less than 3 tries with a 75% chance of failing each time.
This chart is still accurate:
http://crazywizard.info/en/event_probability_chart.html

I thought that chart was still accurate as well, I havent seen any mayor changes in the prizes we get from the chest and the methodology used to make that chart was quite solid.

ps. I like to note that the less chests you open the more the random comes in play, in that regard the small chest if you go for buildings not only rewards more buildings on average, it also reduces the random a ,lot so the chance of getting a lot more or less is a lot smaller.

DeletedUser2003

NUFF SAID :mad::mad:

View attachment 3046 View attachment 3047

Quest 90-92) 33600 t3-goods times 3 in Dwarf chapter.
I was so close to the second main price. That's never ever going to happen now. :(:(:(:(:(:(

I hear you Ritsel..
t3pay.jpg
t3.jpg

These amounts really are accessive for an early level player in an event. I have also seen that there are more of this same type of quest after this one, and they get even worse. I hope this feedback helps to inspire rebalancing of the quest payout amounts. I will not be able to progress past this quest without wiping out my T3 stock, and there are many others who will have the same difficulty. I can only replace about 1,800 gems (my boosted T3) daily, so instead of moving forward from this quest I will only be doing the daily quests.Thank you for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1163

I can’t believe it. I just finished the Solve 18 Encounters or gain 18 Relics quest for this event. I opted to look for relics. After spending so much time battling in the Tournament to get these 18 Relics, the 2nd quest after this one is … can you guess? Gain 20 Relics. This is not fun.

Sir Squirrel

I agree with Ritsel and Aramina, the pay goods quests are way to steep. I didn't even have enough for the quest 60 elixir one, I had to trade 20000 scrolls to get what I needed for that one and 20000 crystal for the dust one and have 0 left of elixir and dust now. Gems is next and I don't have enough of them either and it is my boost. After paying it I won't have any tier three to even trade for elixir and dust, it totally stops my progress in the tec tree too, until I can replenish all tier three goods.
With these crazy expensive goods quests and the reset the workshop 1000 times quests, this event is not any fun and the last quests are even more expensive! I don't think I will throw away any more goods on this event, it just isn't worth it to bankrupt yourself for an event, especially one where the prizes are not even as good as previous ones.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

The only way to make changes to improve something is by communicating your thoughts and ideas. It looks to me like the developers were rushed to get these events out without actually trying to do the quests themselves. If they did try to complete the quests, then they would see just how difficult some of them are, especially for new players. One of the quests demanded so many coins that my coin supply dropped to 0. Now I’m stuck until I can generate more coins. Events are supposed to be a morale booster - something fun to do - not a hindrance to your advancing in the game.

Besides I have my hands full right now trying to rid Elvenar of dangerous creatures. I can't be playing around with quests. Elvenar is overrun with Orcs! Help!!

How many Orcs are there in Elvenar? Let’s see, there are the average Orcs, Ancient Orcs, Brutal Ancient Orcs, Orc Warriors, Orc Generals, Orc Deserters and the worse of all –Mutated Orcs with a Strike Back of 3 and a wicked Special Ability called Wild Rage that lasts for 3 rounds. Yiii!
[Thought I would inject a wee bit of humor to relieve the frustration many of us are feeling right now].

DeletedUser

Besides I have my hands full right now trying to rid Elvenar of dangerous creatures. I can't be playing around with quests. Elvenar is overrun with Orcs! Help!!

How many Orcs are there in Elvenar? Let’s see, there are the average Orcs, Ancient Orcs, Brutal Ancient Orcs, Orc Warriors, Orc Generals, Orc Deserters and the worse of all –Mutated Orcs with a Strike Back of 3 and a wicked Special Ability called Wild Rage that lasts for 3 rounds. Yiii!
[Thought I would inject a wee bit of humor to relieve the frustration many of us are feeling right now].

Thank you so much @Electra Firestorm . I love to read your posts, they always make me smile :):):)