• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halloween Questline Event 2017

DeletedUser1909

What I want to know is why we're geting poo for rewards... 3 minute and 15 minute just don't cut it...

And I belive the prizes that we get should be better than what we can build, pitiful prizes for Fairies... really not worth the effort,. In my opinion.

DeletedUser1163

Just started the Halloween Event and already I will not be able to finish because of Quest 20. This questline should be revised: “Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher.” The game devs are not designing these events to be fun but to be a chore to complete, unless you’re willing to spend diamonds.

I am still in the Dwarves Chapter and cannot upgrade buildings past level 17 until I reach the Fairy Chapter. Also, I cannot “Research 1 Technology” because I need to research Dwarven Ancient Wonders. To do so means the dwarves have to produce 150K granite and 3000 copper.

So disappointed that the game devs cannot make an event that caters to all levels of players. When the guest races arrive, researching a technology sometimes involves producing their resources in order to unlock that technology, and that can slow you down quite a bit, especially if you don’t have much land to build mines, foundries, farms, mercenary camps, armories, etc.

SoggyShorts

I am still in the Dwarves Chapter and cannot upgrade buildings past level 17 until I reach the Fairy Chapter. Also, I cannot “Research 1 Technology” because I need to research Dwarven Ancient Wonders. To do so means the dwarves have to produce 150K granite and 3000 copper.
I'm betting this exact situation and a very similar one for players in chapter 7 will happen a LOT if it goes live as is.

DeletedUser1163

THE DWARVES ARE SINGING! LISTEN…
I can’t very well upgrade a building to level 20 so I hope the Dwarves work faster in those mines before the event is over. They’re almost there.
Only need 50,000 more granite to Research 1 Technology. If you listen closely, you might hear the dwarves in my city singing:

Hi Ho. Hi Ho. It's off to work we go.
With shovel and pick we dig dig dig from mornin’ till night.
We would rather find diamonds than negotiate or fight.

Food, supplies and mead are awaitin’ for us in a tent.
Must work in shifts to help Electra finish this event.
She has her hands full keepin’ Orcs at bay.
Now must help Crash defeat Lord Pumpkin and
research 1 technology to keep the undead away.

We Dwarves cannot help her upgrade a building to level 20.
But we can help her unlock Dwarven Ancient Wonders technology.
Still have 50,000 more granite to produce and then we’re done.
Sing along with us to help us work faster and have some fun.

Hi Ho. Hi Ho.
It ain't no trick to get rich quick
if ya dig dig dig with a shovel or a pick.
In a mine! In a mine! In a mine! In a mine!
Where loads of granite and copper shine!​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

18 Gain a decent amount of bloody coins

I did not know there were Aussies in the game designer team at Innogames :p

DeletedUser1909

Really a task to upgrade a building to lvl 20 or research a tech.. Funny Inno.. this is straight bull for a Faries chapter person...

It should be tied to the chapter your in not one your not able to do...

PrimroseSylvia

Quest no. 20 and 26-32 are crazy. We're already ended a big event and we get another time similar quests and without any other choise than quest no. 20 (that could be undoable for many players). I've heard many of my live server who wont do this event cause they can't, or they don't want to for a few minutes instants reward or not so interesting buildings.
I really hope mods will report these negative feedbacks to devs just in time to do some changes also here in beta.

DeletedUser283

I will honeslty try these crazy quests, but I will not be affected in case I cannot make it
this is the stupidest quest line we've had for quite some time now
a few events ago, we signaled that a blunt "scout 1 province" was no good, so we had been given the "scout 1 province or... " treatment;
and all of a sudden, it is "scout 1 province (or loose the event)", "solve an insane amount of encounters (or loose the event)" !
well fine, I may loose the event after all :p

on a side note :
maybe Inno game designers think that an encounter is something that returns 1 KP and 1 relic (so only world map encouters matter),
but to us players an encounter is a game situation during which we either field troops to fight or cater to negociate;
whether it happens in a world map province or in a tournament province is irrelevant, and I would like to see this reflected in the quests.

DeletedUser1703

Screenshot (73).png
Hi, from Fairies chapter all buildings level 19 and will not open Ancient Wonders tech before the event ends. Quest # 20 must be a mistake 20 for 20??? Did you mean 20 for 10 perhaps? You will have to give out passes for this or correct it please. I am now waiting on you in order to move forward!!

7 days and 8 hours when this was posted.
Will edit for every hour this unattainable quest cost me

Fix quest # 20

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Of course we are here and all feedback has been forwarded as well, like always :) This doesn't automatically that things that are brought up will change in the Live version, but at least they are being considered. About the quest to research a tech or upgrade to level 20+ : The reason for level 20+ as that until Fairies, players should be able to unlock technologies relatively quickly. From Orcs & Goblins on, they can take considerably more time. We have forwarded the feedback on this quest in particular as well and as said: It's being re-evaluated but that doesn't automatically mean that from a game design point of view, we would want to change this quest. At this moment we have no information on that yet.

SoggyShorts

The reason for level 20+ as that until Fairies, players should be able to unlock technologies relatively quickly.
Many(most?) players get tech locked at some point in both dwarves and fairies- all those players are going to be screwed. This is one of those things that is going to launch yet another storm of complaints when it goes live, and can be avoided quite easily. Coming right on the heels of the CL/BS changes and the Nut cave oopsie, wouldn't it be better to just go into the code and change that "20" into a "12"? Who cares if the challenge of the event is reduced?

I know that at least part of the business model of FTP games is to have players reach a point where $$$ will solve a problem for them, but when that problem seems totally unfair and the cash solution is forced upon them it can and will have the opposite effect.