• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halloween Questline Event 2017

Deleted User - 60107

isnt this obvious for over 1 year now? every smart player using provinces on world map only for events
Which is precisely why I don't want to scout any more at this time. My main city is at 285 completed provinces already, with two more scouted by incomplete. That should be more than enough for the next race's chest, so scouting further does not benefit me in any way. In fact, it will probably hurt me by increasing costs in tournaments. Thanks, but no, thanks.

My Beta city is the only one that might finish the event, since I am already near the end of Orcs and need to finish ~15 more provinces for the enxt chest anyway.

If events like this one are meant only for players between chapters, then Inno should just say so, so the rest of us do not waste our time.

DeletedUser1163

My dwarves did it thanks to everyone singing. Thank you. They produced 50,000 granite so I was on my way to completing this Halloween Event until I reached Quest 26. Here’s another suggestion to help those who have over scouted and cannot “Solve Encounters” because we are not up to the Orcs chapter yet. Since many of us cannot afford to buy diamonds all the time, how about including the tournaments to “Solve Encounters?”

What is the matter with the people who create these events? Quest 26: To “Solve 17 Encounters” I would have to scout and unlock 3 provinces. Quest 29: “Scout 1 Province” means I need to scout another province. Quest 31: “Solve 23 Encounters” means another 3 provinces need to be scouted.

It’s Thursday. By the time I have finished scouting 7 provinces, the tournament will probably be closed so I will not be able to complete Quest 32: “Gain 29 Relics.” Guess what? There are only about 9 Provinces that are “Hard.” The rest are “Very Hard,” which I cannot complete because I am still in the Dwarves chapter, and you need Orcs to solve encounters in those provinces.

I'm sorry to say I am done with these events. They are not fair. I don’t mind wasting time completing the quests if you have a chance to finish the event, and win the prize. But over and over again, the demands are extremely high for some of us Elvenar players. We end up only having 4 or 5 more quests to complete and find we can’t, unless we spend diamonds.

MalpA

Quest 26: To “Solve 17 Encounters” I would have to scout and unlock 3 provinces. Quest 29: “Scout 1 Province” means I need to scout another province. Quest 31: “Solve 23 Encounters” means another 3 provinces need to be scouted.

PPL math is strange for me ... like you could cheat someone with your calculations ... ^^

Quest 26: you need 17 encounters, so you need 2 full provinces + 1 singe encounter( you still can leave 7 for next mission)
Quest 29 Scount 1 province ... if you already scout it why you counting it again to Quest 31? You already have one from this mission isnt it?
Quest 31: 23 encounters = 7 encounters from quest 26 + 1 already scaned province from quest 29 = 15 encounters right? Soo if you need 23 of total for simply maths its mean you need 8 more so you just need 1 province.

Im halflings chapter, finished all quest with over week (like 9 days) reserve ... it costed me only 6x 14h booster, so its give me like 3 and a half of day, thats mean you can finished it with out boosters.

DeletedUser

PPL math is strange for me ... like you could cheat someone with your calculations ... ^^

Quest 26: you need 17 encounters, so you need 2 full provinces + 1 singe encounter( you still can leave 7 for next mission)
Quest 29 Scount 1 province ... if you already scout it why you counting it again to Quest 31? You already have one from this mission isnt it?
Quest 31: 23 encounters = 7 encounters from quest 26 + 1 already scaned province from quest 29 = 15 encounters right? Soo if you need 23 of total for simply maths its mean you need 8 more so you just need 1 province.

Im halflings chapter, finished all quest with over week (like 9 days) reserve ... it costed me only 6x 14h booster, so its give me like 3 and a half of day, thats mean you can finished it with out boosters.

I don't know how long your scouting time is, but mine is 78 hours.
You need a minimum of 5 provinces = 5 * 78 = 390 hours. In days this will be 390 / 24 = 16.25 days. The event only last 12 1/2 day so if you don't have any scouted provinces anymore you won't be able to finish the event in time.

And because the Fall event was only a few days away, it becomes more and more likely that not everybody still has a couple of provinces scouted already

MalpA

I don't know how long your scouting time is, but mine is 78 hours.
Mine are like 50 Hours ... so u have 28 hours more 28*5provinces= 6 days/ if you use 1-2 14h booster its still doable comapre to reserve i had ;)

Sirenia

Serious?
I'm getting tired and exhausted from all those Events :(

Yes I don't have to participate, but there is a creepy, greedy little voice which keeps telling me:
"collect all possible buildings, no matter if you need or ever place them" :rolleyes:
I agree... something inside me makes me play them... but it's draining!!! especially when you get to the end and it becomes impossible for anyone that is small. Im large enough to just spend the goods on the encounters and get the encounters and relics..but Im Archmage in a small beta world and everyone is SUPER UNHAPPY with the amount of encounters and relics needed on the last two quests. Come on Inno!!! Give the little guys a break once in awhile.. this is absurd, especially back to back. 23 encounters then even more relics? Way to break players backs.

ALdbeign

I'm a little disappointed in the Windmill of Evil. The Mother Dragon of previous events gives more culture / same population and is same size. :(
I'm just glad it has decent pop per tile, i have 130k surplus culture atm on live. ;)

DeletedUser802

I am getting very tired of all these events tripping over each other! My biggest problem is with the quests that want us to get 20 relics, and then solve 25 encounters! Basically that means you have to either conquer or negotiate for five or six entire provinces! And that is one hell of a lot of expenditure in troops or goods!

And that is just for one special event! then they turn around and open another event on the heels of the first one, just like they did here. First the Hazelnuts event and then the Halloween event. Without any time in between to allow us to rebuild our resources. That's another 5 entire provinces that need to be conquered or bought! With each province becoming progressively more and more expensive to obtain. I am getting to the point where the provinces are impossible for me to obtain through fighting, so that leaves me with only the option of buying them with tens of thousands of goods! The sheer cost is quickly escalating to the point where it is prohibitive to play.

I think the designers need to take notice and trim down the costs of these quests, Especially if they are going to have them crowding each other this way.

DeletedUser1909

It is a big mistake to stop scouting in my opinion, my main city on live is at 411 provinces and in chapter 11 you need every province you can get your hands on. Divine seeds is Main Hall lvl x province count. Early collect is Main Hall lvl x total aw levels. So by stopping your shooting yourself in the foot...

So if you want to punish yourself go ahead at least I warned you.

DeletedUser

I'm a little disappointed in the Windmill of Evil. The Mother Dragon of previous events gives more culture / same population and is same size. :(

Yep, I'm in the Orc chapter and the Windmill gives 250 culture less than the Mother Dragon (760 vs 1010) and same population (both 760)
This shouldn't happen, values of event building should be based on # squares and Chapter, not the arbitrary fancy of the Devs.

PS: And maybe an extra multiplier, depending on the exclusiveness of the buildings. At least I think that's what the colorbands coding is for, would be nice if this would be explained.
We've asked for that on the Dutch forum, but never got an answer :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1163

It is a big mistake to stop scouting in my opinion
I would love to keep scouting but being that I am in the Dwarves chapter and I need Orcs to negotiate with because the provinces are VERY HARD, I cannot scout until I reach the Orcs chapter, or I could spend diamonds to negotiate. I think not. I spend enough diamonds on the premium buildings in Elvenar. Not going to spend diamonds trying to negotiate in order to gain relics. I am in this predicament because I over scouted. So Elvenar players, don't make the mistake I did.

DeletedUser

@Ritsel the color bands are indeed there to indicate the rarity of the building, but they haven't been implemented for all buildings yet.

@Marindor, thx for your answer.
But does this also effect the values of the event buildings?
Or maybe I should ask: How are the values of the event buildings calculated?
Why is there for example a difference between the mother dragon and the Windwill of Evil, although they have the same measures and I got them in the same chapter?

DeletedUser2205

Hello

I'd like to end this event : but it's tooooooo hard for a small city

""Recruit 300 units"" : it's like 3 000 0000 for me

Couldn't we have easier quests for small levels?

I don't understand why quests are so difficult...

Could we have more time?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Why is there for example a difference between the mother dragon and the Windwill of Evil, although they have the same measures and I got them in the same chapter?

These are just game design choices. Not every event building with the same metrics will have the same values per square. Bonuses will differ per building, even if they have the same amount of squares. You see this a lot with last year's winter event as wel, for example. Multiple unicorns, codexes, tree enclosures... And all have different values. In the end it comes down to a matter of taste :)