• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halloween Questline Event 2017

Deleted User - 60107

The reason for level 20+ as that until Fairies, players should be able to unlock technologies relatively quickly.
Tell the people responsible to try playing the game sometimes (without using any 'special' options that not available to regular players). They'll notice that it is really easy to get tech locked in both Dwarves and Fairies. First when you get to the Dwarven Main Hall you suddenly need a lot more Granite than ever before. Then, near the end of Dwarves, you need a lot - and I mean A LOT - of both Granite and Copper, especially for the Ancient Wonders tech. Then in Fairies there are two more spots where it is easy to get tech locked: The first is when you still have not upgraded your Fairy portal to level 3 or above. You can't collect and store Night Essense until the portal is at least level 3, so if the only techs you have left all require Night Essense - you're stuck. The second is again near the end of the chapter, when you need a lot of both Ambrosia and Nigh Essense. And let's not forget the players that are between chapters - players that have already researched all avialable techs and simply can NOT research any more until they open the chest for next chapter - which could require completing 10+ provinces.

Oh, and let's not forget the players in lower chapters that sometimes get tech locked, for example some players have gotten tech locked after unlocking Crafted goods, due to needing Crafted goods for research and not having enough yet.

In short, this requirement to research a tech or upgrade a building to level 20+ is a terrible idea.

Unrelated to the above, I thought about it and decided that finishing the event will hurt me more than it will help me, so I will not be finishing it in any of my Live cities. I might finish it on Beta, but here I am near the end of Orcs. I will reach Wood Elves shortly after the event ends, so the rewards will be largly useless for me (as they will still have Orcs stats).

DeletedUser

Of course we are here and all feedback has been forwarded as well, like always :) This doesn't automatically that things that are brought up will change in the Live version, but at least they are being considered. About the quest to research a tech or upgrade to level 20+ : The reason for level 20+ as that until Fairies, players should be able to unlock technologies relatively quickly. From Orcs & Goblins on, they can take considerably more time. We have forwarded the feedback on this quest in particular as well and as said: It's being re-evaluated but that doesn't automatically mean that from a game design point of view, we would want to change this quest. At this moment we have no information on that yet.

the last quests cause problems too ... I need 5 provinces for 40 relics and one more province for a quest !!!! I need 70 hours to explore a province ... x 6 it's 420 hours !!!! How do I finish the quests? this event it's stupid and the quest are too difficult

lika1961

I know that at least part of the business model of FTP games is to have players reach a point where $$$ will solve a problem for them, but when that problem seems totally unfair and the cash solution is forced upon them it can and will have the opposite effect.

There is an element of understanding that Inno needs to make money, but I would imagine that people would be keen to spend money to get buildings that are attractive. These are not.

It is as if all previous feedback has been a waste of time. We had the discussion about "scout a province" many times and it seemed clear that the devs understood that it is a bad idea. And yet, here it is again. I agree with @shadowblack - won't be doing this event on live and probably won't finish it here. All of this is just too boring and, if anything, is making me more determined not to buy diamonds. This shaping up to be an event that a lot of people won't finish, but hey, apparently that is not important.

SoggyShorts

It is as if all previous feedback has been a waste of time. We had the discussion about "scout a province" many times and it seemed clear that the devs understood that it is a bad idea. And yet, here it is again.
2 steps forward one step back? 3 steps back?

DeletedUser1909

Try 4 lol Inno seems to get more and more ridiculous on each event.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1811

players get tech locked at some point in both dwarves and fairies
You forget the players who finished Halflings and have everything upgraded to max. Like I do on live server. I suppose I am expected to start building something I don't need and waste resources (and space) for it, just to fulfill a quest.

DeletedUser1909

Yes I am wasting resources on live and building a residence in my guest race space to delete soon as quest is complete. Thanks Inno for making me waste resources on a totally bogus task....

Dony

King of Bugs
You forget the players who finished Halflings and have everything upgraded to max. Like I do on live server. I suppose I am expected to start building something I don't need and waste resources (and space) for it, just to fulfill a quest.
sorry but its rather easy quest for you, because you have space and resources

DeletedUser

sorry but its rather easy quest for you, because you have space and resources

@Dony That's not really the point. Now I have to build a lvl 20-building that I neither need nor want. So after the quest I'll demolish it again. Lately I've done nothing else than building something as fast as I can, and then destroy it again. This is suppose to be a citybuilder strategy game, not a endless cycle of build-and-destroy.

I've been twiddling my thumbs for over 2 months now, so I've done the events just to have some vague reason to log in. But I'm really starting to become fed up with this. With all the event buildings stored in my inventory, there's really no point anymore in doing this nonsense.

I'm trying to hang on, waiting for a new chapter, but my anticipation is becoming weaker and weaker...

Dony

King of Bugs
you should get used to destroy buildings by now tho, you already destroyed 100+ buildings from guest races without problem
and building and destroying is a part of any building strategy game
even tho i dont like that quest its as easy as any other previous event for me, which will last 2-3 days max

DeletedUser

you should get used to destroy buildings by now tho, you already destroyed 100+ buildings from guest races without problem
and building and destroying is a part of any building strategy game
even tho i dont like that quest its as easy as any other previous event for me, which will last 2-3 days max

Builing guest race building is indeed strategy, making room for another guest race is indeed also strategy.
But building and upgrade something you don't need nor want is pointless, and has nothing to do with strategy. It has more to do with utter boredom and doing an event because there's nothing else to do

Dony

King of Bugs
it depends on point of view, if a reward from event is usefull for you then doing anything to get it is a strategy, we shouldnt expect to get rewards for free without any effort

DeletedUser1767

I think the requirement is annoying too, but if you're stuck at the end of Halflings, you can at least waste the resources on something that might give you value in the meantime, like a factory that will increase your stockpile. I did that for the major event with a tier III. I didn't really need it, and I may or may not keep it permanently, which will depend on whether I need the pop and/or space for the new chapter (I kinda want to, but am aware this might not work out), but for the moment I'm definitely getting value out of it.

DeletedUser

I think the requirement is annoying too, but if you're stuck at the end of Halflings, you can at least waste the resources on something that might give you value in the meantime, like a factory that will increase your stockpile. I did that for the major event with a tier III. I didn't really need it, and I may or may not keep it permanently, which will depend on whether I need the pop and/or space for the new chapter (I kinda want to, but am aware this might not work out), but for the moment I'm definitely getting value out of it.

That's true, but with all the events we've had in the meantime I have already build extra factories (which I may or may not keep). But lvl 20 means more population then I have at the moment, because I also have to build baby t1 and workshops. So an extra residence is the only option for me.

DeletedUser1476

QUEST 26: RESOLVE 17 ENCOUNTERS (need 3 PROVINCES (8+8+1 territories)
QUEST 29: DISCOVER 1 PROVINCE (ONE MORE)
QUEST 31: RESOLVE 23 ENCOUNTERS (need 3 PROVINCES MORE 8+8+7)
I guess they want us to waste the 20 and 14 hour time boosts we got as rewards. You are right though, this stinks. I'm not opposed to these kinds of quests, but not "resolve 40 encounters" = 5 provinces and scout one in between. Do I have to keep that many discovered but not conquered provinces in stock just in case of a new event? Is this a way to punish players that are already scouting 50+ hours?
Seriously, this needs to change.