• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halloween Questline Event 2017

SoggyShorts

Nope, just not ready yet. I like time between events to get rid of junk buildings and put the city back together.
Perhaps it's better to dedicate a small section of your city to junk buildings permanently. Events and the FA all require the same little level 1 workshops etc and if they are running almost constantly there isn't much point in tearing them down every few weeks just to rebuild them 7 days later.

DeletedUser

Perhaps it's better to dedicate a small section of your city to junk buildings permanently. Events and the FA all require the same little level 1 workshops etc and if they are running almost constantly there isn't much point in tearing them down every few weeks just to rebuild them 7 days later.

Also make room for little non-boosted t1-factories. You're going to need them again!

DeletedUser724

at least u have all T1 3 hour, all T1 9 hour
it is a problem of how many 24 hour T1 boost and how many 2 day boosted T1
how many all T1 24 hour and how many all T1 2 days

apart from this
I will guess
u also need
24 hour workshop and 9 hour workshop....and a lot of relic

the event still has 11 days to go, it is a problem on how to absorb relic in tournament

DeletedUser118

A good reason to not always upgrade all your residences at a time and leave some for quests like these. ;)

DeletedUser2221

Well, I would just like to give a small world perspective. My world is just on the Advanced Scouts research into evo III. I am not big, but this world size does represent a HUGE portion of the starting players that end up walking away. Here is what these events have done for my world.

1. I have been forced to scout past expected for a world my size to cater for relic/kp requirements
2. I have been forced to BUY kp as part of the quest lines which now makes it beyond my ability to purchase
3. My progress along the research tree has been hastened by the forced kp acquisition but my manufacturing can not catch up so I can not complete the researches and develop properly.
4. Any instants won have had to be used to pay for the actual even time frames.

I am just recovering (or trying to) from the last event, and then the Halloween event is launched. Now I am not against events occurring regularly, but there was less than one week between one event and the other, and there was a tournament in the middle of that!

As for the prizes - I am about as small as it gets and able to in any way participate in this event and 3 minute instants (and I now have 45 of them) are an absolute joke even for me. And as for a 1kp prize for gaining 3 enchantments and making 97 beverages??? (fair enough on making 13).

So

I have no money, no supplies, no troups

You have pushed me beyond my ability to progress in any way comfortably

I have buildings I do not want just to cater to your event requirements

You have priced me out of my ability to buy kp for the Halloween event, let alone for anything I may need for myself. Why can it not be "Obtain x kp" give me the option to solve encounters for it at least.

Inno - you have some great ideas that are implemented without enough thought to the full scope of your market. You appear to have nothing to satisfy the high end players and you are killing your new players. There needs to be a more structured requirement count on all quests that match the level of the player city, and a greater higher end prize for those who have stood by your side for the longest.

Dee
Struggling to love the game right now

ALdbeign

https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/halloween-quests

20. Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher
How is one who is finished with the halflings and has upgraded all buildings already suppose to do this !? :mad:
For that matter, how is someone at the end of chapter 5 with 9 provinces to clear before unlocking advanced scouts supposed to do this. for live i'm glad i saved a couple of the buildings from eldrasil and can prep it now. on beta i'm done.

edit: double checked and I'm down to 9 but on live, i have 4-5 folks techlocked in dwarves, they can't complete this either. Noone below Orcs has a choice on this one...no tech, no prize..period.

Last edited:

Buttrflwr

nope, Nope, NOPE. I will do it on Beta because, it's Beta. But it is not feasible, no...not DOABLE, on live. I am in dragons, and I don't have room to BREATHE, much less build extraneous buildings. And I surely don't have a building to upgrade to lvl 20. So, thanks, but no thanks. :) That is MY feedback. Have a nice day, @Marindor

Arayla

In my fellowship on Sinya Arda, we have 8 members who are in Dwarves, and the other 16 are in Chapters 3-5. Many of us are stuck waiting for our mines to gear up. Several others are stuck trying to clear provinces in order to get through Advanced Scouts. Since the entire server is relatively new, very few members have the resources to offer extra goods for catering. And obviously none of us can build a level 20 building. So, potentially 1/2 of my fellowship is going to get stuck on #20.

If the requirement is changed back to the usual "Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 Building to Level 12 or higher", then there is a fighting chance for most of us to make it.

DeletedUser1163

I love the animated buildings we receive in the events but if the questline is stressing me out more than "real life" does, I will just stop playing the event. Instead I'll help those in my fellowship try to finish the event, if I can. Trying my best to prevent our new recruits from losing interest in playing Elvenar but with these unending events upon us, they are getting very frustrated. They feel as though the events are catered toward the top players or those who like to spend diamonds to get what they want. The game developers need to start listening to our comments and improve the events if you want more people to come out and play.

All I can find thus far:...enjoy will be 8 more later...not giving them out very quick, but spoilers they are!
Tressa

15 Gain 19 Relics 1 Knowledge Point

16 Produce [T1 Boost 1-day] 4 times T1 Boost 1 day 5 15-minute Time Reduction boosters

17 Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice 1 Knowledge Point

18 Gain a decent amount of bloody coin 6 15-minute Time Reduction boosters

19 Recruit 300 Units 7 15-minute Time Reduction boosters

Research 1 Technology or
upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher
8 15-minute Time Reduction boosters

21 Produce Bread 25 times 1 30-minute Time Reduction booster

22 Produce Advanced Tools 15 times 2 30-minute Time Reduction boosters

23 Produce Beverages 97 times 1 Knowledge Point

24 Produce Basket of Groceries 10 times

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Events are a big part of Elvenar, and they are becoming more and more frequent.
There is a lot of feedback out there, most of it asking for event quests to be a little easier, but that may not happen from the developers end, so if you want to make them easier on yourself there are a few tricks you can use:

Keep some provinces open. If clearing a province won't get you an expansion, and won't increase your boost, just wait. The only thing you'll be missing out on is 8 KP, which you will get eventually. 3 open provinces plus the tournament should be able to satisfy any event requirements (and it's only a delay of 1 days KP)
With the new scouting system you can see exactly how long your scouts will take, so if you get the quest list from the Beta players you should be able to time this effectively
For mid-chapter players your residences will probably be easiest. They're pretty fast at around 4h, and you should have lots of them. Just like with provinces, unless you need what they give you right now, there's no reason to max out every single one as fast as possible.
For higher chapter players:
Armories. For higher level buildings these are the fastest to level up, staying under 7 hours even at level 20+.
The thing with armories is that they give a huge jump when they change size, and then just a small amount the next few levels, so maxing them right away shouldn't be a priority. For example they go from 80 to 130 at level 20, but after that it's just 10 more per level, and won't have a big impact on your training capacity.
Bonus Tip: you can start an upgrade, and then just before it finishes disconnect the building from the road, and it will "pause" the upgrade. This does tie up a builder though.
This one is lame, and there's really not much you can do that is better than making 4 level 3 marble factories to prep for it.
If you are making extra low level workshops to help with other quests, you can upgrade 4 of those before the event to prepare, but they are bigger, and take longer.
Usually we are only asked for 2 and can prepare them in advance, but there's a trick that lets you prep 3 even with a level 2 MA:
  1. First you start a single PoP spell
  2. Then before it finishes, open the MA interface and watch the last few seconds count down.
  3. The spell will finish, and both slots will be open in the queue for you to add 2 more spells.
  4. Close the window and you will see that there is one ready to be collected, and 2 will be cooking.
You cantry this out with your barracks, the exact same idea works there too.
Bonus Tip: Once all 3 are finished cooking, remove the road from your MA so that you don't accidentally collect those spells before you want to.
With the masquerade PT2 event it seems like the developers have eased up on this, and with a decent culture bonus and some PoP spells you should have no problem completing this with half the number of max factories and some level 1 workshops to fill in the rest.
For example "16 advanced tools + supplies" was easily done with
7 workshops that were 2 levels under max
7 PoP spells
9 level 1 workshops.
150% culture
If your culture is lower than 125% you might need to ask your FS for culture buffs to get you to 125, and use Ensorcelled Endowments on those buildings to push it further. Note that EE spells won't do anything unless you get to 125% first and those buildings are visited.
First off, the spell Inspiring Meditation will extend your KP bar to 20 which should help.
Next, there are 4 ways to buy KP aside from diamonds: Coins, Tier 1,2, and 3. My suggestion is to never normally buy KP with one of your boosted tiers except for events. This way you will always have an easy and cheap way to buy a couple dozen when needed. This can also help if you are short on KP for unlocking the next advanced scouts tech for better rewards.
The game is about balance, and you need to decide if keeping a couple expansions empty between events so that you have room for level 1 buildings and can complete quests with ease is more important then filling every possible square with permanent buildings for rank or whatever.

Hope this helps:)

note: the level 20 or tech quest this go-around is terrible for those in chapters 6-8, and all I can recommend is taking the advanced notice you have from beta to your live accounts and FS. For those at techlock in chapters on 6-8 beta it's pretty hopeless.

Last edited:

DeletedUser724

you have forget
T1 boost goods 3 hour, 9 hour , 1 day....may be 2 days
and
all T1 3 hour, 9 hour, possible 1 day in future and further possible 2 days in future

so find a place in your city and stack some more Boost 1 goods building and other non-boosted T1 good building...
u need them for any event's quest

DeletedUser

https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/halloween-quests

20. Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher
How is one who is finished with the halflings and has upgraded all buildings already suppose to do this !? :mad:

Level 20? TWENTY? Really? Please tell me that's just a typo!

A good reason to not always upgrade all your residences at a time and leave some for quests like these. ;)

@Katzenprinz With non-stop events that ask us to either unlock a technology or upgrade a building to a high level, there is a limit in how many buildings you can save for these kind of quests. On live I've completed the Halflings 2 months ago. With all the events we've had in the meantime, there's no way that you will still have any buildings left to upgrade. And most certainly not to freaking level 20

palmira

@Katzenprinz With non-stop events that ask us to either unlock a technology or upgrade a building to a high level, there is a limit in how many buildings you can save for these kind of quests. On live I've completed the Halflings 2 months ago. With all the events we've had in the meantime, there's no way that you will still have any buildings left to upgrade. And most certainly not to freaking level 20

Here it will be easy to unlock a technology, the complicated part will be solving all those encounters; on my live server I started upgrading a marble factory, they are the fastest to upgrade and will leave it at lvl 19 for the event. I finished halflings weeks ago, all my buildings are at the top level but i guess all of us in the same situation have space left for the next race. On the other hand, players stuck in some point in research that can't level buildings to 20 are in a deadlock

DeletedUser

Here it will be easy to unlock a technology, the complicated part will be solving all those encounters; on my live server I started upgrading a marble factory, they are the fastest to upgrade and will leave it at lvl 19 for the event. I finished halflings weeks ago, all my buildings are at the top level but i guess all of us in the same situation have space left for the next race. On the other hand, players stuck in some point in research that can't level buildings to 20 are in a deadlock

You're right about that. To upgrade a building to lvl 20, you must at least be in the Orc chapter to upgrade a residence. So it will be impossible to do for a lot of players who are tech-locked and haven't reach the Orcs yet.

I've just finished upgrading extra factories on Live, so I don't have enough pop anymore to upgrade yet another marble to lvl 20. It will have to be a residence, so I better get started right away then *sigh*.